Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

low speed fan replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default low speed fan replacement

my low speed fan motor is out and my high speed on the drivers side is the only one kicking on at 235, i changed the relays and still no juice. is there a replacement motor/singular fan? or do i have toreplace the whole thing? i wanted to see if i could rebuild the motor in mine first before replacing the whole assembly.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:33 PM
TECH Veteran

i "semi" fixed it but found the cause.

the "fan #2" 30A fuse had a broken ground terminal prong so when the pcm/bcm "grounds out" the fan circuit to kick them on low or high it wasnt a complete ground circuit. i need to replace that prong in the fuse box, im going to upload pictures of what i did to test it. basically when doing the jumper trick i connected the 30A fuse to 2 wires and touched the terminals. leaving relay #2 and 3 in and jumping the relay 1 terminals along with my fuse trick kicked both on low. jumping all 3 with the fuse trick made both kick on high.

below the black wire goes to the broken ground tab/prong where the 30a rad fan 2 f/l fuse goes.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

I've been having the same issue with the low speed not coming on, I'll have to give this a try!

Quick Reply: low speed fan replacement