Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous?

I am wanting to run a 100 to 150 shot.

What is the biggest shot I can go with without a tune?

Where do I put the fogger nozzle? Between the maf and throttle body right.

Where is the best place to put the system under the hood? (I dont want it to look so out there)

Do I need a bigger fuel pump?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06GTOKID
I am wanting to run a 100 to 150 shot.

What is the biggest shot I can go with without a tune?

Where do I put the fogger nozzle? Between the maf and throttle body right.

Where is the best place to put the system under the hood? (I dont want it to look so out there)

Do I need a bigger fuel pump?
100-150 shot is no problem if done right. I'd recommend a wet plate system. If you don't get a pro tune, you should at least have a wideband. If you mean a wet fogger nozzle, yes it goes in the air tube before the TB. You can mount the solenoids almost anywhere, but it's better to have the fuel line fairly short. You don't have many performance mods, so a 100 shot is probably ok with the stock fuel pump. Anymore than that, you probably should seriously consider a Walbro pump.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont be cheap, get a tune, even on a 75 shot id get a tune......its cheap horsepower but cheap isnt always best. recommended fuel jetting for my 100 shot was way lean so we upped it 5 jet sizes......if you go with rec. jets they arent always spot on, theres a good chance my motor would go eventually if i just went with the rec. jetting.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
dont be cheap, get a tune, even on a 75 shot id get a tune......its cheap horsepower but cheap isnt always best. recommended fuel jetting for my 100 shot was way lean so we upped it 5 jet sizes......if you go with rec. jets they arent always spot on, theres a good chance my motor would go eventually if i just went with the rec. jetting.
ive never once seen a set of recommeded jets be lean. normally they are way rich so as to cover the manufactures ***. and 5 jet sizes is hard for me to imagine. i would be looking at your fuel pressure or something. so what is your air fuel ratio now on spray?

to the OP- you should not need to tune for a 100 or 150 shot. just varify the air fule ratio on the spray. you want it at 12.5 on spray. no leaner but you can go richer if you want to be extra safe. fuel pump shoul;d be fine since i see you have no other mods.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

yup id definatley get a tune regardless of shot, it will save you $
Old 07-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Teching In

will a programmer work to tune it.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A wet nitrous system allows you can change fuel jets to make it richer or leaner, but you still need a wideband to see what your air/fuel ratio is at while you are dialing it in. A pro tuner will have a wideband and will optimize the timing for you too. If you have a wideband, you can tune it yourself if you are careful. I don't recommend a hand held tuner by itself.

Quick Reply: Nitrous?