Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

2004 GTO Buy Back

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 GTO Buy Back

On October 6th 2004 I posted a message about my leaking head gasket https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...t=leaking+head
which turned into a head replacement, bolt holes pulled on the block and three days later the transmission was going to be replaced and was throwing out oil badly. I finally got my new GTO (GM bought back the first GTO) two weeks ago. It was a living nightmare dealing with Hudiburg in Oklahoma City. They intentionally screwed with me for three months, dragging it out for as long as possible. GM paid my tag, title and tax. I went through hell over that issue too.

Yesterday, I went outside to remove the ugly plastic tag holder from the front bumper, which Hudiburg apparently mounted along with their Hudiburg advertisement tag. I thought it was a clip on but they have drilled three holes in my bumper in order to mount it. What kind of a moron would drill three holes in a customer's brand new vehicle, without asking first, and put their dealer advertisement on it? I cannot believe this. Now when I get the tag holder off, I'll have holes in my brand new bumper.

I called the dealer today to ask them how long it would take for them to get me a new bumper free of charge, and a lady in service said she'd connect me to a manager. Of course, no one answered, it was an I.D. code instead of a person's name and no one ever called back. This is typical. Stay away from crooked dealers.

I love the car though. I'm getting ready to move to a new home with a shop and I'll perform all maintenence on the GTO. There's no way in hell I'll let the dealer touch it again.

I will say that certain car dealers are nothing more than white collar criminals. They know how to deceive and hide costs that you will pay. They give decent dealers a bad name and should be exposed. There's a whole lot more to my story than what is in this post.

If anyone else has had problems with Hudiburg in Oklahoma City, please reply to this post. I'm thinking about buying another domain name and putting up a
web site about Hudiburg's shady practices and getting it ranked on Google. Some dealers need to be held accountable for their evil ways.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry it took so long to take care of the problem. Thankfully there are laws that force them to deal with these issues even though they can still drag their feet on it.

How is the new car other than the bumper? I'd be pretty pissed about that tag too.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Launching!

i know in washington state they cant sell a car without puting on a license plate holder. so maby thats the case there?
Old 02-22-2005, 07:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

That's how it is in Texas too My poor bumper...
Old 02-22-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

same here in Mass.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Teching In

The new car is great. Oklahoma doesn't require a front tag and the dealer is supposed to ask before mounting one.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I threatened the Dealer here in IL, put the front plate on and we no longer have a sale . . . . guess what? No front plate. Now to see how long before the long ar of the law gets me . . .

Glad you got a new car, shame so long, but there are some crappy dealers out there.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

When I was buying mine, Dylan told the guys doing the prep not to put the front plate bracket on. The day I was supposed to pick it up, he called me and said they put it on anyway. When I actually went to pick it up, they'd swapped noses with another black car they had on the lot without a bracket. Perfect!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

they did the bumper thing to me to...and refuse to pay for it saying its a law for them to mount it. I'm like look i work at a dealer and i know it aint a law for the dealer to mount. its only a law to have a front plate on the car. Needless to say i still have the bracket on the car.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the moral support guys. The thought of going back to my dealer for anything is out of the question. I've decided to suck it up and never do business with the scumbags again. Now that I've got them behind me I can start enjoying the forums and driving this bad boy.

By the way, I was side by side with a new Mustang GT at the stoplight a few days ago. He didn't want to race though. Oh well.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGoat
By the way, I was side by side with a new Mustang GT at the stoplight a few days ago. He didn't want to race though. Oh well.

Smart Mustang Driver . . . That just sounds like an oximoron . . .
Old 03-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Geez, it just never ends, does it? I remember posting to your original thread about my friend that bought a truck at Hudiburg GMC in Midwest City. They callled him a week later to ask him to return and swap out his paperwork; they "by mistake" put the wrong VIN number on his original contract. When he did as they asked, they added $1,000 to the price on the new "correct" contract. Fortunately, he noticed before he signed his "corrected" contract. They said, no, that these numbers were correct, he must be mistaken. He then told them he made a copy (!!) of his first contract and that if they didn't fix the new contract, he would be contacting his attorney and the district attorney. They quickly appologized and fixed it. Thieves, crooks and jerks... so glad I didn't buy my goat there.......
Old 03-23-2005, 07:40 PM
Teching In

I'll never go back to Hudiburg. I bought the GM service manuals from Helm. This car seems to be solid so I'll maintain it myself. If I have to get warranty work I'll take it somewhere else. I really like the GTO and I look forward to driving it everyday.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Teching In

I bought mine at Sewell Pontiac in Dallas. The salesman told me they dont put them on unless the customer request for them to do so. OKC is not that far away from Dallas next time your looking.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree Hudiburg is a crooked operation. I purchased a new Avalanche from them, fully loaded, on the way home, we stopped in norman to eat. WHile walking into the restaurant to eat I noticed the roof had severe hail damage on in, the rest on the vehicle was fine, no flaws whatsoever. I went right back to the dealership had a few words, finally reworked the deal to suit me. I'm sure the truck had to have been fixed (hood and fenders) so they knew what happened but forgot to mention that when I bought it. I don't feel so bad, about the whole thing cuz about a year later I traded my 00 tahoe which I needed to get rid of,(had some major problems fixing to occur) for an 96 Impala SS with 23xxx miles on it. I feel I got the better of them on this one. I would not have went back to Hudiburg but I really wanted this car and they do not come along everyday. I can say I won't be back and I will never send anyone there. Sometimes the big dealerships look very nice, but I have a ton more luck and better service before and after the sale at a small dealership in Sulphur Ok, they only have 2 sales lady's, the owner and his wife is the finance dept. I have bought three new ones from them, and probably won't wonder off in the future. SO a good word for Wayne Edison Chevrolet. Two thumbs down to Hudiburg. Thats all!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brains
That's how it is in Texas too My poor bumper...
Ummmmm. They didn't on mine. I told them not too and they didn't. I don't want to step on any toes, but I don't think they have to mount a LSP bracket on your car. There any other way to mount a LSP on the front of the car without a LSP braket and drilling holes.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Tell the dealership you are ordering a tag holder that says "Don't buy Hudiburg..., They Suck" How's that for advertising?
Old 03-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a couple of dealers shut down here in Nashville because they were putting people in cars after a 500.00-1000.00 downpayment , letting them drive them home , waiting a few days , and then calling them saying"We can't get you financed so you'll have to return the car and due to the fact we can't sell the car as new , we're forced to keep your downpayment". WTF?

I just got my girl an '01 T/A, she went in by herself and they tried to gouge her for about 5,000.00 to 6,000.00 over what it was worth. She wouldn't sign anything until I saw it but they talked her into driving it home overnight. I'm thinking it was their way of trying to get her attached to the car. I went in with her the next day and told them what I felt was a fair price on the car(14,000.00) and only budged 900.00 on that price. It took 'em about an hour to see I wasn't gonna let her go home in that car for any more than that.And the only reason I even considered the car was it was VERY clean , totally stock, had all options but the WS6 package and you could look at it on any point of the car and tell that it sat in a garage all of it's life.

The sad part of auto dealers is good , fair , and honest ones aren't the rule but the exception. That's what really sucks, especially when you're spending that much money on a product. If you find a dealer that treats you right , stick with 'em, you might not find another for a while.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GN&GTO
I bought mine at Sewell Pontiac in Dallas. The salesman told me they dont put them on unless the customer request for them to do so. OKC is not that far away from Dallas next time your looking.
I was thinking about getting an 05 GTO. I'll have to bear that in mind.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got my car from Gerry Lane Chevrolet in Baton Rouge, La. I told them if mounted that bracket on my car, it wouldn't be nothing nice. It stayed off. By the way, they jacked up the price on signing. I hate that place. They did noithing but lie to me. They sold a buddy of mine a GPPM(?) warrenty when he bought a new truck from there. Then later canceled it and bought a cheaper brand. WTF is that? And I can go to jail for littering but they get away with crap like that.

Quick Reply: 2004 GTO Buy Back