R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER Dead at 49 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices

R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER Dead at 49

Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unhappy R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER Dead at 49

Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Village Idiot

Liver failure caused his death is what I'm reading.. 50 years old...

Tells me he was heavily chugging back the sauce. Rock stars party hard... Something is bound to give if you don't start to slow down at age 50.....

Ozzy being the only exception as he certainly burned the candle at both ends up to that age...

While he is almost brain dead and slurs his speech today, his aging body just keeps chugging along with no real health problems.... According to Ozzy his 10 to 15 glasses of tea daly is the secret to his continued strong health... Could be just because he's like flushing his system daily with non toxic fluids like water or tea which really helps the liver and other organs to recover is my best guess with Ozzy...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-02-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Tells me he was heavily chugging back the sauce. Rock stars party hard... Something is bound to give if you don't start to slow down at age 50.....

Ozzy being the only exception... While almost brain dead, his aging body just keeps chugging along.. According to Ozzy his 10 to 15 glasses of tea is the secret to his continued strong health...
Yeah I was just saying, in another forum, that our/my Metal idles are getting up there in age and they need to realize that and slow down. But that's what being METAL is all about; partying hard and dying fast!

I just wish I didn't miss the last show that came through
Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Ozzy being the only exception as he certainly burned the candle at both ends up to that age...

While he is almost brain dead and slurs his speech today, his aging body just keeps chugging along with no real health problems.... According to Ozzy his 10 to 15 glasses of tea daly is the secret to his continued strong health... Could be just because he's like flushing his system daily with non toxic fluids like water or tea which really helps the liver and other organs to recover is my best guess with Ozzy...
He got bitten by a spider and had necrotizing fascitis for the last 2 years with a lot of complications im guessing that had a lot to do with it.

RIP hes probably shredding with dio and the basist from slipknot.

Slayer is my favorite band, ive seen them at least 5-6 times. Sucks
Old 05-02-2013, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine too, Daniel. He definitely drank a lot, but you don't know if the antibiotics for the necrosis or the pain medicine or the drug use or the drinking did him in. I'm sure it's a mix of both, but it still sucks.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just think of how Lady Gaga and marilyn Manson are gonna die lmfao
Old 05-02-2013, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
He got bitten by a spider and had necrotizing fascitis for the last 2 years with a lot of complications im guessing that had a lot to do with it.

RIP hes probably shredding with dio and the basist from slipknot.

Slayer is my favorite band, ive seen them at least 5-6 times. Sucks
With Clive Burr, from Maiden, on drums

Oh... and lets not forget the MAN... Dime Bag Darrell...!

Last edited by RONIN LSX; 05-02-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tainted View Post
Just think of how Lady Gaga and marilyn Manson are gonna die lmfao
I like Lady Gaga, but as for Warner, Mehhh... who cares! I knew him back in the day in South Florida, we all knew the say peeps.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks man, I'm happy I got to see them live at least
Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Me too! Got to see them once back in 92. Don't know if they'll get a stand in for Bloodstock, they're supposed to be headlining on the Sunday. http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/events/boa-2013/stages
Old 05-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Launching!

This really sucks
Luckily I saw them live just two years ago. I will today blast some Slayer albums!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

R.I.P., legend.
I can't listen to Slayer now due to discretion issues but I'll jam all of their albums this weekend.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

I saw them at mayhem last year, and in 08, and in 01 IIRC (Pantera played also at Ozzfest whatever year that one was, I was hammered at the time)... also on the big 4 tour, and a couple other times once in Germany while I was stationed there. They were undoubtedly the best of the big 4 IMO.

Again, RIP. They already have a stand in, Gary Holt from Exodus has been playing with them since Jeff got bitten.

I wonder what's gonna happen, Dave Lombardo is out of the band... I hope it isn't the end for them.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX View Post
With Clive Burr, from Maiden, on drums

Oh... and lets not forget the MAN... Dime Bag Darrell...!
I'm lucky I got to see Pantera before they split I cant believe I forgot to include Dime in there.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bummer. RIP
Old 05-03-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bummer. RIP
Old 05-03-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah Ozzy is nothing compared to Keith Richards lol...

Damn well may he shred it up with the best of them. Not as bad as The Rev passing, hell he was only 2 or 3 years older than me I think he was 27/28 when he passed, thats just nuts.

Party hard enough and it will come back.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
I saw them at mayhem last year, and in 08, and in 01 IIRC (Pantera played also at Ozzfest whatever year that one was, I was hammered at the time)... also on the big 4 tour, and a couple other times once in Germany while I was stationed there. They were undoubtedly the best of the big 4 IMO.

Again, RIP. They already have a stand in, Gary Holt from Exodus has been playing with them since Jeff got bitten.

I wonder what's gonna happen, Dave Lombardo is out of the band... I hope it isn't the end for them.
Before Jeff died Kerry intended to go forward with touring and the album, with him basically doing all the writing. Which was a bummer, since IMHO his writing is **** compared to Jeff's.

As the guy from Machine Head was quoted when sharing Hanneman memories:
Me: 'Who wrote 'Angel Of Death'?'
Jeff: 'I did'
Me: 'Lyrics too?'
Jeff: 'Yep'
Me: 'Raining Blood'?'
Jeff: 'Me'
Me: 'Dead Skin Mask'?'
Me: 'South Of Heaven'?'
Jeff: 'Me'
Me: 'Black Magic'?'
Jeff: 'You know it'
Me: 'Hell Awaits'?'
Old 05-03-2013, 05:25 PM
11 Second Club

ugh so shitty i have like 12 slayer shirts, ill be wearing them the next week or so. I was so bummed out. slayer is my favorite, happy I saw them before he went...
Old 05-03-2013, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan View Post
ugh so shitty i have like 12 slayer shirts, ill be wearing them the next week or so. I was so bummed out. slayer is my favorite, happy I saw them before he went...
Yeah, Im happy Ive seen them so many times over the years; They always put on a helluva a show. Pretty much only Kerry King and Tom now though for original members. I actually liked Bostaph drumming better than I did Lombardo it will be interesting to see who they get to replace him. Gary Holt has been doing an awesome job filling in for Jeff.

I agree that Kerry sucks at writing compared to Jeff, their newest album I didn't really care for as much. Plus Kerry is kind of arrogant.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman of SLAYER Dead at 49

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: