Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic

Default Anyone dealt with a neighbor's barking dog before?

Eh, I'm at my wits end. We live in a nice neighborhood, been here about two years, and off and on the house across the street has a dog in the back yard that barks occasionally. Well, a few months ago their house was broken into so I think they got really scared and now instead of the guy taking the dog to work with him everyday, they leave the dog home all day and the freaking dog barks ALL DAY. Then when they are gone at night he barks ALL NIGHT. I've finally reached a point where I can't take it anymore. I was at home with my wife and one year old and we had to go hang out in our bedroom and shut all the doors just to keep our sanity. I told my wife if that dog barks one more night I'm doing something and what do you know...

[youtube]Ae1RqACz-VQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Have any of you guys dealt with this before? Either had a neighbor who had a barking dog or been the person with the barking dog? I don't know whether I should "tattle tell" on them to the association which has rules against barking dogs, or confront them. They are nice people but what if I tell them and they just say, "oh sorry about that". And then the dog just keeps barking? Then if I go to the Association after that they will know it was us and could possibly retaliate, where if I go straight to the association it will be annonymous. Don't know what to do...
TheBlueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast

If you live within the incorporated limits of a city, you may wish to find out if that city has any noise ordinances. Many of those ordinances include nuisance barking. After a few citations, the owner will start to get tired of the "added cost" of dog ownership.....
Dan Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
TECH Regular

go to the association first then if that doesnt fix it...well, you know what to do

then

msydow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
TECH Enthusiast

My next door neighbor that had a dog that barked all night cause he worked nights well I warned him several times he didnt do anything and finally I killed it he didn't say anything to me but he knows it was me
6898camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
Staging Lane

try handling it yourself first like an adult.. meaning go talk to the owners and tell them it is driving you and all the neighbors crazy. give it a week and if it continues then go to the HOA. if you tell on them right away then your relationship will turn very awkward.

edit: stuff like the above post is just sick. i don't know how people like that can live with themselves. must not be a dog owner.
Pipeless416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
11 Second Club

I would give the owner a chance to correct it before you go to the association and file a complaint. Make sure that you inform him/her that if the problem is not corrected, than you will file a complaint, otherwise, they might not take you seriously.
Tim94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

Just try talking to them. If they are decent enough people they will do something about it. Have any other neighbors said anything to them yet?
'00_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
TECH Regular

^^^^^^^^^ha ha ha.
my neighbor has three yappin *** dogs that
bark everytime we go outside OUR house. i shoot
them with a pellet gun everytime i go outside. its
pretty relieving. i enjoy it. stupid yappin *** dogs.
a good dog is one thing, but these are useless mutts.
msydow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by msydow View Post
^^^^^^^^^ha ha ha.
my neighbor has three yappin *** dogs that
bark everytime we go outside OUR house. i shoot
them with a pellet gun everytime i go outside
. its
pretty relieving. i enjoy it. stupid yappin *** dogs.
a good dog is one thing, but these are useless mutts.
Hmmm, I wonder why they bark at you?
Tim94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
TECH Fanatic

Wow there are some real class acts here..
'00_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Staging Lane

I just had a similar problem. Neighbor's dogs were digging under my fence...long story short went and talked to the guy, and he corrected the problem. Go talk to your neighbor, be an adult about it, and give them a chance to rectify the problem.
Polynikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #12
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6898camaross View Post
My next door neighbor that had a dog that barked all night cause he worked nights well I warned him several times he didnt do anything and finally I killed it he didn't say anything to me but he knows it was me

I hope this isnt a serious post. You did that **** to any of my dogs barking or not I wouldn't hesitate to return the favor to you
slackerr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #13
TECH Enthusiast

I know how you feel... I have a neighbor that let's her dog out every saturday morning at like 7 A.M. and I sleep with my window open so I don't need to run A/C in the summer and it wakes me up every saturday and I have to shut my window and go back to bed... So annoying!!!
703 CAMAROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #14
Staging Lane

Hahahahaha some of these post make me rofl
bandit1transam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #15
TECH Senior Member

Talk to the neighbor, if that doesnt work talk to the association. Dont take it out on the dog its not their fault. Hell waht would you do if you got locked outside all the time. If anyone ever messed with my dog, I would have the dog dig the hole to bury their body in.
itsslow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:09 AM   #16
Launching!

Like stated above, not the dogs fault, I don't think I could ever bring myself to hurting a dog unless life or death. I would confront them then take further action if nothing is done
Arctic_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
TECH Resident

the problem is, there isnt much you can do about it. We have the same problem with the neighbors behind us and we spend a lot of time on our back deck. My father and i have gone over to the house, rang to the doorbell and asked them multiple times to bring the dog in and keep it from barking outside. But sooner or later the dog has to go out and its going to bark and the owner will probably forget its out there. We have called the cops a few times (we dont like to waste their time but sometimes it gets bad) and they get a noise violation which is a nice fine.
NeedaV8foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #18
TECH Senior Member

Give it an ambien. he will either shut the hell up shortly (and if youre lucky permanently), or he will trip ***** all night and **** any dog near him, or bark even worse at the purple elephants taking a dump on his dog house.
Tainted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #19
TECH Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
Give it an ambien. he will either shut the hell up shortly (and if youre lucky permanently), or he will trip ***** all night and **** any dog near him, or bark even worse at the purple elephants taking a dump on his dog house.
lmfao
WS6SP33D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:53 AM   #20
TECH Addict

just take some ground beef and put 4 or 5 benedryl in it... it wont hurt him just put him to sleep for a while..I do it to my neighbors dog about once a week...
ANTICOP RAM AIR is offline   Reply With Quote