Any Victory riders? - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Any Victory riders?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #41
TECH Fanatic

b-b-b-b-b-but loud pipes save lives, why would you ever want to get rid of them!? Seriously gonna kick the next guy in the nuts who says that to me.

Thats weird to see a bike tach go to 5500rpm. My vtwin is just starting to get really really happy around 5500rpm! Redlines at 9500 and limits at 11000 lol.

Still a good lookin bike, thats forsure. Glad she is treating you well and you are getting it to the point of your liking.

Last edited by trilkb; 04-15-2014 at 03:54 PM.
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #42
Old School Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
b-b-b-b-b-but loud pipes save lives, why would you ever want to get rid of them!?

Thats weird to see a bike tach go to 5500rpm. My vtwin is just starting to get really really happy around 5500rpm! Redlines at 9500 and limits at 11000 lol.

Still a good lookin bike, thats forsure. Glad she is treating you well and you are getting it to the point of your liking.
Just get a Screaming Banshee horn for when you need it so you don't have to torture yourself with loud exhaust.
speedtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #43
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblebox View Post
so i finally did a few significant things to the bike.

1. installed baffles in the pipes and half-wrapped them.
2. installed a power commander (running a generic tune while i wait on the dyno)
3. installed lloydz torque tubes (intake tubes)
4. lowered it ~1.5"

Nice! Now that you have the torque tubes your cam install will be easy. Also becareful with lowering these bikes. You may want to tighten up that rear shock, if you hit a good enough bump you'll rip the rear lighting harness right out from under the fender. Ask me how I know! Lol!
11z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:20 PM   #44
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
b-b-b-b-b-but loud pipes save lives, why would you ever want to get rid of them!? Seriously gonna kick the next guy in the nuts who says that to me.
I definitely think audible pipes help save lives, but loud *** pipes are just obnoxious. lol

Quote:

With the bolt-ons it easily pulls past 6500. They were pretty conservative with the factory limiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11z71 View Post
Nice! Now that you have the torque tubes your cam install will be easy. Also becareful with lowering these bikes. You may want to tighten up that rear shock, if you hit a good enough bump you'll rip the rear lighting harness right out from under the fender. Ask me how I know! Lol!
I cranked up the shock when i lowered it to stiffen it up a little. I also wired the taillights and ran them to the side of the fender to be safe. I'll probably port/mill some 92 heads and do cams at the same time next year. Should make 120hp at that point, yea?

As far as exhaust goes, my next setup will be a vance & hines pro pipe mated to chopped victory drag pipes. I'll have to wait a while though until i can rat-hole some cash.
rumblebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #45
On The Tree

Good, I'm glad you paid attention to all that stuff. I see damaged harnesses all the time because no one thinks of that or bothers to look underneath the rear fender to see how close the tire comes to the wiring when they lower them. I'm thinking you should be able to hit 120 at the rear wheel easily, probably closer to mid 120's torque and horsepower at the rear wheel. If you decide to go to a 2into1 set up you could probably step those numbers up a little more. One thing you may want to look into aswell is sending your ecm out to Lloydz or thevicshop and have your rev limiter raised and ignition timing advanced.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 AM   #46
On The Tree

Not sure if you you've seen this yet but if you get time go on thevicshop's youtube page and check out the 104 ci turbo Vegas they built. 200 rear wheel horse!!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #47
Village Troll

These things make me want to heave.
SS RRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #48
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS RRR View Post
These things make me want to heave.
Yeah they are tough to stomach looks wise. I'll tell you though they sell like hot cakes.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #49
TECH Fanatic

I remember the first time I saw one of those! I thought it was some new age goldwing to be honest lol. Was like wow, they really changed the styling!

120 wheel hp/tq is alot of power, thats for damn sure. Mine dyno'd 108hp at around 10000rpm I think and like mid-low 70's for torque at the wheel. Its not the most powerful bike ive owned but it the one that uses and delivers its power the best.

What size engine is in the victory again?
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #50
On The Tree

Believe it or not they handle really good, like almost sport bike good and they are comfy as hell. Plus they have all the bells and whistles. The motors are 106 ci which I think is 1737cc's?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #51
TECH Fanatic

I rode a vision and loved the handling, but I'd definitely get a cross country instead.

The 1st gen vics had a 92ci. They went to a 100ci and 6 speeds in 2005, and a 106 in 2011 with a revised 6 speed. They started using closed loop in 2008.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Victory riders?-image.jpg  

Last edited by rumblebox; 04-16-2014 at 05:37 PM.
rumblebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:10 AM   #52
Teching In

It's been a few years but I hope you are still ridin that Vic!
T/A Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:32 AM   #53
Village Troll

Quote:
I know you can't reply to this, maybe not even see it, but to those who have this same mentality it's horse ****. When driving in California no bike I came across was quiet and it was reassuring since they can legally lane split. It was nice to know when they were coming up on me/passing. Only time it's annoying is if they stay right next to you, but those who ride rarely do that from what I've seen. I surely don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11z71 View Post
Yeah they are tough to stomach looks wise. I'll tell you though they sell like hot cakes.
I recant my statement. About a year ago I saw a cruiser in flat black and it was sick. Very reasonably priced too. Shame they are closing.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:20 AM   #54
Teching In

Lane splitting is just asking for trouble sooner or later...... Some nice aftermarket pipes that open up the bike from stock and increase SOME sound and tone is nice but man are REALLY loud *** pipes anything other than annoying!!
T/A Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #55
Village Troll

There were many times I've wished it was legal in other states I've been in. Especially at stop lights where you can directly see in front of you the dolt chicken pecking on a cell phone or the dolt beside her/him thinking it would be a great time to upend everything in the car looking for God knows what. I can agree when there are those who split lanes when riding like a moron. I think CA has laws on when/how one can lane split. It's just in heavy traffic I remember really having to pay attention when changing lanes because a lot of them were going extremely fast.