Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Throttle body cable problems

Old 09-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle body cable problems

So my cable is having two issues following a cam/heads swap. First, is that it's rubbing at the firewall, when I get under the steering wheel and watch the cable movement I can see the cable picking up some dust from rubbing against something. No idea what it's rubbing against. It makes my pedal harder to depress, it doesn't stick but the movement isn't as smooth as before.

Second, now my cable won't reach the lower mount hole on my TB. Now it only reaches in between the two holes. So I tried the higher mount and the TB only opens 48%(HPTuners), if I use the lower mount I can open the TB 100% but then it stays open 5-10%. Also my goat revs to 3-4k when using the lower mount, I'm assuming I have to back out some crank timing to fix the high revving ignition. I added crank timing because my goat was having trouble turning off after the install.

I had a heck of a time with the steering rack during my cam/head swap so I'm wondering if I bent something accidentally, if there's something that could've been bent? I banged the driver's side headers around pretty good trying to clearance the steering rack during removal and install.

My Fast 92/NW 92 were already installed before the cam/head swap with zero issues previously.

Thanks in advance. All mods in my sig.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you have it routed wrong man, it should reach back to where it mounts unless you accidentally bent the throttle pedal arm installing the headers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle body cable problems