Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Clutch Line Spring Clip Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Line Spring Clip Needed

Looking for some help locating a spring clip for the clutch line that connects the master and slave cylinders on a 2005 GTO spec MN12 T56. This is a quick disconect style factory fitting - I am missing the spring clip. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

not serviced seperatly from the hose..... can order GM# 92067510 which is $46 to get the clip

dont lose the clip lol
Old 09-29-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought it was a hair pin clip?
http://www.dormanproducts.com/gsearc...=Hair+Pin+Clip
Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

its possible.... but when i see
#14 NS part of #15

means there is no GM part number for it
Old 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Yup, just went through this as well. $40 and it includes the hardline out of the slave cylinder as well. I ended up safety wiring the lines together... 2 weeks and still holding.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:40 PM
Teching In

This thread is old as dirt but I came upon same issue when sourcing a clip for an 2010 camaro SS slave cylinder.
At GM as stated above the whole assembly does need to be bought but apparently there is a VW slave cylinder line and FORD slave cylinder line clip that is identical.
VW OEM Part # 7M0721431
FORD(european) Part # 4560608

I'll reply again with confirmation once I visit dealerships tomorrow unless this is a nonissue.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT CLIP...the one I need must be MUCH wider.
EDIT 2: Ignore the last edit...I had the right clip but the wrong line...THIS CLIP WORKS GREAT

Last edited by preluding; 07-10-2017 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Teching In

I am trying to hook up my clutch hydraulics and need this clip. I've googled the **** out of it and can't come up with the clip. Any alternatives to buying that whole pipe?
Old 07-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tyler J Smith
I am trying to hook up my clutch hydraulics and need this clip. I've googled the **** out of it and can't come up with the clip. Any alternatives to buying that whole pipe?
See "edit 2"....The clip I posted works great and I currently am using it.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks man. I'm going to post a couple links I found poking around on break today. I just came back here to reference your part numbers now that I'm home since I ran out of time to check this thread at work. I was thinking that there was a chance the Ford and Chrysler clutch lines use the same fitting for TR6060 clutch lines and after looking at pics I'm sure of it. I'm still uncertain of if the female end that the clip is in is identical since it comes with each manufacturers version slave cylinder but it's at least very close.

Once I broadened my search to other makes I found this:
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...native-540747/
I was hoping the part number was different from the one you said didn't work but turns out it's that same part and thankfully you confirmed it DID work after all!

Also found this if you get desperate enough for an overpriced repackage:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/mcl...ning-clip.html
If the page gets taken down it's Mcleod part MCL-139249

Also while at work looking at Google images I found 3 parts that look similar. I started with BMW since their OEM line nearly plugs straight into an LS swap clutch line. The other 2 are visually similar but I didn't get to dig into forum threads yet. It's the most likely of the 3 below to fit but try any at your own risk.

BMW 21521165451

SAAB 4940714

VOLVO 9181827

I poured over parts diagrams for Corvette, GTO, Camaro, and other LS manual powered cars and none of them list a part number. I was hoping to get lucky and find that it was actually available for one and just not listed as a service part on the other diagrams but nope.

Lastly I came across a thread on a Colorado/Canyon thread and I think they might use the same clip on the reservoir side if I remember correctly. Again, not serviced in the diagrams but this is the most likely one to be in your local junkyard besides the unconfirmed imports.

I know this has been solved but I'm hoping rest of the info can be useful to someone that gets in a bind and needs a part ASAP. I didn't get to research the Chrysler (Challenger/Viper/Ram SRT10) options but don't rule it out, it might yield a part.

Ty
Old 07-10-2017, 05:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty sure i have one in my shed somewhere. pm me your address and i'll mail it to you
Old 07-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim94gt
pretty sure i have one in my shed somewhere. pm me your address and i'll mail it to you
I got one from the VW dealer for $5. Thanks though.

Quick Reply: Clutch Line Spring Clip Needed