Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Who's making the GTO mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 04:42 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Who's making the GTO mods?

What is available that's specific for the GTO? Long tubes, catback, intake...
Old 01-18-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
What is available that's specific for the GTO? Long tubes, catback, intake...
I haven't heard of anyone producing any GTO parts yet, but what I have heard so far is that LG Motorsports has a car, and Texas Speed & Performance has one too. Presumably a few other shops. TByrne has had a GTO section of his web site for a while. So we could have air boxes and headers fairly soon from one of these sources.

LG does a mean set of C5 long tubes, and has their own design of Camaro air intakes, so they should be well equipped to come up with some smooth GTO parts. Not to mention their suspension line.

But I thought you didn't want a GTO? (from another thread on this page):
Fine with me, I have no interest in owning one.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:57 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're right, I don't want one. Even if I did, I couldn't afford it on my 20y/o income.

I just wanted to know what all these guys will have available to them... so I can keep one step ahead
Old 01-21-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're right, I don't want one. Even if I did, I couldn't afford it on my 20y/o income.

I just wanted to know what all these guys will have available to them... so I can keep one step ahead
lol, just joshing with you

I saw a mention of an "intake" that was put on a GTO ans showed a gain on the dyno in a post by LS1 Speed over in the internal engine tech section. I'm not sure if they meant an intake manifold or an air induction/air box of some sort.
Headers are on the way as well, per a post in that same section.

With an air box and headers to open up both ends, and Carputing reporting that they have an LS1 edit that works on the GTO, everything internal that can be thrown at a Camaro can be put on a GTO and used to maximum effect.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:13 PM
FormerVendor

We can get cold air kits for the GTO. Working on headers and exhaust. I can do any custom exhaust in house if anyone is interested. We use Magnaflow mufflers and stainless pipe.

Nate
Old 01-22-2004, 08:21 PM
FormerVendor

We have an outlet for GTO parts made by F1 performance F1 has brakes, short shifters, sequential gear boxes, 9" diffs, wheels, suspension, body kits, different dash, seats, etc, etc for the GTO. Let me know what bits you are interested in and I will get a picture and price for you.

Nate
Old 01-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TTopJohn

I saw a mention of an "intake" that was put on a GTO ans showed a gain on the dyno in a post by LS1 Speed over in the internal engine tech section.
You saw correct, we have 3 GTO's at the shop for testing

We have our intake in production now, quality composite material precisely molded. There are also add-on's that we will offer, it will serve the bolt on GTO enthusiast as well as the hardcore speed addict. It replaces the stock induction tube and air box.

TSP has seen only 5 HP with a catback exhaust... We will see how much the exhaust manifolds hold these cars back next week.

As always, we will do thorough testing and report the dyno results.

www.ls1gtospeed.com
Old 01-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Teching In

here is an idea where to mount the pod filter... and it gets fresh air from below / behind the drivers side headlamp

also .. the is no cowl restriction so you guys should get lysholm blower kits like the kenne belle ..

Old 01-23-2004, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Speed Inc Webmaster

TSP has seen only 5 HP with a catback exhaust... We will see how much the exhaust manifolds hold these cars back next week.

www.ls1gtospeed.com
From their testing, it would appear maybe Pontiac did a decent job with the stock system. Now I wonder why they didn't fit the car with stock headers?!?