Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

couple questions about an '06 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default couple questions about an '06 GTO

I'm going to be purchasing a 2006 GTO within the next couple days, it has 55k miles. At what point do the rear ends start to sag on these cars to cause issues? were all of them affected later on in miles or just over time? Also I tried looking on summit to price out a pair of pedders springs just in case they haven't been done and it says their being discontinued and have 1 in stock, so where could i find the proper springs to lift up the rear the right amount of height?

Here's the mods list, im not sure if it has had any suspension work, its possible but I've got to ask.

New Rear Tires
K&N air intake
1 3/4'' LT's
Stainless Works Catless Exhaust
Custom cam (227deg intake dur at 0.050 and 235deg exhaust dur on a 113LSA) with dual springs, titanium retainers, seats, valve stem seals, and hardened chrome moly pushrods Competition Cams LSX rocker arm trunion upgrader
Mishimoto aftermarket Radiator
GTO/VZ 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft and Billet Flange

I'm only looking to possibly run the car at the drag strip every once in a while.

this car is very clean he's had it for 5 years. don't they have strut leaking issues? how can i tell if they've been repaired?

Here's what I've found, can anyone tell me which ones are more rare less common?

Most common issues with less miles:

Wire harness can rub on metal support behind glove box. Do a search for more information.

Fuel line could rub on fuel rail cover near drivers rear of engine. Will burn car to the ground if it does rub a hole in the line.

Radius Rod bushings should be replaced as OEM bushing were not the best.

Radiator tank will leak at some time

Battery drain issues if car is stored for 2-3 weeks without running.

Rear spring sag causing improper tire wear.

Strut rub causing improper tire wear.

Leather on top of rear seats gets hard if not treated, seams will split or seperate.

Steering wheel spokes will delaminate and look bad.

Head Liner could sag if its a southern state car
Old 12-29-2014, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most sagged coming off the boat. Excessive sag will cause too much rear camber affecting tire-ground contact patch and tire wear. Get the Lovells 20mm drop springs from Kollar Racing. Check behind the glove box and if it has not been done slit a piece of rubber hose and wrap it around the bundle. Do the same thing with the fuel line or just take the worthless covers off. You can check for strut rub by just looking. You want to be able to stick a pencil between the tire and strut. I put a trickle charger on mine when it sits for more than a few days. The rest aren't that serious.

Quick Reply: couple questions about an '06 GTO