Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

programmer ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default programmer ?'s

Is it worth it to buy a programmer? Does it really do anything to a N/A car. I have a 06 ls2 m6 and was thinking about it but wanted to see what everybody else thinks first. Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nah not really.... They do more for the A4's because of the shift points, Whats good about it for the M6 is that it gets rid of the 1-4 skip shift and turns the fans on earlier.... Its probably good for maybe 10-15 hp because it also tweaks the timing a little.... IMO its not worth it for the money.... I would just wait untill you do some mods like Longtubes, ect then I would get a dyno tune.... If your just looking for a tune you can get your local LSX shop to do a base tune for about 125 bucks and its a lot better because they can do everything the programmer can do and them some.... The only thing is that you would have to bring it back to them to change the tune back to factory if you ever needed to unlike the Diablo were you can just plug it in and change it.... If you can find a used one cheap its worth it.... Id check out LS1/LS2GTO.com and look in the FS section or post up a WTB thread. They always have them for sale on that site..... I wouldnt pay more than 180 for one imo...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Teching In

10-15 WHP but you can really fine tune it with a Predator tuner. Adjust the timing and fueling and max it out a bit. Makes a nice scanner too.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 AM

kewl. thanks for the info i was just wondering what it would do for a n/a car cuz i knew programmers did wonders for diesels and turbod cars.

Quick Reply: programmer ?'s