MMA Discussion thread.... - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

MMA Discussion thread....

Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #41
TECH Senior Member

fedor is on a two fight losing streak and shogun got crushed in his last fight.

rampage up to this point is a better fighter than both imo right now. rampage has never been submitted or KOed since joining the UFC and i dont think jon jones will either.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #42
TECH Enthusiast

I do not deny either of those 2 comments but Shogun was UFC champ just one fight ago. Shogun also destroyed Rampage when they fought in Pride. Shogun has a more impressive resume than Rampage plus he holds the a win over Rampage. You did not say that Rampage is doing better than any of the other Pride greats at this time. You said that he was the best fighter to come out of Pride.

Right now yes, Rampage is on a 2 fight win streak with a UD win against Hammil and a very controversial SD against Machida. I am a big Rampage fan but that is not exactly a barn burner win streak.

Also, Fedor is on a 2 fight losing streak but has a much better record/resume/legacy than Rampage and so does Anderson Silva and Shogun. Not really debatable IMO.
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #43
Teching In

Facts of life: 1: Anderson Silva is a monster..his past 4 fights he has made a mockery of his opponents (running around the cage, hiding behind the ref, holds his hands to his waist and pokes chin out, etc.) He can because he is just THAT good. 2:shogun, unless he learns to use his kicks against jon jones will never come close to beating him (as will anybody else). Jon jones is a freak athlete who has mastered both striking and his ground game. The only person that has a chance to beat him is Rampage (now let me explain..) i kno nobody thinks rampage will beat him, but skill wise, nobody will out strike or be better than jones on the ground..thats why rampage has the upper hand because he doesnt fight with "skill" or "technique"...rampage will beat jones by taking the middle of the octagon and landing a "lucky" punch and knock out jones (although that is highly unlikely as well)...and fact of life 3: Fedor, no matter how bad his last fight (because the fight with werdum was not that bad), he has fought the absolute best of anybody in mma history..he fought 7ft guys...he fought 400lb guys, he fought bodybuilders, and he fought STUDS such as cro-cop in pride and arlovski in pride to name a few. fedor will beat hendo then he will drop to 205 and continue to be dominant for another 5 yrs.
TheWarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #44
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislswon View Post
Shogun, Anderson Silva, and Fedor disagree.......
If Rampage Jackson comes to fight in shape and ready at an even catch weight I think he beats both Anderson Silva, Shogun and Fedor today.. Years past maybe not, but today yes.

I disagree...
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #45
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
If Rampage comes to fight in shape and ready at an even catch weight I think he beats both Anderson Silva, Shogun and Fedor today.. Years past maybe not, but today yes. I disagree...
i think u are on to something..althoug if fedor and rampage fought, fedor would obviously destroy rampage on the ground, probably submitting him within seconds, but if they went into the cage and stood and bang for 3 rounds..that would be a absolutely great fight..as for rampage and silva..i feel the same about that as i do for jon jones as i said above^^
Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #46
Village Idiot

Jon Jones is still learning this sport.. Get that guy on the ground and on his back against a good Jitsu guy and we could see him getting submitted.. Huuuuuugggeeee IF THOUGH!!!

Jones is on fire right now and his wrestling and top game is really top notch.....
Old 07-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #47
Teching In

ya exactly..and like i said not to mention is freak striking ability..that guy will hit u from angles u didnt know was possible..plus his reach is unhuman as well..the guy could hit u with a jab from the audience if he wanted to lol
Old 07-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #48
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
If Rampage Jackson comes to fight in shape and ready at an even catch weight I think he beats both Anderson Silva, Shogun and Fedor today.. Years past maybe not, but today yes.

I disagree...
Rampage has a history of being brutalized by MT style fighters. He always gets destroyed in the MT plum. Wanderlei x2 and Shogun x1. Anderson would do the same to Rampage only much more vicious. Rampage chooses not to use his wrestling anymore.

Fedor would submit Rampage or GNP him out. Rampage is not well rounded enough to fight the fight anywhere like Fedor can. Also, Fedor has a better chin and better cardio.

Shogun would beat Rampage worse now than what he did in their primes. Shogun's weakness is TDD. When is the last time Rampage used his offensive wrestling? He has turned into a one dimensional fighter. He simply chooses to stand and throw hooks instead of using his wrestling and a gameplan to win.

As I have said. I love Rampage and rank him as the 4th greatest LHW of all time behind Shogun, Chuck, Wanderlei but he has turned very one dimensional.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #49
Village Idiot

Quote:
Rampage has a history of being brutalized by MT style fighters. He always gets destroyed in the MT plum. Wanderlei x2 and Shogun x1. Anderson would do the same to Rampage only much more vicious. Rampage chooses not to use his wrestling anymore.

Fedor would submit Rampage or GNP him out. Rampage is not well rounded enough to fight the fight anywhere like Fedor can. Also, Fedor has a better chin and better cardio.

Shogun would beat Rampage worse now than what he did in their primes. Shogun's weakness is TDD. When is the last time Rampage used his offensive wrestling? He has turned into a one dimensional fighter. He simply chooses to stand and throw hooks instead of using his wrestling and a gameplan to win.

As I have said. I love Rampage and rank him as the 4th greatest LHW of all time behind Shogun, Chuck, Wanderlei but he has turned very one dimensional.
Rampage has been in this sport forever, to say he is not well rounded enough is hard to say.. I think Rampage just prefers to man up and bang standing. If it goes to the ground or he wants it to become a wrestling match he will do just fine.. I remember he threw Dan Henderson around wrestling not too long ago in the cage.. That loss pretty much sent Henderson packing to Strikeforce if I'm not mistaken.

I'd say your post is spot on 10 years ago but today I think Rampage is more at the top of his game and all others are on the decline..

Rampage takes them all today..
Old 07-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #50
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:

Rampage takes them all today..
Please give some rational reasoning behind this! When is the last time you seen Rampage use his offensive wrestling? When is last time you seen Rampage check a leg kick? When is the last time you seen Rampage do anything besides wing hooks? When is the last time Rampage looked impressive against a top 5 fighter? That's right 2007. Wolfslair ruined him IMO.

I guess I don't find the fact that a decision win against Hammil is impressive. Or the fact that 85% of the MMA world think he lost to Machida.

Quote:
That loss pretty much sent Henderson packing to Strikeforce if I'm not mistaken.
Wrong. Very wrong.....

Quote:
I remember he threw Dan Henderson around wrestling not too long ago in the cage..
Yea, if you consider 4 years ago not very long then you are correct I guess. Like I said we have not seen him use his offensive wrestling since that fight. Plus, if I recall correctly Rampage did not out wrestle Henderson in that fight. But, I could be wrong on the last point....

Last edited by thislswon; 07-11-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #51
Village Idiot

^ So you think Rampage lost all his wrestling skills in 4 years.. Fights since then all his opponents he stood up against and mostly got the better of them.. Why wrestle when you can bang like Rampage standing and you possess the granite chin?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Quinton-Jackson-348

He dominated an Olympic caliber wrestler with alot of natural strength 4 years ago in Dan Henderson.. He could do that again today if he trained for it and wanted to wrestle.. He may still be the strongest lower back fighter in the MMA with his slams. Who's gonna get the better of Rampage on the ground out of those 3 fighters?

Come on thislswon.. He ******* knocked the **** out of Wand standing and that throws your MT Kriptonite theory right out the window.. Rampage is well rounded and good enough to beat these fighters today..

He probably will become UFC champion very shortly if I had to guess.. Rampage has the tools and may just be in his MMA prime right now mentally..
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 PM   #52
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
^ So you think Rampage lost all his wrestling skills in 4 years.. Fights since then all his opponents he stood up against and mostly got the better of them.. Why wrestle when you can bang like Rampage standing and you possess the granite chin?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Quinton-Jackson-348

He dominated an Olympic caliber wrestler with alot of natural strength 4 years ago in Dan Henderson.. He could do that again today if he trained for it and wanted to wrestle.. He may still be the strongest lower back fighter in the MMA with his slams. Who's gonna get the better of Rampage on the ground out of those 3 fighters?

Come on thislswon.. He ******* knocked the **** out of Wand standing and that throws your MT Kriptonite theory right out the window.. Rampage is well rounded and good enough to beat these fighters today..

He probably will become UFC champion very shortly if I had to guess.. Rampage has the tools and may just be in his MMA prime right now mentally..
Rashad Evans out wrestled Rampage easily, and even outstruck him. Rampage is still one dimensional and it doesnt take too much work for his opponents to gameplan for him.

Taking a shitload of leg kicks from Forrest didnt look well either, since in MMA you do get kicked. He has never slammed anyone in the UFC.

Rampage is basically s sprawl and brawl fighter nowadays......where as Jon Jones is a dynamic well rounded fighter. That means you can knock out and submit people which rampage cant do, he has one win by submission from almost 7 years ago in a smaller show
GMmexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #53
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarden View Post
Jon jones is a freak athlete who has mastered both striking and his ground game. The only person that has a chance to beat him is Rampage (now let me explain..) i kno nobody thinks rampage will beat him, but skill wise, nobody will out strike or be better than jones on the ground..thats why rampage has the upper hand because he doesnt fight with "skill" or "technique"...rampage will beat jones by taking the middle of the octagon and landing a "lucky" punch and knock out jones (although that is highly unlikely as well.
Roger Gracie would destroy Jon Jones on the ground
Gohkan Saki would destroy Jon Jones standing

both guys are lhw but both guys are not in the UFC

It has to be a guy thats elusive and is the complete package that gives Jon Jones something he has never seen before, someone who is great off the clinch and can counter wrestle and use his movement and foot work to avoid and counter Jon Jones, only fight that can do that right now is Lyoto Machida.

I would not say Rampage has no technique or he lands lucky punches, he has alot of power in his short hooks and his uppercut. But sinces Rampage rarely throws kicks or straight punches, he basically is an inside pocket power boxer.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:28 AM   #54
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
^ So you think Rampage lost all his wrestling skills in 4 years..
Well, considering that wrestling would have helped him in every single UFC fight he has lost I would say that he chooses not to use it. I never said he lost it. I said he has turned into a one dimensional fighter with a shitty *** gameplan. I blame alot of it on Wolfslair.

Quote:
Once again, I have seen every one of Rampage's fights since 2001. I do not need your fightfinder to base my opinions.

Quote:
Actually no he did not. Henderson had more TD's in that fight and he reversed Jackson and almost sunk in a Kimura...

Considering Shogun already finished him on the ground and the fact that Fedor has world class Sambo and has never lost to a fighter near his own size on the ground I would say both of them.

Quote:
So because he clipped Wand early in the 1st round that takes away the brutal beatings that he has suffered at the hands of aggressive MT style fighters? Wand beat his ******* brains in with MT and so did Shogun. Anderson has better MT than both of them....

Quote:
I pray that he becomes UFC champ again so Shogun can makes his eyes roll in the back of his skull again. Rampage is not nowhere near his MMA prime. Three fights ago he got wrestlefucked by Rashad and lost. Two fights ago he robbed Machida of a win. 1 fight ago he went to a decision against a non top 10 fighter.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #55
TECH Enthusiast

On a side note Lombard is begging for a fight with Marquardt. I think that would be a huge and very winnable fight for Lombard. Would like to see him face some upper echelon fighters.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #56
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
On a side note Lombard is begging for a fight with Marquardt. I think that would be a huge and very winnable fight for Lombard. Would like to see him face some upper echelon fighters.
That would be an awesome fight, Lombard does not have any real competition at MW in bellator and I would love to see him get crushed for being such a *****.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #57
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
I do not deny either of those 2 comments but Shogun was UFC champ just one fight ago. Shogun also destroyed Rampage when they fought in Pride. Shogun has a more impressive resume than Rampage plus he holds the a win over Rampage. You did not say that Rampage is doing better than any of the other Pride greats at this time. You said that he was the best fighter to come out of Pride.

Right now yes, Rampage is on a 2 fight win streak with a UD win against Hammil and a very controversial SD against Machida. I am a big Rampage fan but that is not exactly a barn burner win streak.

Also, Fedor is on a 2 fight losing streak but has a much better record/resume/legacy than Rampage and so does Anderson Silva and Shogun. Not really debatable IMO.

sorry, right now rampage is a better fighter than shogun and fedor. rampage hasnt been finished in a long time where both have been recently.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:30 AM   #58
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS View Post
sorry, right now rampage is a better fighter than shogun and fedor. rampage hasnt been finished in a long time where both have been recently.
Yes, and rampage hasnt finished anyone recently just one fight ago Shogun finished the man that he should have lost to.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #59
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMmexican View Post
Rashad Evans out wrestled Rampage easily, and even outstruck him. Rampage is still one dimensional and it doesnt take too much work for his opponents to gameplan for him.

Taking a shitload of leg kicks from Forrest didnt look well either, since in MMA you do get kicked. He has never slammed anyone in the UFC.

Rampage is basically s sprawl and brawl fighter nowadays......where as Jon Jones is a dynamic well rounded fighter. That means you can knock out and submit people which rampage cant do, he has one win by submission from almost 7 years ago in a smaller show
The Rashad Evans vs Rampage fight was close enough.. I don't think Rampage came into that fight in great shape and I simply don't think he came into it mentally prepared either.. Same with Forrest.. Still both fights went the distance and Rampage was never rocked in either..

I think Rampage is actually the only guy right now who could give Jon Jones hell in the cage.. Not saying he can beat Jon Jones but I would be surprised if he knocked him out standing.. Black on black crime, I hope that fight goes down..

Ulti - you are the only guy in this thread to give Rampage the credit I think he deserves.. Until Rampage gets knocked out in the UFC and if he continues to stay focused he will be a massive threat for anyone he faces..

Rampage Jackson is still a beast...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #60
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
The Rashad Evans vs Rampage fight was close enough.. I don't think Rampage came into that fight in great shape and I simply don't think he came into it mentally prepared either.. Same with Forrest.. Still both fights went the distance and Rampage was never rocked in either..

I think Rampage is actually the only guy right now who could give Jon Jones hell in the cage.. Not saying he can beat Jon Jones but I would be surprised if he knocked him out standing.. Black on black crime, I hope that fight goes down..

Ulti - you are the only guy in this thread to give Rampage the credit I think he deserves.. Until Rampage gets knocked out in the UFC and if he continues to stay focused he will be a massive threat for anyone he faces..

Rampage Jackson is still a beast...
rampage didnt come in shape? his cardio was not the issue.....he took a million leg kicks from forrest and could not stuff rashads takedowns