Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Am I Lazy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Default Am I Lazy?

Have Hptuners, on the car with Kooks longtubes borla and an OTR intake. Pretty much the extent of what I want done to the car performace wise anything else is just gonna be performance and appearance related. Am I wrong for just wanting to find a similiar moded Bin file on HPtuners and just go with it? Its been untuned since the previous owner installed the exhaust and ive logged into it and disabled the rear o2 and cags, with the intent of going in for a full tune, just never have the time to go cruise around and datamine it.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Since your sig lists another modded car in need of tuning, I'm calling it lazy.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

hahaha yeah I got the program to finish up since I couldnt find a good tuner local, its got a decent base but I think it needs some seat time and data logging to really get it proper, and a few dyno pulls. The goat just needs a tweek, I just plain dont have the time for either these days. the bird even has a wideband. Granted I could probably log on the way to work but I have a pretty short commute....all of 4 minutes these days so not sure how much I stand to gain from that. Id really love to have an afternoon to drive it around log and play with it. Schedule just doenst allow for that at the moment.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

yeah, it's wrong. you might want to cop out on the spark advance table and just load up blocks of 23-25, but in terms of MAF and VE? do it right. what works well on one car might not work well on yours, or you're just flashing a file made by someone else that might not have much tuning competence.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

if you're running a MAF, at least get that table dialed in enough so your WOT AFR and cruise/light throttle trims are ok. You can get away with running stock-ish VE table for a while.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah I installed the intake (still running a MAF) about a month ago. I can tell a big difference in how the car behaves driveability wise. Definitely feel its on the fat side and ever since i bought it there has been a weird instance where light throttle going into neutral from 2nd gives this weird throttle burp like the pedal got tapped. Ive always assumed this was because of the exhuast system installed by the previous owner. I didnt want to mess with the tune until I got an intake on it.

Thanks for talking some sense into me, I wasnt even thinking about the MAF cal being relative to the area in which is done.

Quick Reply: Am I Lazy?