Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before? - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #41
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
Write a letter and put it in their mail box stating the situation. If that does not cure the problem go to the association or police about it. Try to keep it non personal so they dont take recourse on you.
read his comment a couple above yours. he handled it accordingly.

Last edited by 98F-1camaro; 12-14-2011 at 01:24 PM.
98F-1camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
Launching!

I have the exact same problem. There is a house two down from mine that has always been a rental. Every person that has lived there in the last 5 years has had a barking dog....2 of them were evicted and the third is probably gonna get a letter from me this week. It is very annoying...
Moter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #43
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultexistence View Post
I had an ******* ****** of a neighbor that I asked several times to keep his dog from shitting in my yard, we lived in a two family duplex ...******..drunk redneck would just open his front door and let his older than dirt Doberman wander around and **** where ever.. Any time I needed to go out to the car at night I would step in that ******* dog ****, everytime I would take my 4 year old son outside to play he would get it on himself.. I started shoveling it up and chucking it against his front door and porch so he HAD to deal with it.. Landlord even did it a couple times .. Glad that old diahrea having ****** of a Doberman finally died. I also work in a profession where I'm stepping in dogshit all day. Some people literally have a turd on every square foot of their disgusting yards.. (you know who you are!) clean that **** up people! Because of this I am anti animals for life.. **** dealing with animal/ DOGSHIT!!!
Back on topic , I also can't stand yapping *** damn dogs ..
Sir barksalot lived next to Sir crapsalot..
defaultexistence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #44
TECH Junkie

We had a neighbor across the street who would just let her dog wander outside all day and this was before we put up our fence, so I would let my dog outside in the yard, and even though he would stay put and do his business in our yard, the neighbors dog would run over and antagonize him. We talked to them about it because they would have to come out and get their dog, but they still kept letting him out.

Then I just called animal control and told them. They came out and talked to them, and they never did it again. After that, they would put him on a leash and walk him around.

If it came down to it, I would have went to HOA as well. That is what I spend my money on, and I am sure if I was acting like an ***, someone would go complain about me too.

OP - it is good that you have nice/considerate neighbors. It sucks to have ******** that live around you.
99FormulaM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #45
Banned

Talking

+1 kill the dog.

-LOL j/k
xFLG KING PIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #46
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLG KING PIN View Post
+1 kill the dog.

-LOL j/k
This wasn't funny the first time let alone the 10th
Damillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #47
Launching!

Good to hear your neighbor was cool about it. Let us know if that solves the problem.
cranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #48
TECH Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6898camaross View Post
My next door neighbor that had a dog that barked all night cause he worked nights well I warned him several times he didnt do anything and finally I killed it he didn't say anything to me but he knows it was me
DiscerningZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:03 AM   #49
Teching In

i know this is old but can you tell me how you killed it??
nitrouspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #50
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeless416 View Post
try handling it yourself first like an adult.. meaning go talk to the owners and tell them it is driving you and all the neighbors crazy. give it a week and if it continues then go to the HOA. if you tell on them right away then your relationship will turn very awkward.

edit: stuff like the above post is just sick. i don't know how people like that can live with themselves. must not be a dog owner.
Exactly, just be polite and don't threaten right off the bat. Maybe recommend a bark collar.

A little bit of communication can often go a long way.
thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #51
TECH Apprentice

Had a neighbor with a dog that was really well behaved, really never barked unless there was a reason (He hated meth-heads) He'd bark at them and ignore everybody else.. But one neighbor had 4 cats, and one of them a big white fluffy one would come over every morning about 7 when they let them out and sit right on the other side of the fence and torment the dog... So I bought one of those live traps and left my garage door open about 1' with the trap between the cars with some tuna in it. Took about 2 days he finally went in. I filled a garbage can full of water and mixed in a bunch of cherry Koolaid. then waited till I heard her calling the cats(Way more annoying than a barking dog) to put them back in.. Dunked the trap and the cat in the Koolaid and turned him loose... He went home at warp seven soaking wet with red Koolaid and I heard the scream when he ran in the house... Sounded like a rodeo , never saw the cats outside again.. Oh and the cats were also responsible for several long scratches on the front fenders of my Black BMW I owned at the time...

Last edited by pdxmotorhead; 02-24-2017 at 10:11 AM.
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #52
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
one neighbor had 4 cats, and one of them a big white fluffy one would come over every morning about 7 when they let them out and sit right on the other side of the fence and torment the dog... So I bought one of those live traps and left my garage door open about 1' with the trap between the cars with some tuna in it. Took about 2 days he finally went in. I filled a garbage can full of water and mixed in a bunch of cherry Koolaid. then waited till I heard her calling the cats(Way more annoying than a barking dog) to put them back in.. Dunked the trap and the cat in the Koolaid and turned him loose... He went home at warp seven soaking wet with red Koolaid and I heard the scream when he ran in the house... Sounded like a rodeo , never saw the cats outside again.. Oh and the cats were also responsible for several long scratches on the front fenders of my Black BMW I owned at the time...
this is genius at work.

i got a neighbor who has 2 dogs and 2 cats. love'em. i have 2 dogs myself and dont mind the zoo that conglomerates in my yard. the other neighbor...not so much. they have a smooshed faced furry dog thats older and constantly pissed off. we just moved in about a month ago but whats different about this one (than the other neighbors animals) is it thinks this is its property. it will chill out out on the porch right infront of our door and on our back patio. all my attempts to pet him get responded with that curled faced "ima **** you up" attitude. just watchin him react to an approach by me or my wife you can tell that its not nervous, it just hates people.

my issue is my 8 yo daughter who wants to love everything thats on 4 legs. we have warned her plenty to stay the hell away from that one. im thinking that ill have to talk to the owner but i dont think that ill get a warm response. theyre an elderly couple that dont seem to hospitable to the new family on the street (maybe because i "took" their nephews house?) ill try the diplomatic approach first. but if it keeps on and nips my daughter its weapons free.
TheUrbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #53
Douchebag On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrouspaul View Post
i know this is old but can you tell me how you killed it??
With kindness. Don't hurt animals.
justin455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #54
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
But one neighbor had 4 cats, and one of them a big white fluffy one would come over every morning about 7 when they let them out and sit right on the other side of the fence and torment the dog... So I bought one of those live traps and left my garage door open about 1' with the trap between the cars with some tuna in it. Took about 2 days he finally went in. I filled a garbage can full of water and mixed in a bunch of cherry Koolaid. then waited till I heard her calling the cats(Way more annoying than a barking dog) to put them back in.. Dunked the trap and the cat in the Koolaid and turned him loose... He went home at warp seven soaking wet with red Koolaid and I heard the scream when he ran in the house... Sounded like a rodeo , never saw the cats outside again.. Oh and the cats were also responsible for several long scratches on the front fenders of my Black BMW I owned at the time...

-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #55
TECH Fanatic

My neighbor now has two little **** dogs and if they are outside they are barking non stop and at all hours, I have been awaken by them from 11pm to 5am many, many times. And it's not just for 5 minutes (which would still be rude) this goes on for 30 minutes at least or until they are let inside. I have asked her to do something about it and she looks at me like a zombie and says " I don't know what to do." Tried the cops a few times but the ******* never show.

They are mean little bastards too, one of them went after my 7 year old son because it got out of their fence. Luckily I was looking out my office window and I was able to get in front of the dog before he could get to him. I told the bitch if her dog bit either of my kids I was going to kick it until it was dead. At this point I would have no problem with poison meatballs.
BrntWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 PM   #56
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
My neighbor now has two little **** dogs and if they are outside they are barking non stop and at all hours, I have been awaken by them from 11pm to 5am many, many times. And it's not just for 5 minutes (which would still be rude) this goes on for 30 minutes at least or until they are let inside. I have asked her to do something about it and she looks at me like a zombie and says " I don't know what to do." Tried the cops a few times but the ******* never show.

They are mean little bastards too, one of them went after my 7 year old son because it got out of their fence. Luckily I was looking out my office window and I was able to get in front of the dog before he could get to him. I told the bitch if her dog bit either of my kids I was going to kick it until it was dead. At this point I would have no problem with poison meatballs.
You necromancer *****. Lol
SouthernRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #57
TECH Apprentice

Oh and FWIW if you have a dog that you would like someone to keep in and not let it run the neighborhood, just catch it, and a quick spray of white and red Hair color in the form of a bulls-eye seems to keep them at home...
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote