Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

What does this wire do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does this wire do?

Hi,

I have an 06 GTO LS2 with the E40 PCM. I'm trying to figure out the function of a wire in C101. C101 is the connector at the front of the engine that powers the coils/injectors, reverse lockout and skip-shift solenoid. I know what pins 1-5 do, but pin 6 isn't clear. The schematics say it's PK/BU, but it's actually dark green. They put it on circuit 339, Ignition Voltage, the same as pin 5, so it needs power. When I give it power, the throttle body clicks very loudly; throttle opening I guess. With no power it still clicks, but softly. The loud click makes me worried that it's getting too much power. The engine seems to run the same either way, at least up on blocks. It does not power the reverse lockout and skip-shift. Those are pin 5. Pins 2 & 3 are the coils/injectors. So I can't tell what pin 6 does. I can't find it on any schematic that I have. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon
Attached Thumbnails What does this wire do?-c101.gif   What does this wire do?-c101-1.gif  
Old 04-26-2017, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Go to LS2 dot com and get the full schematic
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dw456post
Go to LS2 dot com and get the full schematic
I can't find any schematics that I don't already have. Everything I find indicates that pin 6 on C101 is PK/BU circuit 339. It may be circuit 339, but the color is dark green. I'm not really concerned with that thought. The main issue is that I don't know what it does, other than cause the throttle to click very loudly when ignition is on. I just want to make sure that the throttle is suppose to click that loudly. Without power to it, it still clicks, but much softer. The engine seems to run the same either way.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:37 PM
Teching In

I found a couple of threads that say it's for the AC compressor clutch. I know that the throttle is being affected by it. Maybe it engages the ac compressor and opens the throttle a little at the same time to compensate? I don't have AC at this time. I still need to build that.

Quick Reply: What does this wire do?