Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Thoughts on Lumina SS (overseas)

Old 05-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thoughts on Lumina SS (overseas)

I love the GTO and would love to own one sometime in the not too distant future. I am from South Africa and came over here to study abroad in 99 and have been here in OH ever since. I love it out here. Just after I came over here they came out chevy finally entered the South African market. I only really saw Corvette's, TA's and Camaro's in Car Magazines at home and occasionally I would see an imported one in the flesh. I said at that time that if I went to the States I would own an American Muscle car (I dream of it and I have now - built it up from getting it stock in May 03). Well back to my point chevy brought out the Chevy Lumina SS about 4 years or so back. Here is the link for the car (very similar looking to the Holden Monaro)

http://www.chevrolet.co.za/content_d...F/gallery.html

Well my family have been out to the States numerous times and he has driven my car and likes it. I am trying to talk him into buying a Lumina SS back at home, just wondering what you guys thought. He is a little sceptical and he does not know about parts etc... I told him I could get some nice mod parts out here, I am sure they will interchange just fine (it is listed as a gen 3 motor, but it is an LS1 - 5.7L), they do not have the LS2 out in the South African Lumina - yet... I do not know if they are going to :dunno:

Just wondering what you guys thought?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Some of the stuff from over here will work like all our internal ls1 goodies for the bottom end and what not and all the cams and heads would. However if it is a right hand drive car the long tube headers that work on a gto will not work on the rhd version same if its an awd version of the car too. Other then that what will work on a gto should work on that car. Minus the exhaust maybe due to it being a sedan it could be longer. Don't know for a fact on the lenght. Also check out the aussie sites as they have a lot of the rhd specific stuff for those cars.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Launching!

the Lumina SS is a rebadged Holden Commodore just Like the GTO is a rebadged Holden Monaro. That model has been in production for a long time and Holden has been in business as long as GM part arent a problem and you can get any performance part you can think of in australia By the way the SS is also sold in the middle east in left hand drive and as a Buick in china and Vauxhall in the UK.. ALL (including the GTO) are just rebadged Holdens.. For more info go to the Aussie LS1 site , youll find all the info you need ,
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/index.php

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on Lumina SS (overseas)