Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 GTO Traction Control problem.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i guess it would eliminate that you might just want to check and make sure there is no corrosion on your bulbs or connections. fyi that is what my cc was doing too. i could turn it on but it wouldn't set...
Old 08-12-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had stock 04 tails, now have 06 tails, no change in the CC working it does it with both and I don't have LED's.

My tuner (Lane Culver of Culver Automotive) is the builder/tuner for HINSON Supercars--google it and check out some of his work. He does the badass V8 swap into RX7/8's, 350/370Z's, 240Z's and S2000's and a ton of high performance mods to any LS based motor. He has had a couple cars featured in magazines as well.

Buzz
Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Buzzmanb12 thought it was funny looking on google first page I get this link. Not saying he couldn't do a good tune from what I saw but looks like he's not good at staying out of trouble lol!

Something interesting as well I tested driving the car home and to work one day where at every stop I would bump it into neutral and then back to drive when lights turned green. Sure enough the TC never turned off and caused the strange shifting issues at all, did this a couple more trips out and about to see if it would continue to do okay (it did). Defiantly points to something in the tune, now to get time to schedule a tune on this thing and fix this crap!

Last night noticed I went to crank the car and it cranked very slowly (sounded like low battery voltage) and instantly the ABS and TC shut off when the car started (heading to dinner), after dinner it was fine no issues when it cranked. This morning leaving for work it cranked a little slow and TC shut off when the car started.

If it's not one thing it's another on this car geez! Guess next is to measure voltage with the key out and trace out what's pulling extra juice.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Teching In

I have had some issues that started with the T/C not operating at first, then ABS warning, airbag warning. Very erratic, some times came on & turned off on the drive. Had it looked at the shop, it was determined that the ground block on the right fender (behind the battery) was corroded, so it was cleaned up and some new dielectric grease applied to connections. Problem didn't appear for several months. This time my battery went dead, had a couple of start ups that were sickly but the next day it was dead. Installed new ground block and new battery, but no cure for the warning lights. Now, did some more research and this was a very common problem in early 04's; the BCM under the glove box has a lot of issues with the connections becomeing "loose" or rubbing on various parts & shorting to cuase this sparatic warnings (by the way my hand held would not show any codes or was able to clear them as it didn't think there were any). A lot of the research said that folks were having erradic speedo issues flashing to 200mph while cruising along at low speeds, steering wheel audio controls inop or misfunctioning, cruise not working, radio just going up in volume on its own, cooling fans not turning off and draining the battery. I would suggest that you disconnect the battery, unplug the connections going to BCM at the bcm look at the wire harness in that area for any possible issues and correct or adjust the wires so as not to rub on any thing going forward. Reconnnect and see what takes place, it has cured my issues... And for a factory computer to be installed how this one is on our cars is pretty lame, it really just "floats" with some foam sandwich and a snap fit to back side of it.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Teching In

ah ha finally found something on this. My t/c turns off as soon as the car moves and nothing but turning the ignition off then back on will make it come back on. As soon as the car moves agian it is off. It startedright after the dealer fixed a short to the computer. I'll start investigating there first then move to the maf. Thanks for the post.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 GTO Traction Control problem.