MMA Discussion thread.... - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

MMA Discussion thread....

Old 07-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
TECH Enthusiast

Default MMA Discussion thread....

I think we need a specific thread for topics unrelated to upcoming fights. This will be a place for news and interviews and random MMA discussions. Plenty of arguing to be done amongst us MMA fans.

I will start this off with a bang! New Chael Sonnen interview below. He rips on Pride, Brazillian fighters, and much more. Some of it made me laugh, some of it made me roll my eyes and some of it made me want to come into my computer and kick him in the *****. Its almost 20 minutes long.

http://ironforgesiron.com/2011/07/vi...age-interview/
thislswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Village Idiot

MMA. Discussion - I'm always interested first and foremost when the next MMA event is on and popping!!!!

M-1 Challenge 26 is on tomorrow night..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24274/m-1-...-weigh-ins.mma

StrikeForce July 30 Henderson vs Fedor... Got next..
JIBBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
Village Idiot

Yeah, Chael Sonnen is cleared to go and so is his mouth..
Old 07-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #4
TECH Enthusiast

I hope Stann smashes him but I have a feeling Chael will wrestlefuck him to a UD.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
TECH Fanatic

What happened to chael fighting Machida? Now he's fighting Stann huh.
BrntWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
TECH Enthusiast

Yup, Machida verbally accepted but I guess Zuffa did not like that matchup so he is fighting Stann at UFC 136
Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thislswon View Post
I hope Stann smashes him but I have a feeling Chael will wrestlefuck him to a UD.
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
What happened to chael fighting Machida? Now he's fighting Stann huh.
yeah it would have been nice to see that Brazilian beat the **** out of Chael.
180ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
TECH Enthusiast

He was talking **** about Jose Aldo. I mean really? He is 145lb fighter who is nothing but respectful of all his opponents. I really do not like Chael....
Old 07-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Village Idiot

I like Chael as a fighter, because he comes to fight. He stood in front of Anderson Silva, and basically took it too him.. Not alot of fighters can do what he did.. Not alot of guys come into the cage fearless like Chael Sonnen does and then proceeds to back up their **** talking..

Gotta respect him as a fighter, as a person he's kind of an idiot.. Talks alot of head for sure..

I don't think he's a bad guy though.. I think he runs his mouth to gain a name for himself more then anything else..

Still a tool for sure...

He'll get Stann down and pound on him the entire fight.. Stann I don't think can beat Chael Sonnen even when he's not juicing..
Old 07-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
TECH Senior Member

chael sonnen will say anything for attention. imo he tries way too hard to be funny. i wonder how bad he needs money after all that **** he was in.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
MMA. Discussion - I'm always interested first and foremost when the next MMA event is on and popping!!!!

M-1 Challenge 26 is on tomorrow night..
Guram Gugenishvill who was originally suppose to fight in that main event, is a really big prospect coming out of Europe, he is a great submission wrestler that M1 is putting alot of hype behind, too bad he got injured.

Kenny Garner his replacement from att is a really fun guy to watch he takes alot of risks and goes for alot of crazy stuff, but since he carries a few extra pounds you might not like him JIBBY since your judge fighters based on your homoerotic obesessions with the male physique
GMmexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMmexican View Post
Guram Gugenishvill who was originally suppose to fight in that main event, is a really big prospect coming out of Europe, he is a great submission wrestler that M1 is putting alot of hype behind, too bad he got injured.

Kenny Garner his replacement from att is a really fun guy to watch he takes alot of risks and goes for alot of crazy stuff, but since he carries a few extra pounds you might not like him JIBBY since your judge fighters based on your homoerotic obesessions with the male physique
Contrary to your beliefs G-Mex I actually bet $100 to win $40 on Kenny Gardner as he's fighting out of the American Top Team camp and seems to be improving a bit with every fight... He is a little fat around the mid section and even looks a bit goofy. I still think he'll have alot more to offer in the cage against a guy like Bennett..

Kenny Gardner by KO!!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #13
TECH Senior Member

Smile

good stuff from m1 if anyone is watching.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:16 PM   #14
TECH Senior Member

awesome spinning backfist KO.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Village Idiot

That back fist knockout was crazy.. Homie dropped and was out cold..

Garner got the win too.. Couple of big guys in there going at it.. White boy got dropped.. Winner winner chicken dinner...
Old 07-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #16
TECH Fanatic

Zuffa needs to sign Garner.......that spinning back fist is a KO of the year candidate
Old 07-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #17
TECH Fanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qsLN...el_video_title

wow has anyone seen this entire video? Chael Sonnen is ******* crazy
Old 07-11-2011, 07:37 AM   #18
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMmexican View Post
wow has anyone seen this entire video? Chael Sonnen is ******* crazy
It's in the first post But yeah, the guy is off his rocker, but still pretty fkn funny if ya ask me! "He was feeding the bus a carrot!!"
78novacaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
Village Idiot

^^ He's a clown for sure.. He did however absolutely call the Chris Leben victory over The Axe Murder...

Chael did lose to Anderson Silva fair and square and really shouldn't be still talking trash.. He blew it and lost... He got triangled and lost in the last seconds of a fight.. If anyone looks stupid it's him.. He shouldn't say a word about that fight.. He better also hope he doesn't get gang rapped in Brazil talking all that trash..

I totally agree with most of what he said though.. Japanese fighters suck, most of the Pride greats suck fighting in America and in the cage.. Chuck Liddel and Dan Henderson being the exceptions, but both are American fighters to begin with.. Fedor sucks too and he's a fat slob, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dan thump him actually...

I think I'd like to sit down and have a beer with Chael, but I do believe he would talk too much and get on my nerves..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-11-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #20
Teching In

As an MMA fighter myself (Hence "The Warden") i completely understand the trash talking aspect of the game..especially in the UFC..Dana White feeds into it just as much as we all do..it makes money..and it makes people buy the events..i am the type of fighter that also loves the camera and loved getting into my opponents head (nowhere near sonnens level tho)..but @JIBBY was correct..silva knew at any time of that fight he could submit sonnen..if u watch the fight, silva put his hands at his ankles and poked his chin out for sonnen to hit lol that whole fight everyone knew in the back of their head that silva was gonna pull some crazy **** off..and as for fedor and hendo...fedor is gonna treat hendo like a red headed step child and slap him all around all 8 sides of that octagon..lol fedor is used to fighting people 100 lbs heavier that he is..and as he gets older thats why he is deciding to soon fight at 205 instead of hw..that being said, he will still smash henderson..MARK MY WORDS> the first punch fedor thrown of the fight will by a right hand that drops hendo!! no necessarily KO's him but he will fall...WATCH
TheWarden is offline   Reply With Quote