Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Procharger... Magnacharger...

Old 01-12-2018, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger... Magnacharger...

I have been doing a lot of research and would just like some input and opinions. I have read that prochargers are meant more for the track as the powerband stays steady throughout, into high speeds. Also better if you intend on having a very high HP car, Compared to the Magnacharger where you will get a lot of low end torque. More for "light to light fun" Once again, this is what I have read, so this could be wrong information. Also don't quite get the twin screw, roots, centrifugal and what would be best. Any input would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2018, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

I guess the 64 dollar question is: What do you plan on using you car for?
I have a Magnuson TVS 2300 and it is good for the street and the dragstrip. It depends on how far you want to push it. It's pretty easy to run low 10's with a forged engine. I had it on the roadcourse once, and the suspension and brakes were the limiting factors. Twin screw is the rotor design--looks like two screws with the threads turning together. Roots has 3 lobes that rotate, both the screw and the roots pull air in and compress it into the engine, and the centrifugal is like a fan pushing air into the engine.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dw456post
I guess the 64 dollar question is: What do you plan on using you car for?
I have a Magnuson TVS 2300 and it is good for the street and the dragstrip. It depends on how far you want to push it. It's pretty easy to run low 10's with a forged engine. I had it on the roadcourse once, and the suspension and brakes were the limiting factors. Twin screw is the rotor design--looks like two screws with the threads turning together. Roots has 3 lobes that rotate, both the screw and the roots pull air in and compress it into the engine, and the centrifugal is like a fan pushing air into the engine.
OP couldn't hit this nail on the head any better. Most people are going to like the Magnusson better. It makes the car feel like it has a much bigger engine along the cam profile. The power delivery is almost instantaneous. If you had a stalled auto turbo or prochargr would be the way to go.

Last edited by norcalgoat; 05-31-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharger... Magnacharger...