New to me 2006 cyclone grey GTO - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

New to me 2006 cyclone grey GTO

Old 10-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Default New to me 2006 cyclone grey GTO

Ok. So after 12 years of dreaming I finally with the help of my wife pushing me bought my dream car. A 2006 GTO 6 speed. It is everything I have dreamed of. I first drove one in 2006 as a detailer kid at 19 years old in aw. I told myself someday I'm going to own one. I've owned a 2001 trans am ws6 automatic bolt on only, was a great car never had a issue. I traded it in on it.
I love everything about the car design, drivetrain, interior and the whole uniqueness of the entire car. Also just for laughs also. Whenever the sales department was throwing away the 2006 model year display that was metal binded to a display podium. I asked if I could have it, they said yea we are throwing it away.
I've held on to that laminated GTO display portfolio the entire time as a reminder of how bad I wanted to have that car to keep hope lol. Ironically it was also the year my eventual wife and I met. Fast forward to now my dream has finally come true! And on top of it all it's a one owner with 76000 miles and the pdi paper in the glove box read the day before my wife and I started to officially date, weird. She picked the car when I was at work and applied for me to push me to buy it. Pretty awesome wife I must say. I know to some this maybe a cheesy story, but it's one I thought I would like to share to such a tight group of a unique vehicle owners such as the GTO.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Old 10-14-2018, 01:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

that's actually pretty cool. i would keep holding on to that.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:28 PM
Launching!

That's awesome! Congrats!!! Welcome to the club. I'd definitely keep her and the car ha ha.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:17 AM
TECH Junkie

thats awesome! I love mine and i remember going to the dealer when they first came out, I never drove one but always had a crush on the body style. Like how subtle they are visually yet still a powerful car. It somehow doesnt feel as dated as some of the other GM interiors especially once you ditch the factory radio.

Congrats! show us some pics!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welcome and enjoy. That's a nice collection you have and a good wife. I still love my GTO.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a somewhat similar story. The 2004 gto came out. I had to see it. Went to the dealer. Actually was considering buying it. It was the only one they have gotten in so far. Pulse red. I asked how much they would come off the sticker, they said it’s priced more than sticker price. I told them they were nuts. I left. Fast forward to about a year ago. I’m looking for a 4th camaro to build into a fast turbocharged daily. I wasn’t having much luck, but my son turned me into a gto. Pulse red. I don’t really like red to be honest. But it was a good looking car. I bought it instead of the f body and I’m glad I did. Much better car. I ended up turboing it anyways lol.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: