Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Vortech on the goat

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vortech on the goat

I installed the wrong rotation blower on my GTO. So right now, I am looking at viable options to get this fixed. I have a CCW rotation unit that was intended for a vette. I've exhausted my options as far as having vortech make simple swaps as they want me to buy a new blower. I have access to a CW impeller. My question is: if I buy the correct impeller blade and use the same volute, would that correct my issue? Right now, the car isn't building any boost and I think it is attributed to the incorrect rotation. I am under the impression that the volute is only needed for the orientation of the engine and not the facilitation of getting air out of the blower correctly. Some who has a good physics background or knowledge in blowers chime in and please help me out with that.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've followed your other thread on this.

Happy to stand corrected, however I'm sure that the direction of rotation of the impeller is matched to the rotation of the housing.

As you are set up at the moment you are spinning the impeller backwards.
Simply changing the impeller so that is now being spun in the correct direction will have it sucking in through the inlet, but the outlet is not in line with the direction that the compressed air is traveling.

Unfortunately if Vortech won't sell you the parts needed I think your best course of action is to sell your head unit and buy the correct unit.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are absolutely correct. I ended up deciding to sell my CCW rotation unit and purchase the correct one. I will eventually post it for sale here in this site when I am allowed.

Quick Reply: Vortech on the goat