Notices

Not a fan of the new Mustang styling

Old 12-06-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It isn't so much that I dislike the design in of itself as it isn't a bad looking car,but it just looks too much like other Ford cars. That's really the only issue I have with it. It has lost a lot of its uniqueness compared to the rest of the Ford lineup.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
It isn't so much that I dislike the design in of itself as it isn't a bad looking car,but it just looks too much like other Ford cars. That's really the only issue I have with it. It has lost a lot of its uniqueness compared to the rest of the Ford lineup.
You and everybody else.

I like it. I think I've liked the mustang since maybe the old 4 eyed fox body garbage. Wtf were they supposed to do with the styling? Make it look like a Ferrari? People would complain. Make it look the same as the previous model? People would complain. Maybe they should have modeled it after a 4th gen f body

Unfortunately for car manufacturers/designers, it seems like what used to be an exciting/anticipated event full of oohs and ahhs, new model releases are now just a **** ton of Internet critics making worn out memes and saying how much they hate the world.

Last edited by 'WHEELS'; 12-06-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 'WHEELS' View Post
You and everybody else.

I like it. I think I've liked the mustang since maybe the old 4 eyed fox body garbage. Wtf were they supposed to do with the styling? Make it look like a Ferrari? People would complain. Make it look the same as the previous model? People would complain. Maybe they should have modeled it after a 4th gen f body

Unfortunately for car manufacturers/designers, it seems like what used to be an exciting/anticipated event full of oohs and ahhs, new model releases are now just a **** ton of Internet critics making worn out memes and saying how much they hate the world.
Maybe.... not make it look like other cars? You know, new designs like they've done in the past that generated oohs and ahhs?

:shrug:
Old 12-06-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You and everybody else.

This.

I believe the thought process of most in this thread is:

"This car is probably going to make my car look like a massive piece of crap on all fronts inside and out AND run away from a new Camaro SS in a drag race...I hate it! What about it can I make fun of? Hmmmm. I know! I will say it looks like a BRZ and other current coupes!"

So many fan-boys in here.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Maybe.... not make it look like other cars? You know, new designs like they've done in the past that generated oohs and ahhs?

:shrug:
No matter what it looks like, people will find a way to complain.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No matter what it looks like, people will find a way to complain.
The Corvette purists are probably the worst in this department. I personally just don't like the looks of the car. It's not ugly, but it's definitely not attractive lol
Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

I like it, but I really don't like the current styling at all so anything is an improvement.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

I think i like this 2015 mustang better......

Old 12-06-2013, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Old 12-06-2013, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
This.

I believe the thought process of most in this thread is:

"This car is probably going to make my car look like a massive piece of crap on all fronts inside and out AND run away from a new Camaro SS in a drag race...I hate it! What about it can I make fun of? Hmmmm. I know! I will say it looks like a BRZ and other current coupes!"

So many fan-boys in here.
Why is it that in any mustang related thread you show up to post to make sure the mustang is defended?
This is LS1tech, do you honestly expect everyone to have the same opinion on the mustang as svtforums? Its the rival car, people are going to poke fun/troll about it whether or not it deserves it. You may just need to grow up and get over it.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JD_AMG View Post
Why is it that in any mustang related thread you show up to post to make sure the mustang is defended?
This is LS1tech, do you honestly expect everyone to have the same opinion on the mustang as svtforums? Its the rival car, people are going to poke fun/troll about it whether or not it deserves it. You may just need to grow up and get over it.
You must be "that guy" which I am refering to.

I would do / have done the same thing in a Ford forum when the select fan boys come trashing their main competitor (Chevrolet Camaro) as if it is totally inferior .
Old 12-06-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Rival car...cant get more 12 year old than that. Im muscle car enthusiast, love cars and thank God I do not think in those immature terms. I do not care if it is Ford, GM or Dodge, if it is muscle am on it. Seeing all this butt hurt fools tells me something...Ford is doing the right thing.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Rival car...cant get more 12 year old than that. Im muscle car enthusiast, love cars and thank God I do not think in those immature terms. I do not care if it is Ford, GM or Dodge, if it is muscle am on it. Seeing all this butt hurt fools tells me something...Ford is doing the right thing.
Hear hear.

Last edited by -Ross-; 12-06-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I find it amusing how butt hurt some of you guys are that some people don't like the car

Last I checked rivalry isn't some 12 year old stuff either. But whatever.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

This is getting ridiculous. The new Mustang screams Mustang no matter how you look at it.

Look at the roofline. Its there and has been for the last 40 years. Its a modern interpretation of the classic look. Calling it a Honda its ******* stupid. If anything then Honda took cues from Ford. Car is good looking, shows a natural progression of its design and looks much better that the lousy pig GM brought back and called Camaro.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I find it amusing how butt hurt some of you guys are that some people don't like the car

Last I checked rivalry isn't some 12 year old stuff either. But whatever.
Rivalry has always been stupid specially regarding senseless fanboys. I enjoy all cars as long as it is american iron from classics to muscle to modern.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

This^^^

Everyone here has an opinion. It doesn't mean they are right or wrong. I personally think that car is super ugly. I like the previous model. I think that car looks great especially the boss 302. It's amazing the support this new mustang is getting on a GM based site though. Wonder what it's like for GMs on the ford forums. I mean Chaman and Ross you guys are acting like just because it's an American car that we should all like it and go back to saying how dumb hondas are. If you like the car that's fine but don't fault me or call me a fanboy because I don't like it. I also highly doubt this
"This car is probably going to make my car look like a massive piece of crap on all fronts inside and out AND run away from a new Camaro SS in a drag race...I hate it! What about it can I make fun of? Hmmmm. I know! I will say it looks like a BRZ and other current coupes!" was a thought for anybody.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Z28Mayhem View Post
This^^^

Everyone here has an opinion. It doesn't mean they are right or wrong. I personally think that car is super ugly. I like the previous model. I think that car looks great especially the boss 302. It's amazing the support this new mustang is getting on a GM based site though. Wonder what it's like for GMs on the ford forums. I mean Chaman and Ross you guys are acting like just because it's an American car that we should all like it and go back to saying how dumb hondas are. If you like the car that's fine but don't fault be or call me a fanboy because I don't like it.
Jesus....support? Im not supporting anything. I have an opinion, Whats amazing? That a couple of guys like he car? What amazing about that? I like the car not because is american, I like it because of its drivetrain and how nice it looks been a modern muscle car.

I never said Hondas are dumb. Whats dumb is comparing this car to a Honda in a silly effort or proving how right you are. Look at the pics and tell me the car does not scream Mustang. It does.

I dont get that frame of mind of us vs them. There is no us in my view. They are cars for us to enjoy. Simple as that.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Yeah, rivalries are pretty ******* stupid. Who needs competition to make better products anyways?

What a dumb ******* statement.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Jesus....support? Im not supporting anything. I have an opinion, Whats amazing? That a couple of guys like he car? What amazing about that? I like the car not because is american, I like it because of its drivetrain and how nice it looks been a modern muscle car.

I never said Hondas are dumb. Whats dumb is comparing this car to a Honda in a silly effort or proving how right you are. Look at the pics and tell me the car does not scream Mustang. It does.

I dont get that frame of mind of us vs them. There is no us in my view. They are cars for us to enjoy. Simple as that.
First off Honda was just a name I throw in there. Not as anything specific. Was just the first import I thought of. Second this is exactly was you said. "I do not care if it is Ford, GM or Dodge, if it is muscle am on it." Your very demeanor and what you have said, to me at least, seems that because it's an American car or "muscle car" you like it(Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong). Both you and Ross have made statements about how the people that don't like it are "wrong" in a sense. You are exactly right though in what you and I both said. It's an OPINION and the memes are just funny bullshit to make people giggle. Not a personal attack on anyone. Some like it some don't. It is what it is. No need in anyone defending or attacking the opinions of others.

Oh and when I said "It's amazing the support this new mustang is getting on a GM based site though. Wonder what it's like for GMs on the ford forums." it wasn't to you specifically. That was just a general statement.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not a fan of the new Mustang styling

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: