water temp sensor adapter - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

water temp sensor adapter

Old 01-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Angry water temp sensor adapter

Hi all, this should be an easy problem to solve, but I be darned if I can find out how to do it. I'm swapping an LS1 out of an 04 GTO into my 69 chevelle, maintaining my original 69 panel gauges w/o idiot lights. I know that I can use the plug at the rear of the passenger's side head to add another water temp sensor to use with my 69 gauges. But to use a 69 water temp sensor, that requires a M12 x 1.5 to 1/2" NPT adapter, which I can't find, probably because the wall would be too thin. Does anyone out there have a solution for this?
Old 01-09-2019, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

The "Autometer" gauge web site can assist you but it might take several adapters to make it all work.

Rick
Old 01-10-2019, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Old 01-24-2019, 02:34 PM
Teching In

You should be able to find a gauge sender that has the right ohm range and either the correct thread, or a smaller thread that can be adapted directly. Go to a Napa store and look at the catalog for sending units. Usually, they have a print version with a table in the back that has all of the available senders, thread sizes, and ohm ranges. There aren't that many ohm ranges in common use.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: