Notices

Not a fan of the new Mustang styling

 
Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 PM
  #81  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
NW-99SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: AB, Canada
Posts: 1,088
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Rival car...cant get more 12 year old than that. Im muscle car enthusiast, love cars and thank God I do not think in those immature terms. I do not care if it is Ford, GM or Dodge, if it is muscle am on it. Seeing all this butt hurt fools tells me something...Ford is doing the right thing.
Couldn't agree more. Looks will always be subjective.

Not a lot to be surprised about with the new Stang, you knew they would up the power (5.0 Boss showed the potential in stock form), and the cut in curb weight has been floating around for a long time.

This is the best automotive rivalry period. Each company pushing the limits to get an edge on each other making their cars continually better. I am very much looking forward to the performance numbers of this new Mustang and how GM reacts with the 6th gen.
NW-99SS is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:25 PM
  #82  
***Repost Police***
 
Irunelevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 2,482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
This is getting ridiculous. The new Mustang screams Mustang no matter how you look at it.

1967



2015



Look at the roofline. Its there and has been for the last 40 years. Its a modern interpretation of the classic look. Calling it a Honda its ******* stupid. If anything then Honda took cues from Ford. Car is good looking, shows a natural progression of its design and looks much better that the lousy pig GM brought back and called Camaro.
How dare you post something that makes sense!! That car obviously looks nothing like the Mustangs of yester-year, totally stole styling hints from the new Civic Si sedan...
Irunelevens is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  #83  
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
chaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,403
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Irunelevens View Post
How dare you post something that makes sense!! That car obviously looks nothing like the Mustangs of yester-year, totally stole styling hints from the new Civic Si sedan...
Well...common sense seems to lacking around here lately.
chaman is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 PM
  #84  
On The Tree
 
Colesitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 140
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Well...common sense seems to lacking around here lately.
Because everyone who doesn't think like you is an idiot with no common sense right?
Colesitzy is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM
  #85  
***Repost Police***
 
Irunelevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 2,482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If the shoe fits...
Irunelevens is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 07:21 PM
  #86  
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (2)
 
-Ross-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Houston/Alvin, TX
Posts: 3,828
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Colesitzy View Post
Because everyone who doesn't think like you is an idiot with no common sense right?
No. Just you.
-Ross- is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 PM
  #87  
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
chaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,403
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Exactly^^^
chaman is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:05 PM
  #88  
Kleeborp the Moderator™
iTrader: (11)
 
MeentSS02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 10,322
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
No. Just you.
Treed.
MeentSS02 is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:09 PM
  #89  
TECH Veteran
 
TriShield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ Hometown: Aberdeen, SD
Posts: 4,231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
This is getting ridiculous. The new Mustang screams Mustang no matter how you look at it.

1967

2015

Look at the roofline. Its there and has been for the last 40 years. Its a modern interpretation of the classic look. Calling it a Honda its ******* stupid. If anything then Honda took cues from Ford. Car is good looking, shows a natural progression of its design and looks much better that the lousy pig GM brought back and called Camaro.
It vaguely looks like the 1960s original, much less so than the prior model which was probably the best styled Mustang ever next to the originals.

The 2015 looks much more closely resembles several modern coupes on the market today than it does a classic Mustang by not just the lower shape but also it's face. The most Mustang-looking part of the car is the rear now, it's a shame the rest of it doesn't match.

If you took the badges off or put another automaker's badge on it normal people would mistake it for any number of cars. Most people online are seeing it and that's why the car is catching so much flack.
TriShield is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:20 PM
  #90  
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
chaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,403
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Lets agree to disagree then. Besides from the face, the rest is Mustang. Sidelines, rooflines and back. Thats like 70% resemblance and 30% modern. But whatever. Lets see what will be GM response.
chaman is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 PM
  #91  
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
silverWS.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: OKC
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I just personally hate the front end, the headlights look like they just grabbed the edge and peeled them backwards. I really like the rear quarter panels, they kinda look like a widebody. In fact I like it from above the front tire and back. I also think the rear looks good, its just that Fusion front and those nasty headlights that I can't get over.
silverWS.6 is offline  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:50 PM
  #92  
TECH Regular
 
sick_tight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 445
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Colesitzy View Post
Because everyone who doesn't think like you is an idiot with no common sense right?
i have to agree with you colezitzy on this one

Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Lets agree to disagree then. Besides from the face, the rest is Mustang. Sidelines, rooflines and back. Thats like 70% resemblance and 30% modern. But whatever. Lets see what will be GM response.
completely subjective. to-may-to, to-mah-to.

just because someone doesnt see 70% of the resemblance you see doesnt mean we are GM fanboys hating on the new mustang.
sick_tight is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 12:02 AM
  #93  
TECH Veteran
iTrader: (5)
 
chaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,403
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
I just personally hate the front end, the headlights look like they just grabbed the edge and peeled them backwards. I really like the rear quarter panels, they kinda look like a widebody. In fact I like it from above the front tire and back. I also think the rear looks good, its just that Fusion front and those nasty headlights that I can't get over.
I agree. The front end is controversial. I think that when more trim packages are offered the face will blend better. The convertible looks sweet though.

chaman is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 12:48 AM
  #94  
TECH Veteran
 
TriShield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ Hometown: Aberdeen, SD
Posts: 4,231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That convertible photo is a good example. If the back wasn't styled like a Mustang and the badges were taken off it could be virtually any other car. That's the issue with it.

The prior car didn't have that problem because it was, well, styled much closer to a classic Mustang than the new one.

Yes, the roofline resembles the originals, but not close enough that it's unmistakable. It closely resembles several other cars that are already on the market and have been for years.
TriShield is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 02:24 AM
  #95  
***Repost Police***
 
Irunelevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 2,482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The previous cars didn't "look like Mustangs" when they were introduced either. They were something totally new, often far more of a departure than this car.
Irunelevens is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 04:20 AM
  #96  
TECH Veteran
 
TriShield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ Hometown: Aberdeen, SD
Posts: 4,231
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Irunelevens View Post
The previous cars didn't "look like Mustangs" when they were introduced either. They were something totally new, often far more of a departure than this car.
2005-2014 most certainly did look like proper Mustangs, finally.

The models before that, yeah, not so much. Ford would be wise not to do that ever again.

This car is like a Mini, any Mini has to look like a Mini. Or a Porsche 911. Or the Jeep Wrangler and the CJ before it, the styling has always been the same since WWII. Or even the Viper, which is a modern icon and has it's specific look.
TriShield is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:59 AM
  #97  
***Repost Police***
 
Irunelevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 2,482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TriShield View Post
2005-2014 most certainly did look like proper Mustangs, finally.

The models before that, yeah, not so much. Ford would be wise not to do that ever again.

This car is like a Mini, any Mini has to look like a Mini. Or a Porsche 911. Or the Jeep Wrangler and the CJ before it, the styling has always been the same since WWII. Or even the Viper, which is a modern icon and has it's specific look.
What? The Foxbody and SN95 cars MURDERED in sales. This honestly sounds like when the 996 came out. "It looks too much like a Boxster!," "It's WATER-COOLED now!?" And yet people bought it in droves, and it was the best 911 to date. I think in 6-12 months, many of the same people who are complaining about it will change their mind, at least to some extent. I absolutely HATED the '99 Mustang when it came out, I thought Ford destroyed the SN95. Obviously that changed.
Irunelevens is offline  
Old 12-07-2013, 03:10 PM
  #98  
On The Tree
iTrader: (1)
 
'WHEELS''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 182
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

If that car was completely badge-less and you couldn't tell it was a mustang, you're a ******* idiot. It's not as generic as you guys are making it out to be.
'WHEELS' is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 07:21 AM
  #99  
Launching!
 
black79transam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 282
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 'WHEELS' View Post
If that car was completely badge-less and you couldn't tell it was a mustang, you're a ******* idiot. It's not as generic as you guys are making it out to be.
Agree. Still think it needs a retro style recess on the door
black79transam is offline  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 AM
  #100  
On The Tree
iTrader: (9)
 
99Custom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Buckeye, Az
Posts: 186
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I think it looks pretty sweet. I would drive it over the newer Camaro that's for sure.

I like allot of different cars and really don't hold any bias though, I will also tell you when I think a car is cheap or just junk after driving it.
99Custom is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not a fan of the new Mustang styling


About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: