MMA Discussion thread.... - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

MMA Discussion thread....

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #21
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post
and as for fedor and hendo...fedor is gonna treat hendo like a red headed step child and slap him all around all 8 sides of that octagon..lol fedor is used to fighting people 100 lbs heavier that he is..and as he gets older thats why he is deciding to soon fight at 205 instead of hw..that being said, he will still smash henderson..MARK MY WORDS> the first punch fedor thrown of the fight will by a right hand that drops hendo!! no necessarily KO's him but he will fall...WATCH
Yes, I originally also picked Fedor to beat up Henderson being that Fedor is finally fighting someone his own size and weight..

Still, then I think Hendo is going to be training his *** off for the fight just like he did for his last. With that being said he also looked like the Hendo of old in his last title winning fight for Strike Force.. Then I look at Fedor, he's getting older, lost a couple of fights. Probably on the decline now and maybe his heart isn't in the fight game so much anymore.. He talks about retirement all the time now. Clearly and most recently he just got the **** beat out of him by Big Foot too.. Gotta wonder how all that plays on his mind after being so dominate for so long against all the cans he fought in the past.

They both have those lunging swinging punches that can knock either out..

I'm siked to see that fight go down I think this fight is basically a coin toss at this point.. I'm taking back my Fedor win pick now that I've had a long time to think it over carefully.. I'm on the fence with this pick..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
TECH Senior Member

Smile

rampage was from pride JIBBBY and hes probably been the best from that organization.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #23
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS View Post
rampage was from pride JIBBBY and hes probably been the best from that organization.
Correct!! How could I forget about Mr. Quinton Jackson?? Another American born fighter whom was fighting in Japan and in Pride..

I still feel bad for all the Jap female interviewers that had to cross paths with Rampage during those Pride years..
Old 07-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #24
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Yes, I originally also picked Fedor to beat up Henderson being that Fedor is finally fighting someone his own size and weight....

Still, then I think Hendo is going to be training his *** off for the fight just like he did for his last. With that being said he also looked like the Hendo of old in his last title winning fight for Strike Force.. Then I look at Fedor, he's getting older, lost a couple of fights. Probably on the decline now and maybe his heart isn't in the fight game so much anymore.. He talks about retirement all the time now. Clearly and most recently he just got the **** beat out of him by Big Foot too.. Gotta wonder how all that plays on his mind after being so dominate for so long against all the cans he fought in the past.

They both have those lunging swinging punches that can knock either out..
ya same here..it sucks cas the fight is on july 30th and thats when my next one is so i cant watch it live..gotta catch it on dvr that night..but i agree with everything u said bout fedor..it must be hard to be basically undefeated at 30-0 (with one loss due to cut early in career) then start losing fights one after another..werdum he coulda won.he had him hurt..but big foot he had no answer to..i still believe he will have no prob making a short night of Hendo..imagine the relief of fighting someone smaller than u after 35 fights lol also a funny fact..i am fighting for a promoter who fought fedor a long time ago..guy named Kerry Schall..he runs fire extreme fighting where im from in illinois..he got his *** beat lol but still kinda cool
TheWarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #25
Village Idiot

Quote:
ya same here..it sucks cas the fight is on july 30th and thats when my next one is so i cant watch it live..gotta catch it on dvr that night..but i agree with everything u said bout fedor..it must be hard to be basically undefeated at 30-0 (with one loss due to cut early in career) then start losing fights one after another..werdum he coulda won.he had him hurt..but big foot he had no answer to..i still believe he will have no prob making a short night of Hendo..imagine the relief of fighting someone smaller than u after 35 fights lol also a funny fact..i am fighting for a promoter who fought fedor a long time ago..guy named Kerry Schall..he runs fire extreme fighting where im from in illinois..he got his *** beat lol but still kinda cool
^^^Never heard of you pal. I must say it's nice to get a real MMA fighter hooked up on these MMA threads every now and then.

Hendo is no push over and I believe Fedor will really have to bring his A game to beat a motivated and in shape Hendo..

This is probably the biggest fight in Hendo's career, I would guess it's very motivating for him to finally fight Fedor.. He was in shape and motivated in his last fight, and I surely can't see anything being different coming into with this one for Dan..

Can't same the same for Fedor

When I think about Fedor in recent years, I think about him ducking alot of the best fighters for pretty much the last decade. Finally when signing with Strike Force, he has been forced to step up the level of competition and in turn he has gotten his *** beat. Hendo right now is just another step up in competition if you ask me.. Size or not..

We will see.....
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #26
TECH Senior Member

Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #27
Teching In

lol ya thats the fight..thats kerry schalls big ***..hes a cool guy in person to..im actually fighting for his 185 belt on the 30th..im stoked..he runs a very nice and classy event..always had ufc fighters there..i met rich franklin last fight..this time jenz pulver is gonna b there
Old 07-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #28
TECH Senior Member

i heard mike russow has a fight organization in chicago. ever fight for him?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
Teching In

lol funny u ask bout that...his is called KAOS in Kankakee..thats where i live..ya i have fought for him twice..his last event was just a few weeks ago..i couldnt fight because i broke my hand last fight..so i let a teammate of mine take my place and fight for that belt (which should have been mine)..my teammate fought a guy who i fought at fire extreme that i had beaten..my teammate quit the fight halfway through (just said i quit)..then the opponent called me out cas he wants a rematch w me for that belt..the funny thing is the guy russow hired to run the event did such a terrible job, russow shut down kaos lol there were 4 title fights that night and only one title belt was ordered..3 guys didnt get their belt..it was a bad night for mike so hes done doing it
Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #30
Teching In

theres actually a video of me fighting at kaos..its my first ever fight..go to youtube and type in "Bill ward fight 1"..thats at kaos..im in red and white trunks
Old 07-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #31
Village Idiot

^^ Rich Franklin seems like a nice enough guy in person.. I see a bunch of MMA guys all the time cruising or hanging out in LA.. I saw Rampage not too long ago come to think of it..

I have no problems with Rich other then he can't seem to work his way out of a Muay Thai clinch to avoid those up knees to his nose...

Poor guy.. Anderson Silva really busted him up, not once but twice.. OUCH!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #32
Teching In

u should see rich in person..that guy had had more plastic surgery than any celebrity..lol his teeth are fake and u can tell hes had surgery to get scar tissue removed..prolly from all the muay thai knees to the dome haha
Old 07-11-2011, 06:15 PM   #33
Village Idiot

Quote:
u should see rich in person..that guy had had more plastic surgery than any celebrity..lol his teeth are fake and u can tell hes had surgery to get scar tissue removed..prolly from all the muay thai knees to the dome haha
Yeah, I bet.. That dude got busted up badly more then once. Wand probably looks like hell close up too.. **** Wand looked like a damn wax doll for a litlle while there.

I'm sure alot of the top UFC guys have that sand paper leather skin close up look going on.. It's not as if the ears aren't bad enough, but when you throw in leather face too it could get down right scary looking in a hurry.

Hey but this is a mans sport so who cares???.. Can't be pretty forever playing this game.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #34
Teching In

lol thats right..and ya wand i have always said is the ugliest guy in the ufc..and sonnen was right, it doesnt help that hes 2-8 and continues to fight..usually dana cuts fighters after 2-3 straight losses

Im a lower level pro right now..im bustin my *** to try to get to that next level..so u guys keep watching ufc and if u ever see a fighter roll up in a black and red 2 tone ws6...Holla at ya boy!!! lol
Old 07-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #35
TECH Senior Member

Talking

you need to try to get on TUF.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #36
Teching In

**** thatd be nice..u gotta have atleast 3 pro fights tho..ive only had one as a pro so far..but thats my goal for the near future..itd be nice if there were more mma fans that would comment on here..i wanna hear everybodys take on different fighters
Old 07-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #37
TECH Senior Member

Smile

theres quite a few informed members on here regarding MMA fighters. it even gets heated sometimes which makes it more fun as you know some like a certain fighter(s) and some like others.

honestly, i wasnt aware of many fighters outside the UFC until a few members here mentioned them. if you frequent the racers lounge MMA topics come up constantly.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #38
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Shogun, Anderson Silva, and Fedor disagree.......
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #39
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislswon View Post
Shogun, Anderson Silva, and Fedor disagree.......
AS is the man. fedor hasnt fought alot of tough competition outside of pride imo. shogun has been 3-3 since joining the UFC.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #40
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
, most of the Pride greats suck fighting in America and in the cage..
I get so sick of hearing this ****. Who was dominating in the UFC at the time Pride champs were dominating in Pride? Lets have a little comparison.

HW division:

UFC: Arlovski/Sylvia/Couture
Pride: Fedor/Cro Cop/Nog

LHW Division:

UFC:Liddell/Couture/Tito
Pride:Shogun/Wand/Rampage

MW

UFC: Franklin/Tanner
Pride:Henderson/Anderson Silva

LW

Pride:Gomi/Kawijiri/Aoki
UFC: Sherk/Penn

Fedor dismantled 2 of the same UFC champs that were dominating the UFC at the same time he was dominating pride.Couture lost to Big Nog in his debut in the UFC. CC is the only pride champ that has simply been awful in the UFC.

Rampage and Shogun are 3-0 against Liddell. Tito has only won 1 fight in 5 years. Just one fight ago Shogun was champion of the UFC and now Rampage has the next shot at the 205 strap.

Franklin was dismantled 2x by Anderson Silva and Silva is still undefeated in the UFC. Henderson is 5-3 since leaving Pride and 2 of those losses are against former Pride greats Rampage and Anderson Silva.

Sherk and Penn are clearly the better fighters here but even so Kawijiri and Aoki are still very solid fighters.

See, people say Pride guys suck but they fail to see that the UFC champs of that same time are doing much worse in the sport right now for the most part than fighters from Pride who were dominating at the same time.

Pride and the UFC are/were great organizations that produced great fighters and legends. It is just unfair to me to here people bash on the quality of Pride fighters when their UFC counterparts are for the most part doing much worse.

People that have seen me post here regularly know that I follow all levels of MMA so I am not biased. I will say this though. Pride was much more exciting due to the rules and judging criteria IMO.

Quote:
AS is the man. fedor hasnt fought alot of tough competition outside of pride imo. shogun has been 3-3 since joining the UFC.
Fedor beat the same 2 men that were champions in the UFC at the same time he was dominating Pride.

One fight ago Shogun was the champion of the UFC. He arguably beat Machida 2x and just happened to run into a buzzsaw in Jon Jones. SHogun will avenge one of those losses at UFC 134.
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote