Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

BMR SubConnector users

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR SubConnector users

For those that have installed and welded their BMR SFC's, how was the process? Was there any issues you ran into? Anything I should look forward to, or expect?

Did a few searches, and I only found one person that had issues mounting the bar. Other than that, I'm still wanting to know if there is other info out there on personal experiences.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-05-2018, 02:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by 666bob
For those that have installed and welded their BMR SFC's, how was the process? Was there any issues you ran into? Anything I should look forward to, or expect?

Did a few searches, and I only found one person that had issues mounting the bar. Other than that, I'm still wanting to know if there is other info out there on personal experiences.

Thanks in advance!
The only issue I recall from mounting those on my car over a decade ago was the shitty welds. I did it in my neighbor's garage, and his mig welder had a contaminated tank of shielding gas. We kept adjusting settings, but nothing eliminated the sputters and pops that we finally realized were from bad gas. I ground some of it smooth, but the welds still look like they were done in the midst of an epileptic seizure.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Teching In

LOL! Hey, as long as that was the only problem you endured during the entire process of them, I'll take that as a wildly successful install, minus the **** welds. But, luckily it's underneath, so I wont feel TOO bad to show anyone the car. HAHA! Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

If i recall there was an issue using them with the solid sub-frame bushings from GFORCE, but I believe someone found a work around for that.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed shortly after purchased the car in 2004. No issues then. Bolted on rear, welded the front. Well a shop did. Someone who was experienced with welding. Still wheel hopped although car is still quite tight in DD use at 54,XXX miles. I did install some polyurethane sub-frame bushings at the same time.

Last edited by Felix C; 12-06-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris25
If i recall there was an issue using them with the solid sub-frame bushings from GFORCE, but I believe someone found a work around for that.
Thanks, Chris. I'm just running poly. Solids seem excessive since I'm not drag racing. And the Bay area has a lot of bumps in the road.

Originally Posted by Felix C
Installed shortly after purchased the car in 2004. No issues then. Bolted on rear, welded the front. Well a shop did. Someone who was experienced with welding. Still well hopped although car is still quite tight in DD use at 54,XXX miles. I did install some polyurethane sub-frame bushings at the same time.
I'm the 4th owner of the car, and it's been interesting. So, i'm hoping it goes smooth. Out here in California, low miles would have cost me as much as a shitty, brand new car. 100k miles, i'm cleaning her up good. I hear a lot of good things about before and afters with the SFC, so wish me luck it goes smooth. Haha!
Old 12-06-2018, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The main benefit I think has been to avoid speed bump induced rattles and squeaks. I am glad I did it.

Good luck. GTO a nice car to DD. Be ready for little things to crop up. Bound to happen with any car after so many years.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Felix C
The main benefit I think has been to avoid speed bump induced rattles and squeaks. I am glad I did it.

Good luck. GTO a nice car to DD. Be ready for little things to crop up. Bound to happen with any car after so many years.

Thanks, Man. I'm doing a overhaul on everything. It's been fun, but needs a bit more work.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by 666bob
Thanks, Man. I'm doing a overhaul on everything. It's been fun, but needs a bit more work.
Remember to upgrade the front radius rod bushings. They are the one item that was borderline unsafe in brand new factory trim. I shudder to think what they would be like with a bit of mileage on them.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by gametech
Remember to upgrade the front radius rod bushings. They are the one item that was borderline unsafe in brand new factory trim. I shudder to think what they would be like with a bit of mileage on them.
+1 on that.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gametech
I've done a full on poly upgrade on everything.
I'm the odd man out with owning a GTO, and I'm not drag racing it. So, I'm about to be getting rid of my radius set up, because I'm going with a custom built front control arm set for drifting. The guy that makes them is pretty well known in Australia, and there is another dude in the Bay Area that has them on his drift goat (he's pretty out there with followers and sponsors).