Old 11-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto Roll Cage

Hey anyone got a roll cage for gto if so where did you get it and how much
Old 11-19-2009, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

sw race cars sells them that is where i bought mine. they have 6-8-10 points and mild steal or chromomly
Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Launching!

link? i know gravan sells them, they're on the web site any way
Old 11-20-2009, 05:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1216
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1221
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1220

Here is a link to what one looks like installed.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=11 Bob
Old 11-20-2009, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the roll bars that Gravana sell are NHRA legal.

Anyone have 5 or 6 point roll bars for the GTO that will pass NHRA tech for 10-11.5 ET?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

like i said sw race cars sells chromoly and mild steel cage's. do a yahoo search. i have one in my car.

last year on thanks giving they had free shipping. i am waiting to see because i am getting the 10 point upgrade kit

they are nhra /ihra legal cage's
Old 11-21-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Old 11-21-2009, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post a link for the 5 or 6 point SW Race roll bar. I only saw 8 point and 10 point cages on their website.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by batboy
Post a link for the 5 or 6 point SW Race roll bar. I only saw 8 point and 10 point cages on their website.
i will in the morning but you might have to buy the 8 point and just use what you need for youre speed index. i went all the way back with the rear bars but you might need to cut them and weld them in where you want

these kits are not plug and play they take some fabbing to use them as with any kit that is reasonably priced

i am sure if you pay 3 times as much you can get a bolt in cage.just depends on the route you want to go
Old 11-29-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

personaly I dont like the way the car was hacked up,by hacked up ..no back seat,also looks like it will be hard to get in and out due to roll bar.I want to be able to drive my street car in comfort,rip off some 9s and drive it home,so Im looking for a custom cage.
cage yes i want one,hell I am running 9s on stock IRS have been running 10s for three seasons,I like the mini tub,like the fab 9,ive did 1.50 60fts with the IRS and drag radials,leaving off the foot brake.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Launching!

not completely legal cage(back legs too low on main hoop)and it is a little low near elbows to shoulders but i wanted that way so my elbows wouldn't hit too much while tossing the car around sometimes,but will get me by...

450.00 bucks parts and labor...local guy did the work...i will reset the back legs higher on the hoop later...

Old 12-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quick346
the fab 9 makes it look like you have a lift kit. and you are not running 9's unless you are a back woods hill billy with no track rules

dont act like a *** or go drive youre honda

safety cages are part of going fast.you are a douche bag . go fast and have fun and never be in a nhra event because like i said you are a back woods hillbilly married to youre sister

also if you are on governmeant assistance do not post on my threads so i guess that means you.if my car is "hacked up" i would hate to see youres and all the coat hangers holding the exhauste onprob the same one you aborted youre last child with. but what would you be .youre sister ith the mom you are the dad

so you are youre own kids uncle. love it maybe he can drive youre 9 sec gto at the track with no cage. or really you dont own a gto you have a 84 monte carlo

i know who you are poser. sell one of youre kidneys and youre step mom and maybe then you could afforrd the gas to drive to the dealership nto take a gto for a test drive. untill then kepp the monty on the back 40 and keep youre mouth shut. again remember i know who you are and how stupid you are
dude, get the sand out of your vag. i think what he he ment was, he wants it to be functional. and by functional he means use the back seat and still drive across the country in comfort and appear stock. am i defending him? no. but you took his post way out of line
Old 12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brokenfly
not completely legal cage(back legs too low on main hoop)and it is a little low near elbows to shoulders but i wanted that way so my elbows wouldn't hit too much while tossing the car around sometimes,but will get me by...

450.00 bucks parts and labor...local guy did the work...i will reset the back legs higher on the hoop later...

dude you can see where the cross bar meets the main hoop it is not fully welded that will never pass inspection. you need to get that fixed.

remember adding all that steel is for safety if it is improperly installed it can be a safety issue. you do not want thos bars breaking free in a crash and causing you harm. all welds need to be 360 deg around the pipe.

if for anything youre own safety or leave it right out of the car
Old 12-05-2009, 05:22 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

dude you can see where the cross bar meets the main hoop it is not fully welded that will never pass inspection. you need to get that fixed.

remember adding all that steel is for safety if it is improperly installed it can be a safety issue. you do not want thos bars breaking free in a crash and causing you harm. all welds need to be 360 deg around the pipe.

I was wondering the same thing when I looked at that pic, it may just be the angle of the pic and the front bar may be hiding the weld. Bob
Old 12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
10 Second Club

this is what I meant by hacked up,some things are better left to a professional,when I put a cage in my car,which is soon,mine will pass tech. and look like its a custom fit from GM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

no the last pic you can see it is not welded all the way around. i dont care myself but i dont want to see one of those bars break free and kill you. it is not for me i am just worried for you
Old 12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

If he was referring to my post that exactly what I meant I want forum and function and I do have a 9 second GTO and no I do not have a cage ,will have before spring,I am one of the few in the USA look me up on the racing section,ls1gto.com under rcsfastgto,9.52 @144mph with my custom twin setup,and another thing dont you ever send me a PM with you rude crude remarks quick346,you have a severe problem,I have the right to post what I think in any part of this forumn.regards RC
one of my 9 second videos
Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Launching!

a couple more pics from another angle...

Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Launching!

when i get the other back legs added to the top of the hoop,i try to get better pics...

plus i will crawl back there and look closer at the backside of those welds more...

no one is wanting to get killed,just stay in your lane...lol...
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rcsfastmonte
If he was referring to my post that exactly what I meant I want forum and function and I do have a 9 second GTO and no I do not have a cage ,will have before spring,I am one of the few in the USA look me up on the racing section,ls1gto.com under rcsfastgto,9.52 @144mph with my custom twin setup,and another thing dont you ever send me a PM with you rude crude remarks quick346,you have a severe problem,I have the right to post what I think in any part of this forumn.regards RC
one of my 9 second videos
like i said if you run 9.52 with no cage in the back woods good for you. most of us in the civil world have to run by track rules not just a 1/4 mile taped off on a back road

Quick Reply: Gto Roll Cage