Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

cam for ls1

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, and you! We love the Mega Death cam, it kicks MEGA @$$.
YEAH YOUR RIGHT..... but dont tell everyone..
Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 AM

hello,
The car in question is mine (oopakyle is really my brother). This is the first ls1 in the family.... Oopakyle had some lt1's and a couple gn's. I myself have had mostly mustangs. My last car was a cobalt ss supercharged and i needed to get back into a rwd v8 before i went nuts.

As for the cars goals. Ot is a daily driver and if it sees the track twice a year, thats alot. I want to make more rwhp na then my 94 gt did with the vortech (340 rwhp 350 rwtq), Before the car goes fi.

Ps... My wife told me the car must stay STOCK for a year! But in the four weeks of owenership I've added jba catless mids, a k&n intake, and have been messing around with hp tuners and my wideband... LOL
Old 11-22-2007, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Superslowgto
hello,
The car in question is mine (oopakyle is really my brother). This is the first ls1 in the family.... Oopakyle had some lt1's and a couple gn's. I myself have had mostly mustangs. My last car was a cobalt ss supercharged and i needed to get back into a rwd v8 before i went nuts.

As for the cars goals. Ot is a daily driver and if it sees the track twice a year, thats alot. I want to make more rwhp na then my 94 gt did with the vortech (340 rwhp 350 rwtq), Before the car goes fi.

Ps... My wife told me the car must stay STOCK for a year! But in the four weeks of owenership I've added jba catless mids, a k&n intake, and have been messing around with hp tuners and my wideband... LOL
WELCOME TO THE LSX side of the house...... and if your going forced induction then just get bolt ons for now.........
Old 11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^^ I concur, the only question now is do you plan on going with APS kit? In that case do not get headers as they will come with the package. If you are goin with a maggie then you should get some Kooks 1 7/8
Old 11-24-2007, 12:00 AM

yea id rather not put a cam in now if i could reach my power goal with out it because i would have to change it out for a more specific forced induction grind later.

I knew the lsx motors responded well to bolt ons but after doing some searhing im in awwww at the power potential of a bolt on lsx....

I'm not really sure what form of fi I will go with. I've owned a couple turbo imports (dsm's and a beetle with a gt28rs) a supercharged v8 and a roots blown 4 banger (cobalt ss) and quite honestly all three had pluss and minuses. I really like the idea of a turbo v8 but i like the simplisity of a roots style bolt on. O well i have time to think about it.

Quick Reply: cam for ls1