Notices
Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Traded my beloved 06 M6 GTO

 
Old 10-22-2018, 09:47 PM
  #1  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default Traded my beloved 06 M6 GTO

On Monday I cut a deal on a Passion red M6 Nissan 370Z. I got a "decent trade deal" on the GTO knowing I could have got a lot more if I sold it privately. My GTO had 106,000 miles on it but was in tip top condition and I enjoyed the car for the 2 years I owned it. Getting harder to find parts and I had already put a bunch of money into the car trying to make it as perfect as possible. I always liked the Datsun / Nissan Z cars and the 2019 370Z base is the right price for a lot of car. So far I love it but again the GTO is a unique car. Wish all you GTO guys and girls all the best and hope you can keep the GTO's going strong for years to come. Thanks for all your help and advise.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-23-2018, 09:51 PM
  #2  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel GTO View Post
On Monday I cut a deal on a Passion red M6 Nissan 370Z. I got a "decent trade deal" on the GTO knowing I could have got a lot more if I sold it privately. My GTO had 106,000 miles on it but was in tip top condition and I enjoyed the car for the 2 years I owned it. Getting harder to find parts and I had already put a bunch of money into the car trying to make it as perfect as possible. I always liked the Datsun / Nissan Z cars and the 2019 370Z base is the right price for a lot of car. So far I love it but again the GTO is a unique car. Wish all you GTO guys and girls all the best and hope you can keep the GTO's going strong for years to come. Thanks for all your help and advise.
congratulations any pics ? Idk if I could bring my self to sell a gto for a 370 even though they are nice cars .
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 09:13 AM
  #3  
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (10)
 
blackbyrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: cookeville, TN
Posts: 3,426
Default

Congrats!

as much as I love mine, ive been debating going to something newer.......c7 has my attention currently.
blackbyrd is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:55 AM
  #4  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

Thanks for responding guys. I have been a domestic muscle car and sports guy for EVER !!! Here are some of my past cars, 1967 GTO "1st car", 70 Hemi Cuda, 81 Vette, 92 Vette, 2002 Z06 heavily modded. Back in the 70's my 67 GTO was heavily modded and the car was one of the baddest around. Now in 2018 its really hard to be the baddest car around as you have ZL1 Camaros, Z06 & ZR 1 Vettes, Dodge challengers with 707 HP stock, Boss Mustangs etc. I decided to not try to compete to be the baddest and to find the car that is most satisfying in my price range. The 370Z is a lot of car for the money and can match a stock 2006 GTO in quarter mile time at about 13.6... The zero to 60 is a few tenths slower but that is okay. I will post some pics soon. Im still going to hang out on this forum as I am still interested in late model GTO's Keep the late model GTOs going. They are great cars and people are really starting to recognize that 12 years after they were introduced.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 12:42 PM
  #5  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 655
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel GTO View Post
Thanks for responding guys. I have been a domestic muscle car and sports guy for EVER !!! Here are some of my past cars, 1967 GTO "1st car", 70 Hemi Cuda, 81 Vette, 92 Vette, 2002 Z06 heavily modded. Back in the 70's my 67 GTO was heavily modded and the car was one of the baddest around. Now in 2018 its really hard to be the baddest car around as you have ZL1 Camaros, Z06 & ZR 1 Vettes, Dodge challengers with 707 HP stock, Boss Mustangs etc. I decided to not try to compete to be the baddest and to find the car that is most satisfying in my price range. The 370Z is a lot of car for the money and can match a stock 2006 GTO in quarter mile time at about 13.6... The zero to 60 is a few tenths slower but that is okay. I will post some pics soon. Im still going to hang out on this forum as I am still interested in late model GTO's Keep the late model GTOs going. They are great cars and people are really starting to recognize that 12 years after they were introduced.
I mean a stock ls2 GTO shouldn't be running a 13.6 in 1/4. the have low 13s and high 12s in them out of the box with a 6speed. Good luck with the z though they definitely are nice cars.
Chris25 is offline  
Old 10-24-2018, 07:00 PM
  #6  
Launching!
 
01WS6BLACKLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pa
Posts: 224
Default

Congrats on the new ride. I just purchased a 2006 cyclone grey gto and absolutely love it. Upgraded from an 01 ws6. The new cars are amazing but there is something about the gto that stole my heart. Parts do concern me. But that's the price you pay for something unique I suppose.

Last edited by 01WS6BLACKLS1; 10-25-2018 at 03:57 PM.
01WS6BLACKLS1 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:47 AM
  #7  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

You planing on modding it at all ? I know they love turbos for sure seem to run good with just low boost .
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:53 AM
  #8  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

Here is photo of the 2019 Nissan 370Z

To all my GTO friends, here is a photo of the Z. A few of you asked if I will mod it soon. For now I am just going to enjoy it. Maybe a turbo in the future.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:55 AM
  #9  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

Yes in the future performance exhaust, high flow cats, a tune and maybe a turbo in the future.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:56 AM
  #10  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

I agree, the GTO is a great car. Like any car they have some inherent issues. They do get attention at car shows.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:06 AM
  #11  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

Originally Posted by Chris25 View Post
I mean a stock ls2 GTO shouldn't be running a 13.6 in 1/4. the have low 13s and high 12s in them out of the box with a 6speed. Good luck with the z though they definitely are nice cars.
Did not mean to insult. The 13.6 quarter mile times I quoted are from many sources. Motor trend, Motor week, Car & driver, and other specialty programs all did test runs on the 2004 - 2006 Gto's when they came out. Most all said 0 to 60 in 4.5 to 5.0 seconds. Quarter mile 13.4 to 13.6. That is no slouch for a 3.750 lb car. Also many posts on this forum verify those numbers. Just pointing out the Z is close to those numbers weighing in at well under 3,300 lbs helps a lot. Was trying to compare "bone stock to bone stock" You mention low 13's high 12's with a Du speed. That is not stock as it can add around 20 + H.P.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:17 AM
  #12  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Kfxguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,451
Default

You traded your gto for a 370z? Your man card has been revoked. Ok, bye.
Kfxguy is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 07:35 AM
  #13  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

To Kfxguy - I don't get you !!! Why such a nasty comment.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 08:34 AM
  #14  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Kfxguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,451
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel GTO View Post
To Kfxguy - I don't get you !!! Why such a nasty comment.
was a joke man calm down. Lol. This is the internetz. You gotta have thick skin. I had a 2011 ss camaro a while back and traded it in for v6 accord coupe because of practicality. So I gave up my man card too. Lol
Kfxguy is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 12:43 PM
  #15  
On The Tree
 
slogoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 157
Default

The comments are funny. I don't care what the magazines and testers say, the 05/06 will pull on a 370z in a straight line. 370z will walk away from a GTO on a road course and the twisties. Like the OP said they are a good bang for the buck car. I had a G37 for a while and loved the handling and the VQ engine is no slouch. They sound great with a mellow exhaust. Not a fan of the straight piped ones that seem to be in abundance near me. Nice color combo too, red on black looks good.
slogoat is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 01:54 PM
  #16  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 655
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel GTO View Post
Did not mean to insult. The 13.6 quarter mile times I quoted are from many sources. Motor trend, Motor week, Car & driver, and other specialty programs all did test runs on the 2004 - 2006 Gto's when they came out. Most all said 0 to 60 in 4.5 to 5.0 seconds. Quarter mile 13.4 to 13.6. That is no slouch for a 3.750 lb car. Also many posts on this forum verify those numbers. Just pointing out the Z is close to those numbers weighing in at well under 3,300 lbs helps a lot. Was trying to compare "bone stock to bone stock" You mention low 13's high 12's with a Du speed. That is not stock as it can add around 20 + H.P.
No worries I didn't take it as an insult just stating that's not factual. An 04 will run high 13s for sure but the 05-06 have low 13s high 12s in them with a competent driver.
Chris25 is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 08:03 PM
  #17  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

Okay all is forgiven... You still have the GTO correct ?
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 08:07 PM
  #18  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

Slogoat, just so you know I was not trying to say the 370 Z is fasted then any late model GTO. Just saying it is close. Two totally different kinds of cars. By the way the dealer that took my GTO on trade sold it in 3 days for $12,500 with 106,000 miles on it. I have to admit I did everything to that car to make it right and it was in near mint condition. Was just time to move on..
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 08:13 PM
  #19  
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 20
Default

C7 , beautiful car. Base car at Kirbeck Corvette in Atlantic City just under $50 K, Grand sports just under $60 K, Z06, well there crazy prices. Kirbeck offers anywhere from 7 to 10% off no nonsense deals in case your looking around. Bought my 2002 Z06 there in Sept 2001 at 5% off sticker.
Rebel GTO is offline  
Old 10-26-2018, 12:04 PM
  #20  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
Chris25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 655
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel GTO View Post
Okay all is forgiven... You still have the GTO correct ?
Not sure if you where asking me or not. But I do still have the GTO
Chris25 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: