Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Catback require tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catback require tune?

Just got the car couple months ago, love everything about it besides it sounding like an old lady's le sabre. I have a 3 year warrenty that pretty much covers everything, problem is, any major work done on the car will void it. So no LTs, offroad xpipe or any of that (for now).

If i throw on a nice new catback system, will it change anything about the car besides it sounding a little better?

I had loudmouths on my mustang before this, loved the sound, anyone have recommendations?
Old 07-12-2016, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The old ladies in Kansas must be bad ***. No you should be OK although that's a lot of money to throw at making a different sound.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

my magnaflow was well worth it to me.

but no you dont need a tune.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacob4589
Just got the car couple months ago, love everything about it besides it sounding like an old lady's le sabre. I have a 3 year warrenty that pretty much covers everything, problem is, any major work done on the car will void it. So no LTs, offroad xpipe or any of that (for now).

If i throw on a nice new catback system, will it change anything about the car besides it sounding a little better?

I had loudmouths on my mustang before this, loved the sound, anyone have recommendations?
Based on your stated goal, I can only recommend suicide. Making a halfway decent car sound like a Mustang with Blowmasters is the sort of thing good citizens have nightmares about.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
Based on your stated goal, I can only recommend suicide. Making a halfway decent car sound like a Mustang with Blowmasters is the sort of thing good citizens have nightmares about.
Why bother responding with something so retarded?

Op im going through the same problem now. I love my lm1 on my cammed z28 but im not sure if i want my goat to as loud. I personally love the sound of the magnaflow magnapacks. But since you arent gonna run headers and keep the cats you could just replace the factory mufflers with bullets and it wont be obnoxious at all.

Quick Reply: Catback require tune?