Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

If you went from F-Body To GTO Come in here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
What's up dude. I haven't seen you post in a long time.. Maybe b/c I was mia for a couple of years. If you remeber I was on a quest with my TA... I've never driven a 'modern' LSx vehicle. When I buy a GTO I am budgeting for the following:
Full Exhaust
Wheels/Tires
Tint
Shifter
I've been around ... I remember the quest and all the GMMG fanfare Welcome back on board! Hope you find the Goat of your dreams.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
I've been around ... I remember the quest and all the GMMG fanfare Welcome back on board! Hope you find the Goat of your dreams.
Hahaha that's right, you and I were the GMMG KINGS lol

Definitely want an 06 M6. There are some around my area, they range in price and in mileage. Anywhere from 13K miles - 123k miles, and range from $9k - $23k
Old 11-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from a loaded '83 Firebird [purchased new] to an '04 Yellow Jacket GTO [purchased used in '09 with a huge 1,200 miles on the clock]. The Yellow Jacket drowned and was replaced with another '04, but Pulse Red and stick.
The Firebird was like a small station wagon with lots of rattles. Parts are cheap. The glass roof was wonderful. The car always turned heads. In 26 years of ownership, the thing cost nothing more than normal maintanance and gas/insurance to run.
Oh, I forgot, the rear shocks once came through the floor and the sail panels began to crack.
The GTO is infinitely faster and while the seats are more comfortable, the ride is not.
I love the car, but worry about the weak things such as the seven matched computers, the differential and driveshaft and halfshafts and the complex front suspension and the throwout bearing/slave assembly and the dwindling availability of parts. And the fact that insurance companies will total the car if it gets more damage than a simple scratch.
***I just try to ignore these things and enjoy the car.***

Quick Reply: If you went from F-Body To GTO Come in here