Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New Radiator

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 05:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Default New Radiator

I needed a larger radiator and I talked with some guys at the drags that have newish Camaros and run turbos. They are running De Witts radiators, so I called to see if they made a GTO radiator. John Dingman said that they made a couple a few years ago but had lost the complete set of specs to build one.
I sent them my stock radiator to go by. They sent me a two row (two 1" tubes). It has an extended drain with petcock so you can actually catch the anti freeze instead of it running across the support bar and wiring harness and making a huge mess. It has top and bottom aluminum plates to protect the core from damage. They use formed end tanks, and nice brackets to support the fan shroud and condenser. They build these in house including the cores.
You have to trim the fan shroud for the drain and cut off the clip on the bottom of the radiator cover. Easy stuff for this quality of radiator.
MEZIERE water pump owners:
You have to trim the fan shroud some more where the pump pulley is. I'm pretty sure the stock water pump doesn't require any shroud trimming.
MAGNUSON Supercharger owners:
You will have to trim the inside lip on the top crash bar to clear the heat exchanger if using the stock Maggie HE.

This is a really nice radiator for a good price.
Attached Thumbnails New Radiator-dsc01140.jpg   New Radiator-dsc01141.jpg   New Radiator-dsc01142.jpg   New Radiator-dsc01143.jpg   New Radiator-dsc01145.jpg  

New Radiator-dsc01146.jpg   New Radiator-dsc01172.jpg  
Old 01-25-2017, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dewitt's Rad

I ann the n the process of having one built. Couple questions, did your u have them incorporate an engine oil cooler? Any issues with the increased thickness? Did all factory clips work on install? Anything else you can tell me would be appreciated and thanks
Old 01-29-2017, 08:17 PM
10 Second Club

No engine oil cooler. The increased thickness made the Meizere pulley too close without trimming the fan shroud. Not really much. If you have a stock water pump, shouldn't be a problem. I like mine, never gets hot anymore.
I did not get an engine oil cooler. I do run a separate trans cooler in front of it along with an intercooler for the Maggie. Factory clips for the fans and condenser are good. If this is for a GTO, they even extend the drain past the wire loom unlike some of the POS Chinese things people are selling.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

What was the price of that radiator because it looks really nice?
Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club

$500 when I bought it.

Quick Reply: New Radiator