Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

so close to being sold

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so close to being sold

Man, I am so close to going for an 05 GTO.

I love all the changes but I really want to see some interior pics (only have seen exterior so far).

All I would need to be a super happy is move the gas tank, add onstar, xm radio/navi, climate control, seat memory and side airbags. (ohh and those rear view mirrors that dim if some jackass in an SUV is behind you)

Is that too much to ask?

The cts-v has all this junk but its not worth 15k to 20k more

But I could live with just the move of the gas tank (I like trunk space), onstar, and side airbags. If it just had those three things, I would already have placed my deposit. ANy chance of getting these (even as options) in 05?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:04 PM

Interior is just like the '04.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

Nope. its not gonna happen. You could buy the nav system for the monaro and put it in. T car is wired for it from the factory and it even interfaces with the dash display. Go to ls1gto and look around. I know a few people were doing this.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Not gonna happen until redesign in 07 probably. Navi and XM are nice but i think its gonna take alot of complaining to get it done. Remember, anything we get the Aussies have to get as well.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:03 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you that worried about locking your keys out of your car that you need Onstar? If you're worried it might get stolen, then that's why we pay so much for insurance!

XM? It has a cd player.

Navigation? Wal-Mart - they are like 4.95 for a good nationwide atlas.

Trunk space? It's a sports coupe. You want space - get a wagon.

Climate control? I think it has ***** to turn the A/C on.

Seat memory? Don't let anyone else drive it.

Side air bags? ok, maybe you are really concerned about safety - but how long have you been driving a car without them?

Auto dimming mirror? Don't be so lazy - just reach up there and flip that little tab.

All the things you listed seem to be out of laziness. It's a Pontiac - a GM brand for $30K. If you want all those "nice" things in a "sport coupe", look to MB or BMW - and look deeper in your wallet.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why? My $32,000 Silverado 2500HD had all those extra "lazy" features. My $35,000 Aurora had them too. They are pretty close in price to what the GTO is.

I would love them too, however, it wasn't a make it or break it issues.

As to the fuel tank being moved out of the trunk. That isn't going to happen until the '07 redesign.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Are you that worried about locking your keys out of your car that you need Onstar? If you're worried it might get stolen, then that's why we pay so much for insurance!

XM? It has a cd player.

Side air bags? ok, maybe you are really concerned about safety - but how long have you been driving a car without them?

Auto dimming mirror? Don't be so lazy - just reach up there and flip that little tab.

All the things you listed seem to be out of laziness. It's a Pontiac - a GM brand for $30K. If you want all those "nice" things in a "sport coupe", look to MB or BMW - and look deeper in your wallet.
wow you said it buddy
Old 08-18-2004, 02:46 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57
Why? My $32,000 Silverado 2500HD had all those extra "lazy" features. My $35,000 Aurora had them too. They are pretty close in price to what the GTO is.
Sorry, I just get a little bent out of shape when people start whining about those little things. I agree, that stuff is nice, but like you said, it's not a make or break thing - especially with a vehicle such as the GTO.

I just think if those are the things someone is so concerned with in their car purchase, then they should look elsewhere (Cadillac, MB, BMW, Audi, etc).

When I see someone really concerned about those features, I can imagine them to be driving an Allante or Chrysler/Maserati TC - don't forget the woodgrain.

boo hoo

OTOH, I drive a "lowly" Chevrolet, I haven't stepped up to the "luxerious" Buicks and Pontiacs
Old 08-18-2004, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that the kicker here is that the fit / quality / comfort of the interior of the GTO combined w/ performance approaches those cars you are saying people should 'look elsewhere' for the gadgets. Due to this, and GM stating some of those are target competition for the GTO, I suppose there is something to be said about having those things available - as options. Personally I love this car to death and really wouldn't change a thing. I can also understand somebody wanting to upgrade from their BMW to a GTO and have their GPS nav system still
Dan

Edit - remove having my name twice - me=teh dunce
Old 08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is always a cost/benefit thing. Like you DMN, I've always had pedestrian Chevy's that didn't have all these nice little features. Then I got my Tahoe that had them, then my Aurora, then my 2500HD. It simply became a matter of being spoiled and used to it by then. Since I sold my 2500HD this summer (and sold my Aurora and Tahoe awhile back), this will be the first winter in a long time that I'm gonna have to suffer it out without a$$warmers.

I guess I look at it this way, I wish Pontiac would've at least made them an option package we could've opted for. Yes, it'd have added more to the bottom line, but that would be the individual purchasers decision
Old 08-19-2004, 07:19 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Points taken

I'm young yet too, so maybe once I grow up a bit more, those creature comforts will be more attractive to me than they are now.

I don't have much more to say
Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I once thought the same way as you, then I *HAD* to take a vehicle with them. Now I'm spoiled.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Junkie

U could always Buy a used Vette for $30k just have to add Nav and there are plenty of aftermarket head units for that plus XM, the 05 GTO is gonna be sweet, the new redesign is great plus 400ponies to boot.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:41 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I once thought the same way as you, then I *HAD* to take a vehicle with them. Now I'm spoiled.
I guess when you get as old as some of you guys being "lazy" and spoiled becomes a prerequisite.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Teching In

XM? It has a cd player.

Nice to see a member here with an IQ higher than a box of rocks.
Listen to DMNSPD. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yup, what he said. I completely agree. If you paid 38K for a GTO, then you deserve to ask for all these features you mentioned. But if you paid 30K or less, not only did you get one hell of a deal, you practically stole an unbelievable car for the price. The rest are just useless icing on the cake.

My advice? Get the best possible deal on a new GTO and bring down the price. Then turn that key on, listen to the exhaust, rev the engine to about 3500-4000 rpms, then drop the clutch. Several things will happen:

1. The rear will sway side to side a little bit.
2. The tires will squeal like a pig and start looking for traction.
3. Traction will be found after a short wheel hop.
4. You will be catapulted forward like a sling shot to 2nd gear.
5. Then you will say to yourself: "Who needs XM???" "What NAV system?" "You mean this thing has all this power and trunk space too? Wow!"
Old 08-20-2004, 08:05 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by desertgoat
Nice to see a member here with an IQ higher than a box of rocks.
Listen to DMNSPD. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Yup, what he said. I completely agree. If you paid 38K for a GTO, then you deserve to ask for all these features you mentioned. But if you paid 30K or less, not only did you get one hell of a deal, you practically stole an unbelievable car for the price. The rest are just useless icing on the cake.

My advice? Get the best possible deal on a new GTO and bring down the price. Then turn that key on, listen to the exhaust, rev the engine to about 3500-4000 rpms, then drop the clutch. Several things will happen:

1. The rear will sway side to side a little bit.
2. The tires will squeal like a pig and start looking for traction.
3. Traction will be found after a short wheel hop.
4. You will be catapulted forward like a sling shot to 2nd gear.
5. Then you will say to yourself: "Who needs XM???" "What NAV system?" "You mean this thing has all this power and trunk space too? Wow!"
So i'm not out of my mind
Old 08-20-2004, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old is only a state of mind!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Old is only a state of mind!
Old is the state of my body. My mind thinks I am still 23.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So i'm not out of my mind
Nope - far from out of your mind. I've said it before and will again - my GTO is absolutely perfect for me. Other than my mod list after the wedding (headers, smooth intake and a center gage pod w/ true water temp and oil pressure) - I wouldn't change a thing, and if something happened to this car I'd try to replace it with an identical one.
Dan

Quick Reply: so close to being sold