Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Wet drivers floor board...most prevalent cause?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet drivers floor board...most prevalent cause?

Ok guys Ive seen these threads on this kind of thing on our cars a thousand times but now I think I'm one of the unfortunate that have fallen to the leak also. Upon cleaning the Goat out the other day I was vacuuming and felt the drivers floorboard carpet is damp. I pulled the carpet back as far as I could without pulling the seat and like I said only the damn drivers floorboard was wet. No puddle, no sopping wet carpet (yet), just damp carpet. Ive seen a few things where some areas can have white plugs or something that block the water in the car but I'm not sure if that could cause my exact issue. Any ideas guys? MUCH appreciated!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah, if you have a GOOD solution or links to CORRECT info please PM me so I can chat with you if you have experience in finding these damn leaks!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
12 Second Club

Wet shoes? It has been raining a lot lately. Just one of the obvious that you might overlook.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

I thought that too, but I've got two floormats in each floor board and they were dry. I saw some good info on ls1gto but I'm not a member there. Looks like I may be joining to get some help. Interior stuff is hard enough to get to replace I REALLY don't want to have to do carpet, or have any electrical issues.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

I've been trying to find my leak which sounds like the sameone you have. I think its actually the windshield sealant. I've had my windshield replace and when my floor is wet i can follow it up under the dash but after that its a guessing game.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

I had the same issue where water would trickle down the passenger side kick panel when it rained or I washed it.

It ended up being my windshield. It was replaced sometime in my goat's life and they replaced it with a slighly thinner version. I eventually got a gm spec thickness and the leaked stopped. So the theories of it beign windshield related would be a good place to start.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

some help here.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347369
Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Launching!

Funny this should be mentioned, I washed my car not but a few days ago and had a droplet hit me in the arm... Don't make me trade you for a vette goat.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

The floorboard behind my drivers seat was wet the other day. Only once and its been pouring everyday here so who knows... Soumds like its my driver door though from others testimonies.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedfoxGTO
Funny this should be mentioned, I washed my car not but a few days ago and had a droplet hit me in the arm... Don't make me trade you for a vette goat.
Now did this come from the door??? A little trick you can do is put baby powder on the top of the door, take it to a self serve carwash and spray the crap out of the doors from different angles. Then when your done if you find water inside you can check the baby powder on top of the door and see if its the rubber seal around the door. The shower at the dealership doesnt do **** thats why i did it this way.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
The floorboard behind my drivers seat was wet the other day. Only once and its been pouring everyday here so who knows... Soumds like its my driver door though from others testimonies.
Yours may be the plug on the quarter panel next to the speaker in the rear. Usually if the rear floorboard is wet its usually this seal back there. I'll see if i can find the thread about it for ya.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
Here ya go some light reading for ya!
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ght=water+leak
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Joeyelbows
Here ya go some light reading for ya!
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...ght=water+leak
Wow thanks man, almost guarantee without looking thats my problem because I backed up, stopped on an incline, got out to get something from the trunk and water was running out from in front of the wheel well. Its gotta be from inside that rocker. Im putting my stock axle backs back on tomorrow and Ill pop that cover off while Im under there and let you know what I find.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Sorry I havent been following my own thread guys. Thanks for all the info Ima check it out soon. Been dodging tornadoes here in Alabama. I live in Hazel Green, a few miles from Harvest where a EF4 touched down. Seven dead in my county alone and 230 statewide. Pray for us guys, its been a rough week, just fortunate I still have a roof over my head.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:19 PM
12 Second Club

Thumbs up

Ya man those were some of the most severe tornado's our country has ever seen. Im glad your ok man. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all the families that were caught in the storms.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Thanks bro, my family and our direct area was untouched but just a few miles away it killed 7 as far as I have seen on the news just in our county. 230 statewide last time I listened to the news. over 600k without power but theyre getting it on slowly. Just glad to be alive, damn the electricity. I just feel sickened for the people who lost everything and loved ones.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Im just killing time on here and thought I'd check my leak thread. No power at my house, nothing good on local news and its painful to listen to the news anymore due to the chaos of the storms, and the only good thing on TV is Osamas *** is gone. But anyways on a more lighter note... Since mainly ALL the good info about the leaks that plague our cars is on other sites I was hoping we could get a sticky going here in the GTO section by posting pics of problem areas and/or as many VALID links to good info sources as possible. Maybe this will work?

Quick Reply: Wet drivers floor board...most prevalent cause?