Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Advice on suspension components.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advice on suspension components.

I've started to modify my car for a little more power, but I want this car to handle too. My rear end has already started to sag, a little which is a pretty common problem, so let's nip this in the bud. As of the end of this month, the car will have a tune, intake, headers w/ high-flow cats, and that's it for now.

I'm looking at a set of BC Racing BR Series Adjustable Coilovers, but I'm not too sure about how well it'll handle my power goal of 500+ down the road. I won't be doing dig racing if that helps with any advice. The goat is not daily driven, and is not taken out during rainy days or when winter comes around.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

BC work fine, as long as you don't mind putting Chinese parts on your car. I run aussie DMS coilovers, they are the top shelf variety. I'd consider KW over the BC deal if I had to choose. Radius rod bushes are the first bush that needs changing.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't mind ordering individual components instead of a kit, but where would you recommend getting those DMS coils?
Old 05-23-2015, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

DMS coilovers are best ordered from the manufacturer. The owner Jamie is the main tech guy. Do not deal with DMS North America the guy is dishonest and ripped me off. Jamie has always been prompt and professional.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definitely radius rod bushings and poly strut mounts and new bearings in the strut mount. depending on miles the rear springs are/will sag. If your an M6 Revshift trans mount poly insert. Cross member bushings and diff mount insert or a Harrop diff cover. I don't see on the vendor list here where I got most of my stuff from but PM me and I'll tell you where. He's very knowledgeable with our cars and deals in the Aussi stuff. And he is affordable!!
Old 05-26-2015, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

^ yep

Quick Reply: Advice on suspension components.