Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

3.91 gears , WHAT BRAND ARE THESE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.91 gears , WHAT BRAND ARE THESE?

Rem polished 3.91 gears

Any idea what brand 3.91 gears these are?
Old 06-22-2015, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3.91 are OEM GM gears. The Motive were made in 3.90, 3.71 and 4.10. SO if they are true 3.91 gears they are Holden made and were used in the HSV models. They are very well made and are not cheap. Cost me $750 for the ring and piņon alone and add $150 for install kit and $95 for spring tuning kit and $550 for harrop rear cover and that was my first rear end mod. Makes fun for lots of torque. Have a spare rear end with 3.46 gears for sale now. Soon to sell my 3.91 setup for the 9".
Old 07-18-2015, 07:56 PM
9 Second Club

I'd say Aussie gears as well. I know we sold a few and had them REM polished but it's been awhile, like 2-3 years ago.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GFORCE1320
I'd say Aussie gears as well. I know we sold a few and had them REM polished but it's been awhile, like 2-3 years ago.
What do you know about diffs? It's clear you don't know much, I'm tired of getting the ones you built and/or sublet.

If I were you, I wouldn't offer any advice on gears or anything diffs.

I'd also stop ignoring customers and refund them; you've left some hangin for months. In fact, another two are coming out with the same issues, one has just posted publicly. Standby 1.

OP, there are several gears that these could be. Hard to tell without better pics. The initial impression is oe, but that isn't always the case. If you need to confirm what these are, pm me; I'll need a few pics.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Toolittledick shut the **** up, you're not impressing anyone.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by george g
Toolittledick shut the **** up, you're not impressing anyone.
That's my diff that he is talking about so it seems your the one that's not impressing anyone!! Crawl back to your hole troll I think our mom is done washing clothes so you can retreat back to the basement.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:56 PM
wrp
9 Second Club

I'm going with Chris and Canada on this one. My OEM 3.91's were bought through Difftech nearly 10 years ago. Chris has forgotten more about Diffs than either of you will ever learn.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:17 AM
On The Tree

You have 4 post and call me a troll?The only post you have are hanging on 2qw dick.I don't know or care what happened to your diff, but everyone is getting tired of the constant tread crapping.There is a buyer/seller feedback section use it.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This went south quickly...

Old 07-23-2015, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Yes it did!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nogomofo1970
Yes it did!
Sorry to jump in your thread, I wasn't trying to disrespect. I want fellow members to know what they are dealing with and save anyone from heartburn-nothing else.

It's just that I'm tired of getting all these disgruntled guys calling me to redo gforce diffs for many years now. I feel bad for these guys and only a handful have been brave enough to come out. There are quite a few threads out there if you search. I've got 2 builds on the bench right now due to gforce failures. In fact, I should have another in a few weeks. I also know I'm getting a diff soon with more miles on the box than on the diff from shipping back and forth to gforce. That diff supposedly has 4 or 5 trips with stuff breaking on every trip. Sad. Every instance I call gforce out (Chris), he barks up some bs or lies, then when confronted with facts, he no longer responds.

Then we have uneducated and uninformed folk like the sack swinger above making worthless comments and making things a personal attack rather than contributing anything of value or fact.

In addition, he boldly posts his website like he's a paid vendor here.

Last edited by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT; 07-23-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Not a nut swinger,all my drive train came from dss.We're all just tired of hearing the **** coming from you mouth.We get it you don't like gforce and he doesn't build rears anymore so let it go.If anything you should thank him for you getting all the extra work.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry, but they do need to be called out after all the threads that have been posted about their terrible rear builds. And watch out were you post about them, it will get ya banned
Old 07-25-2015, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vx355
Sorry, but they do need to be called out after all the threads that have been posted about their terrible rear builds. And watch out were you post about them, it will get ya banned
That or your thread locked without any answer or reasonable explanation. Horrible moral and ethics going on.

Then you have the down syndrome here talking about "tread crapping."
Old 07-26-2015, 10:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
That or your thread locked without any answer or reasonable explanation. Horrible moral and ethics going on.

Then you have the down syndrome here talking about "tread crapping."
Get it in your thick head, we don't build rears anymore and haven't for damn near a year and a half now.
Rears don't last forever! Of course someone is going to break something. You said you keep getting rears we build years ago that broke something? Like what?? We assembled them, we didn't make the internals..
We still get lots of calls for rear builds, if you weren't such an *** and if you had a legit business and were a vendor on here I'd send them your way.

Thread locked? Lumpys maybe? I responded that it was out of warranty and he wouldn't drop it so yea it was locked, very obvious why.

You just need to grow up and stop thread crapping like everyone says.
I'm not a paid vendor on here but I sure can be in a heart beat, it's pretty obvious you need to be a paid vendor with all your bullshit you run your mouth about on here.
I don't have to be a vendor on here, I've got vendor after vendor that sells our products that I can send people to.
Keep it up, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you get yourself banned on here like you did on the other forum.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get it in your thick head, we don't build rears anymore and haven't for damn near a year and a half now.
Rears don't last forever! Of course someone is going to break something. You said you keep getting rears we build years ago that broke something? Like what?? We assembled them, we didn't make the internals..
We still get lots of calls for rear builds, if you weren't such an *** and if you had a legit business and were a vendor on here I'd send them your way.

Thread locked? Lumpys maybe? I responded that it was out of warranty and he wouldn't drop it so yea it was locked, very obvious why.

You just need to grow up and stop thread crapping like everyone says.
I'm not a paid vendor on here but I sure can be in a heart beat, it's pretty obvious you need to be a paid vendor with all your bullshit you run your mouth about on here.
I don't have to be a vendor on here, I've got vendor after vendor that sells our products that I can send people to.
Keep it up, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you get yourself banned on here like you did on the other forum.
Get it through your head that you have been building poor quality, poorly engineered stuff for some time and I have to find solutions for them. I wouldn't of designed and made the majority of product I manufacture if your stuff was up to par. Ask anyone with my engineered solutions about their failures, HA! Your product falls short and diffs fail because they aren't done right. My diff success rate is 100% as of now. They are all still together and running except for a few trutrac failures. Even those took a long time to manifest. It's not about slapping them together, several things have to be observed and corrected to make them live. I have stock diffs holding over 1000hp now- you might forget about your troublesome 9" kit.

Keep up the lies and bs and I'll post objective, evidence based videos of your product and their faults; there are many. Don't think I'm after you from a personal standpoint, I'm just tired of all the failures and complaints I have to hear about. From broken yokes, overweight product, ill fitting driveline stuff, etc. You've been called out by many, I know many more and have evidence too; keep it up..

Better yet, come clean and do things right. Call LUMPY, instead of ignoring him. You've ignored him for several months now until the **** regime locked him out of his feedback thread. He's been through something like 4 diffs in the last year or two from you. Can you explain that? They have got to last at least a few hundred or few thousand miles, guy. His story is plain and simple, it wasn't built right from day one, he wants his money back.. He just bolted in a new diff recently, guess what... it's driving beautifully from the second he drove down the street. You think he's gonna call me in a year or two with issues? Let's bet on it.

Have you found any negative feedback on how i treat fellow members, or for the solutions i provide? Just the fact that they (your diff builds ) look like crap says plenty as they come out of your shop. Oh..wait, that's right, you sublet lots of them to another who can't build them correctly. I build them so they at least work and you could display them as art- every single unit. Moral and ethics are hard to come by today, you are no exception.

I'm not here to sell or advertise anything. I'm not here to harass. I'm not here with my website posted in my sig getting customers for free either. People find me through the great goat family. Nothing beats good word of mouth for reputable people and solutions.

Let's not forget, you are the one who asked me to make parts with you, it's not the other way around; there's a good reason for that, Chris. You knew exactly who you were dealing with as you began to see my stuff.

Now, at the end of the day, have some sort of spine, call lumpy guy and make good on what you sold him. You've ignored him like the plague; we all know this. It says loads about who you are. Make good on the others coming out too. BE HONEST ABOUT STUFF, DONT MAKE PEOPLE SIGN A GAG ORDER, JUST REFUND THEM WHEN APPROPIATE. Only then, may you begin to redeem yourself. The false image and reputation you obtsined on ls1gto is wearing out fast. I'd post links here to the handful that have come public, but the staff here made it clear they don't want outside forum links with cross wars posted in here. That's too bad, it might save a member from one of your headaches.

You wanna play the big shot, take it to gas tires and oil, I'll hit you with all the facts and we can debate in there. You can also reply in public to the members that have come forward with an explanation so it's fair to you too.

Take this somewhere else, leave it alone as the mod has asked here. The mods here seem to play by the rules, not "do as I say, not as I do." I know you aren't used to that.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2QWK4RU 06 GOAT
Get it through your head that you have been building poor quality, poorly engineered stuff for some time and I have to find solutions for them. I wouldn't of designed and made the majority of product I manufacture if your stuff was up to par. Ask anyone with my engineered solutions about their failures, HA! Your product falls short and diffs fail because they aren't done right. My diff success rate is 100% as of now. They are all still together and running except for a few trutrac failures. Even those took a long time to manifest. It's not about slapping them together, several things have to be observed and corrected to make them live. I have stock diffs holding over 1000hp now- you might forget about your troublesome 9" kit.

Keep up the lies and bs and I'll post objective, evidence based videos of your product and their faults; there are many. Don't think I'm after you from a personal standpoint, I'm just tired of all the failures and complaints I have to hear about. From broken yokes, overweight product, ill fitting driveline stuff, etc. You've been called out by many, I know many more and have evidence too; keep it up..

Better yet, come clean and do things right. Call LUMPY, instead of ignoring him. You've ignored him for several months now until the **** regime locked him out of his feedback thread. He's been through something like 4 diffs in the last year or two from you. Can you explain that? They have got to last at least a few hundred or few thousand miles, guy. His story is plain and simple, it wasn't built right from day one, he wants his money back.. He just bolted in a new diff recently, guess what... it's driving beautifully from the second he drove down the street. You think he's gonna call me in a year or two with issues? Let's bet on it.

Have you found any negative feedback on how i treat fellow members, or for the solutions i provide? Just the fact that they (your diff builds ) look like crap says plenty as they come out of your shop. Oh..wait, that's right, you sublet lots of them to another who can't build them correctly. I build them so they at least work and you could display them as art- every single unit. Moral and ethics are hard to come by today, you are no exception.

I'm not here to sell or advertise anything. I'm not here to harass. I'm not here with my website posted in my sig getting customers for free either. People find me through the great goat family. Nothing beats good word of mouth for reputable people and solutions.

Let's not forget, you are the one who asked me to make parts with you, it's not the other way around; there's a good reason for that, Chris. You knew exactly who you were dealing with as you began to see my stuff.

Now, at the end of the day, have some sort of spine, call lumpy guy and make good on what you sold him. You've ignored him like the plague; we all know this. It says loads about who you are. Make good on the others coming out too. BE HONEST ABOUT STUFF, DONT MAKE PEOPLE SIGN A GAG ORDER, JUST REFUND THEM WHEN APPROPIATE. Only then, may you begin to redeem yourself. The false image and reputation you obtsined on ls1gto is wearing out fast. I'd post links here to the handful that have come public, but the staff here made it clear they don't want outside forum links with cross wars posted in here. That's too bad, it might save a member from one of your headaches.

You wanna play the big shot, take it to gas tires and oil, I'll hit you with all the facts and we can debate in there. You can also reply in public to the members that have come forward with an explanation so it's fair to you too.

Take this somewhere else, leave it alone as the mod has asked here. The mods here seem to play by the rules, not "do as I say, not as I do." I know you aren't used to that.
What parts exactly do you make? Hollow GTO stubs? anything else? I'd like to know. Oh, maybe a clutch line kit?

I asked you to make parts for me??? I searched through 5 years of emails, PM's and thread replies and see nowhere that I asked you to make parts for me. Why would I do that? Do you even own a cnc machine?
I've got a building full of cnc machines running 7 days a week 24/7. Today I offer products for 8 different IRS platforms, our products are sold world wide. We sell to damn near every major shop in the world.
Our products are in Summit Racing.
We private lable axles for Ford Racing that go on the new IRS Mustang, our axles are on every Roush Stg 3 Mustang that rolls off the line.
Why would I need your help?
Just how long ago was this that I asked you for help? And if I did somehow obscurely ask for help I sure as hell don't need it now.

Lumpy is NOT getting a refund. He drove on that rear for 14 months, a refund aint gonna happen. He was told when he called that it was way out of warranty. He was told in that thread it was out of warranty.. end of story.
We haven't built a rear in our shop or anyone else's for over a year. If you think anyone is going to warranty a diff build for over a year then your nuts.. If you want to warranty yours that long or longer then have at it.

If you can build a good quality rear then good for you, I've never said you couldn't. Your the one that bad mouths everybody's stuff, not me.
When you got called out for copying Ticks products and I wouldn't stick up for you is the point I got added to your **** list..
I've never seen anyone bash your diff builds but you will trash everyone and anyone that doesn't drink your coo-laid. I don't know about others but I'm sick of it. How you haven't been banned on this forum is beyond me.

If you have all these "people" with bad parts that we made then tell them to contact us. We Lifetime warranty the parts we machine so no reason someone wouldn't contact us if there is a problem.

Your problem is you just don't know when to STFU..

I love a challenge..
You want to put one of your OEM GTO diff's up against one of my 9" IRS rears? Sure, lets do it. We can use any car as long as it can put down 1000+ rwhp and can 60ft in the low 1.30's. Has to be a nitrous or Blower car, turbos are too soft off the line.
A manual car would be good, I bet Steve at SNL would supply a clutch for a manual car test.
We can do a few dyno pulls to show what kind of power the car is making and then we can hit the track. Make some hits with your rear and a few hits with my 9". Maybe do it in 2 weekends. One weekend your rear and one with mine.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:52 PM
Teching In

What parts exactly do you make? Hollow GTO stubs? anything else? I'd like to know. Oh, maybe a clutch line kit?

I asked you to make parts for me??? I searched through 5 years of emails, PM's and thread replies and see nowhere that I asked you to make parts for me. Why would I do that? Do you even own a cnc machine?
I've got a building full of cnc machines running 7 days a week 24/7. Today I offer products for 8 different IRS platforms, our products are sold world wide. We sell to damn near every major shop in the world.
Our products are in Summit Racing.
We private lable axles for Ford Racing that go on the new IRS Mustang, our axles are on every Roush Stg 3 Mustang that rolls off the line.
Why would I need your help?
Just how long ago was this that I asked you for help? And if I did somehow obscurely ask for help I sure as hell don't need it now.

Lumpy is NOT getting a refund. He drove on that rear for 14 months, a refund aint gonna happen. He was told when he called that it was way out of warranty. He was told in that thread it was out of warranty.. end of story.
We haven't built a rear in our shop or anyone else's for over a year. If you think anyone is going to warranty a diff build for over a year then your nuts.. If you want to warranty yours that long or longer then have at it.

If you can build a good quality rear then good for you, I've never said you couldn't. Your the one that bad mouths everybody's stuff, not me.
When you got called out for copying Ticks products and I wouldn't stick up for you is the point I got added to your **** list..
I've never seen anyone bash your diff builds but you will trash everyone and anyone that doesn't drink your coo-laid. I don't know about others but I'm sick of it. How you haven't been banned on this forum is beyond me.

If you have all these "people" with bad parts that we made then tell them to contact us. We Lifetime warranty the parts we machine so no reason someone wouldn't contact us if there is a problem.

Your problem is you just don't know when to STFU..

I love a challenge..
You want to put one of your OEM GTO diff's up against one of my 9" IRS rears? Sure, lets do it. We can use any car as long as it can put down 1000+ rwhp and can 60ft in the low 1.30's. Has to be a nitrous or Blower car, turbos are too soft off the line.
A manual car would be good, I bet Steve at SNL would supply a clutch for a manual car test.
We can do a few dyno pulls to show what kind of power the car is making and then we can hit the track. Make some hits with your rear and a few hits with my 9". Maybe do it in 2 weekends. One weekend your rear and one with mine.

Chris the reason I'm looking for a refund is that this is the FOURTH time. Its been 14 months as YOU keep wanting me to put 3-5 thousand miles on them first. The rear has NEVER been right. You can blame your vendors all you want, I don't care. From my perspective its never worked it has HOWLED from day one! I went on the board to call you out only after you would not return my calls. Let my ask you, would you let some one take over $1,700.00 and NOT say something or try to get it back when it didn't work? That's where I'm at. I'd just like my money back as I've had to go else where to get it fixed.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by lumpy46
Chris the reason I'm looking for a refund is that this is the FOURTH time. Its been 14 months as YOU keep wanting me to put 3-5 thousand miles on them first. The rear has NEVER been right. You can blame your vendors all you want, I don't care. From my perspective its never worked it has HOWLED from day one! I went on the board to call you out only after you would not return my calls. Let my ask you, would you let some one take over $1,700.00 and NOT say something or try to get it back when it didn't work? That's where I'm at. I'd just like my money back as I've had to go else where to get it fixed.
Last email I got from you was 11/08/2013, I don't remember you ever calling to say you had a problem with the rear last time it was built until you called last month or whenever it was. My sales manager told you exactly what he should of that it was out of warranty and that there was nothing we could do.
At some point you have to draw a line on this stuff..
Old 07-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Well I did call and you wanted to make sure I was using the correct lube (only one type that both Motive and Eaton agree on) and to put more miles on it as it would get quieter. I travel a lot with my job (in Vancouver BC answering this) and don't get to put time and miles as I would like. It still has the problem of never being right from the beginning. And it sure isn't right now. So I'm supposed to just eat $1700.00 dollars?

Quick Reply: 3.91 gears , WHAT BRAND ARE THESE?