Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

408 LQ9 blower question...

Old 08-22-2018, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408 LQ9 blower question...

Looking to put a Maggie on my 04 gto (TVS 2300) and was wondering if anyone on here has the same setup? Not sure which kit I need to get. Emailed Magnusson directly and they said to make sure the kit fits the LQ9 style heads (currently have prc 243s) and has the same accessory drive setup.

Is the LQ9 really much different than the LS1 other than it being an iron block? Would an 04 kit work in my situation?

Last edited by Ohmsten; 08-22-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If your using cathedral port heads and using a Rectangle Port Intake Manifold or if the supercharger only bolts to Rectangle Port heads can use this adapter from ICT Billet http://www.ictbillet.com/ls1-cathedral-head-adapter-rectangle-port-intake-manifold-lsa-supercharger-zl1-cts-v.html to make it all work. Cleetus with Leroy the savage vette used these when he was first starting out in the car and had an LSA blower attached to cathedral heads.

Also I believe that the Lq9 is just an Iron version of the LS2, I run an LQ9 block in my 01 Camaro.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by neblackshirts
If your using cathedral port heads and using a Rectangle Port Intake Manifold or if the supercharger only bolts to Rectangle Port heads can use this adapter from ICT Billet http://www.ictbillet.com/ls1-cathedral-head-adapter-rectangle-port-intake-manifold-lsa-supercharger-zl1-cts-v.html to make it all work. Cleetus with Leroy the savage vette used these when he was first starting out in the car and had an LSA blower attached to cathedral heads.

Also I believe that the Lq9 is just an Iron version of the LS2, I run an LQ9 block in my 01 Camaro.
His problem is that truck heads have different bolt holes drilled for accessories than car heads. The LQ9 and LS1 are both cathedral port heads, so that is a non issue. If the current heads on the car are using the factory accessory configuration, then the 2004 GTO blower kit would work fine.

Search this Thread