Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Tell me what you guys think.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tell me what you guys think.

I have a chance to buy a custom made exhaust. The only thing I dont like about it is that its not true duels it has a Y pipe like F bodys. So My question to you guys is do you think this will hurt the performance or will I even notice? The input will be great thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Don't waste your money. You can find used name brand (corsa, borla, LM, Spin, Magnaflow) exhaust on LS1gto.com with little to no miles on for 600 and less.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ArklaTexan
Don't waste your money. You can find used name brand (corsa, borla, LM, Spin, Magnaflow) exhaust on LS1gto.com with little to no miles on for 600 and less.
Agreed!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Ok thanks guys, well heres my next question what catback would you guys go with out of the two SLP loudmouth or the Magnaflow catback? Im up to here other options too Im just trying not to spend over 700 if I can help it
Old 08-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Corsa's '04 exhaust has a Y-Pipe, and apparently it flows just as good as, if not better than, the '05-'06. I doubt you're losing anything.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Second Club

Depends on the sound, Magnaflow is a bit quieter.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Banned

Thumbs down kungfu university

Welcome to www.kungfuuniversity.com! Here you will find what is Kungfu, how can learn Kungfu well, how to be a man just like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li!It's said that Gongfu. Hard work over time to accomplish skill. A painter can have gongfu. Or the butcher who cuts meat every day with such skill...his knife never touches bone. Learn the form, but seek the formless. Hear the soundless. Learn it all, then forget it all. Learn The Way, then find your own way. The musician can have gongfu. Or the poet who paints pictures with words and makes emperors weep. This, too, is gongfu. But do not name it, my friend, for it is like water. Nothing is softer than water...yet it can overcome rock. It does not fight. It flows around the opponent. Formless, nameles...the true master dwells within. Only you can free him. Come on, body! Many wellknown Kungfu masters will teach you form-form. Shaolin, Wudang, Taichi and many other linds of Kungfu. Anyone you like, just have a taste! Once chose, you will be a different person as before. Whoever you are, a painter, a butcher, a musician... To be YOU! Only $360 you can be YOU! Welcome to www.kungfuuniversity.com!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by nofear27
I have a chance to buy a custom made exhaust. The only thing I dont like about it is that its not true duels it has a Y pipe like F bodys. So My question to you guys is do you think this will hurt the performance or will I even notice? The input will be great thanks.
Sorry for the late reply but I'd also say to stay away from this custom exhaust. And my opinion on "true" duals is that they sound kind of bland. I personally love the X-pipe because it gives these cars a touch of an exotic sound, plus X-pipe provides a couple extra horsepower.

The Loudmouth I system is generally a little loud, especially if you have headers and/or no cats. Loudmouth II is a little quieter, but with both systems most people experience drone when cruising down the highway.

I'd recommend Magnaflow if you have headers w/out cats. Any other combination and I find the Magnaflow too be a little too quiet for me. It does have an X-pipe though, so if you ARE running headers w/out cats it'll sound great.

My personal favorite is Bassani. Very reasonably-priced 304 stainless system that just sounds great with any combinations. With or without headers, with or without cats... the system sounds great. Not an awful lot of people own the system because so few people have heard one in person, but here at MarylandSpeed we've brought a bit of attention over the past year or so to the Bassani systems. Once people started hearing them more people started buying them. Anyone that we've recommended Bassani too (regardless of what catback they were previously looking at) has loved the sound of the Bassani and are glad they chose it over what they were looking at.

Myself and the owner here have the Bassani system on our LS2 GTO's, and the owner has a Bassani on his SRT8 Charger as well. Is that nice of a catback! Not sure if you have an LS1 or LS2 GTO, but the LS1 system can be had through us for under $700 new. The LS2 system is just a little over $700 including shipping, but it's worth that extra money for a very high quality exhaust with such a great sound. Both of their GTO systems use an X-pipe by the way, so to me that's always a plus.

Check them out here and let us know if you have any questions or anything:

http://marylandspeed.com/pontiac-gto...Exit) Exhausts
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andrew@MarylandSpeed
Sorry for the late reply but I'd also say to stay away from this custom exhaust. And my opinion on "true" duals is that they sound kind of bland. I personally love the X-pipe because it gives these cars a touch of an exotic sound, plus X-pipe provides a couple extra horsepower.

The Loudmouth I system is generally a little loud, especially if you have headers and/or no cats. Loudmouth II is a little quieter, but with both systems most people experience drone when cruising down the highway.

I'd recommend Magnaflow if you have headers w/out cats. Any other combination and I find the Magnaflow too be a little too quiet for me. It does have an X-pipe though, so if you ARE running headers w/out cats it'll sound great.

My personal favorite is Bassani. Very reasonably-priced 304 stainless system that just sounds great with any combinations. With or without headers, with or without cats... the system sounds great. Not an awful lot of people own the system because so few people have heard one in person, but here at MarylandSpeed we've brought a bit of attention over the past year or so to the Bassani systems. Once people started hearing them more people started buying them. Anyone that we've recommended Bassani too (regardless of what catback they were previously looking at) has loved the sound of the Bassani and are glad they chose it over what they were looking at.

Myself and the owner here have the Bassani system on our LS2 GTO's, and the owner has a Bassani on his SRT8 Charger as well. Is that nice of a catback! Not sure if you have an LS1 or LS2 GTO, but the LS1 system can be had through us for under $700 new. The LS2 system is just a little over $700 including shipping, but it's worth that extra money for a very high quality exhaust with such a great sound. Both of their GTO systems use an X-pipe by the way, so to me that's always a plus.

Check them out here and let us know if you have any questions or anything:

http://marylandspeed.com/pontiac-gto...Exit) Exhausts
I ordered my Bassani after I watched the video you posted on LS1gto.com and it sounds awesome, thanks to marylandspeed for great service and quick shipping.

Quick Reply: Tell me what you guys think.