Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before? - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #21
Launching!

It's not worth talking to your neighbors. Obviously they lack common sense and courtesy by leaving their dog outside barking all day. If they're afraid of another break in, they should get a security system.

Call animal control or the police and report them. Keep reporting them until it stops. After getting fined for it they'll learn. And this way they won't know it's you who reported them. They'll only know it was one of their neighbors.
cranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #22
Captain Double Post

Quote:
My next door neighbor that had a dog that barked all night cause he worked nights well I warned him several times he didnt do anything and finally I killed it he didn't say anything to me but he knows it was me
Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #23
Captain Double Post

i agree ,i would just call the police, they wont know its you, or talk to them, you would know what kind of people they are, if there nice then they will understand, just say a few people were going to complain and you said you would talk with them,
BOBS99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #24
TECH Junkie

lol at some of these replies!

Anyways I would talk to the owners only because they may not know the dog barks when they are gone. If that doesn't fix anything, then bother the police until its resolved.
_JB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #25
TECH Apprentice

My neighbor and I had this same problem earlier this year. It was a rented house on the street behind us which put our back yards up against each other. This dog was left outside day and night, barking all the time. When I first started loosing sleep because of it, I would get up and throw little pieces of charcoal over there to try and scare it. It would work for about 20 minutes and would start barking again.

4 trips total to these peoples front door between my neighbor and me and they only answered the door once. And they didn't seem to give a ****. That day, we both looked over the fence at this dog and we were in disbelief of how sick and deathly this dog looked. It was starving and had no water in the bowl that had been turned upside down for probably days.

I called a local animal rescue hotline and the dog was gone within 2 days...hopefully for the better. Talking to the owner is a 50/50 shot....either they do something about it or they don't. Just walk over there and find out.
throttlejunkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #26
TECH Resident

Talk to the neighbor , even you said they are never there do how do they know it barks that much. And to the guy who said he killed his neighbors dog , well that's a bitch move to kill a helpless animal!! Serious you kill my pets and I will slap you in the mouth for being a women then kick your *** for being a coward of a man! Some people like me and wife who get based everywhere only have pets , so there like our kids!
camaroboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 AM   #27
On The Tree

Guy across the street from me has two bird dogs that he keeps in a pen; when he's not home they used to bark constantly. Most of the neighbors including me have tried talking to him and he is a *******. He was the first to build a house in the neighborhood and has a sense of entitlement.

I know that he hates loud cars, so I used to wait for when he would go to bed, or open his windows in the spring and I would free rev my race car in the driveway. Sometimes the other neighbors would come over and hang out with me when I did it.

After a few times he got the idea and now has bark collars on them when he's not home.
Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #28
TECH Resident

My nieghbors dogs bark constantly when they are outside. Great people, their dogs are inside dogs. So when they bark they bring them back inside. But when they are out, they bark all the damn time. I will usually go outside to make them bark so the owners will bring them back inside. HAHA. He is a retired cop and I have told him I am gonna get them some shock collars for x-mas.
cambirdracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #29
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6898camaross View Post
My next door neighbor that had a dog that barked all night cause he worked nights well I warned him several times he didnt do anything and finally I killed it he didn't say anything to me but he knows it was me
******* retarded.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #30
TECH Senior Member

Airsoft gun to the side everytime you walk outside will get him to be quiet.
01ssreda4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #31
Staging Lane

Def go talk to them first. If it only happens when their not home, how the hell do they know there is even an issue?

As to the killing and feeding roofied ground beef suggestions, I'm gonna try that on the neighbors kids who feel the need to use my lawn as their playground.
98F-1camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #32
On the tree

Talk to the neighbor is my vote as well. It is the adult thing to do and the correct way to handle it before going the route of formal complaints.

and the poster that said he killed his neighbors dog, please pray I never find out who you are and that you live in my state. I will use every resource I have with any LEO contact I know to make sure you spend some time in jail.

As said be glad it was not my dog, you would of have begged me to stop beating you. I value my dogs life more than people like you.
Sneakyws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #33
TECH Junkie

lol, this thread is bringing out the crazies... The people that assassinate their neighbors' pets, and the people that will kill anyone if someone looks at their puppy the wrong way... We got people poisoning animals, and we got people whose wife probably sits in the backseat and their dog in the front.

This **** is hilarious.

OP, it's awkward as hell maybe, but you have to talk to your neighbors first... It's the opportunity you would like to have yourself if the roles were reversed.
bboyferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #34
TECH Apprentice

Toss a Hershy bar over their fence.

No but really just confront them about it and if they don't take action report them to the association and the police.
CHADsterss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #35
TECH Fanatic

I hate awkward situations and confrontation to be honest but I worked up the ***** and walked over there when I saw one of them was home. I said, "I'm not sure if you guys know but when you aren't home your dog barks non-stop for hours. When we are in our living room all we hear is dog barking all day." She said she had no idea this was happening and that she would talk to her husband and said it wasn't ok that her dog was barking and that she would do the same thing as us. About 30 min later a knock at our door and it was her. She said she talked to her husband and they are getting a dog collar immediately and to please let her know if we hear any barking while they are away.
TheBlueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #36
TECH Resident

That almost seemed to easy.
cambirdracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #37
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight View Post
I hate awkward situations and confrontation to be honest but I worked up the ***** and walked over there when I saw one of them was home. I said, "I'm not sure if you guys know but when you aren't home your dog barks non-stop for hours. When we are in our living room all we hear is dog barking all day." She said she had no idea this was happening and that she would talk to her husband and said it wasn't ok that her dog was barking and that she would do the same thing as us. About 30 min later a knock at our door and it was her. She said she talked to her husband and they are getting a dog collar immediately and to please let her know if we hear any barking while they are away.
There ya go man. Like I said, they had no idea.

Congrats on handling it the right way.
98F-1camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #38
TECH Fanatic

I had an ******* ****** of a neighbor that I asked several times to keep his dog from shitting in my yard, we lived in a two family duplex ...******..drunk redneck would just open his front door and let his older than dirt Doberman wander around and **** where ever.. Any time I needed to go out to the car at night I would step in that ******* dog ****, everytime I would take my 4 year old son outside to play he would get it on himself.. I started shoveling it up and chucking it against his front door and porch so he HAD to deal with it.. Landlord even did it a couple times .. Glad that old diahrea having ****** of a Doberman finally died. I also work in a profession where I'm stepping in dogshit all day. Some people literally have a turd on every square foot of their disgusting yards.. (you know who you are!) clean that **** up people! Because of this I am anti animals for life.. **** dealing with animal/ DOGSHIT!!!

Last edited by defaultexistence; 12-14-2011 at 01:11 PM.
defaultexistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #39
TECH Fanatic

Threads like this keep me coming back....funny ****.
BrntWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
TECH Fanatic

Write a letter and put it in their mail box stating the situation. If that does not cure the problem go to the association or police about it. Try to keep it non personal so they dont take recourse on you.
180ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote