Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Need wheel / tire size help for our GTO's

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need wheel / tire size help for our GTO's

Ok, I don't have a lot of time to make a decision here. A good friend of mine has a set of tires he bought and he put them on his Z06 and didn't like the way they looked. He offered to sell them to me dirt cheap, and they are all BRAND NEW. But the problem is I have to buy new wheel's to fit the tires. Which isn't a big problem because I've been wanting new wheels anyways but didn't have the budget for wheels and tires. If these will fit, it would be possible.

Tires are 295/30/R18's. I believe he had them on an 18"x10" wheel.

I currently have 245/35/R18's on 18"x8" wheels.

Is there any way these tires will fit on our cars? If so what size wheel & offset would I need?

Finally I don't know if it matters but my car is an 04 model.

Hopefully you guys can help. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usmonaro
Ok, I don't have a lot of time to make a decision here. A good friend of mine has a set of tires he bought and he put them on his Z06 and didn't like the way they looked. He offered to sell them to me dirt cheap, and they are all BRAND NEW. But the problem is I have to buy new wheel's to fit the tires. Which isn't a big problem because I've been wanting new wheels anyways but didn't have the budget for wheels and tires. If these will fit, it would be possible.

Tires are 295/30/R18's. I believe he had them on an 18"x10" wheel.

I currently have 245/35/R18's on 18"x8" wheels.

Is there any way these tires will fit on our cars? If so what size wheel & offset would I need?

Finally I don't know if it matters but my car is an 04 model.

Hopefully you guys can help. Thanks.
Those will be hard to get on that car. At the least it would take a 9½-10" 50ish offset and extreme rolling/trimming of the outer fender and a BFH on the inner one with grinding on the control arms and shock dust cover. Rear control arm bushings would be recommended too. With all that it will still depend on a good side-to-side alignment of the rear subframe. Impossible? No but iffy. The other thing to note is that different tire brands can affect their actual overall size
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it will be cheaper for you to get 275 tires than try to install 295 on your car. And sticky 275 are plenty enough.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

And sticky 275 are plenty enough.
Lol for what? Not anything more than a stock car in 2nd gear.

Anyway, what brand tires are those? You could fit them on a 9.5" wheel with high offset and possibly use a spacer if they hit the inner wall. But then you would have to do something to your suspension/fenders in order to keep them from rubbing.

You could make it happen sure, but you would need some body work and suspension.

Quick Reply: Need wheel / tire size help for our GTO's