Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Vacuum Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vacuum Pump Question

I ended up buying a vacuum pump setup that was on a race car with relocated water pump and pretty much turned it into a GZ Motorsports LSX kit. Well in that kit it called for -10an lines and this one i have is all setup for -12an lines and I'm curious if it is going to be an issue? I have their nicer vacuum valve on the head unit and can adjust it if need be but there isn't any real info out there so figured i'd ask if the lines would affect pressure.

Also where can you find those rubber nipples to go over the valve cover breather line and valley cover line that is suppose to go up to the intake in a "U" shape? I lost one and sold the vacuum kit so need to cap off those 2 spots where a line use to be.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:03 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canada
I ended up buying a vacuum pump setup that was on a race car with relocated water pump and pretty much turned it into a GZ Motorsports LSX kit. Well in that kit it called for -10an lines and this one i have is all setup for -12an lines and I'm curious if it is going to be an issue? I have their nicer vacuum valve on the head unit and can adjust it if need be but there isn't any real info out there so figured i'd ask if the lines would affect pressure.

Also where can you find those rubber nipples to go over the valve cover breather line and valley cover line that is suppose to go up to the intake in a "U" shape? I lost one and sold the vacuum kit so need to cap off those 2 spots where a line use to be.
Greg, Since you got it from me I'll jump in, The -12 line shouldnt matter as long as you can tell how much vacuum your pulling at say 6500 or what ever your revving to. You will need a gauge to check it and then adjust it to what ever your needs are.
On the rubber nipples, I've gotten them at Orielys.

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-21-2015, 06:00 AM
11 Second Club

Ya I found them at oriellys, just need to make sure the lines are setup correct to the pump and it is done. Going to order a vacuum/boost gauge in the dash so I can see how much it's pulling. Figured put it where the hvac ***** are since I'm losing ac. How much were you pulling when you had it on last? Guessing I just adjust the valve on the pump, is right higher or lower vacuum? Not sure how to even adjust it since it's so tight.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:20 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Canada
Ya I found them at oriellys, just need to make sure the lines are setup correct to the pump and it is done. Going to order a vacuum/boost gauge in the dash so I can see how much it's pulling. Figured put it where the hvac ***** are since I'm losing ac. How much were you pulling when you had it on last? Guessing I just adjust the valve on the pump, is right higher or lower vacuum? Not sure how to even adjust it since it's so tight.
I believe I was running around 13-14 inchs at 6800 rpms.
Can't remember. left or right, just watch the gauge and it'll be easy to figure out.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Guess I need to buy a vacuum gauge lol. So you were right in the middle of the operating range they want. Buying your parts and then what i needed for it to work almost put me at cost of buying new but when i change my setup i'll use the mandrel setup eventually i hope. Deleting the A/C and Heat so the HVAC guages are going bye bye and in goes 3 gauges.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Pump Question