another workout topic/discussion - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

another workout topic/discussion

Old 07-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike9396 View Post
yea I love to eat and I have never dieted down but im about to start because I want to lean up some !

right now im 5'9 and 210lbs probably 15-20bf id like to drop to 190 hopefully my gut will be gone lol

I have been as big as 260 I cut drinks and lost like 20lbs
Inded... and my own personal opinon on this is simple " how bad do you want it ? what exactly does 1 want to look like ? if it were easy everyone would be doing it. It just comes down to personal opinon of what ya wanna look like.
98MysticGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #22
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98MysticGreen View Post
Inded... and my own personal opinon on this is simple " how bad do you want it ? what exactly does 1 want to look like ? if it were easy everyone would be doing it. It just comes down to personal opinon of what ya wanna look like.
that's exactly right ! I told my wife I work out to damn hard to eat shitty lol

I get up at 4am and hit the gym from 5am to 6am then ride a hour to work from 7am-330pm. I have to make time to lift because I work 1st shift and she works second so we don't have to put our son in day care, **** cost to much lol
madmike9396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #23
TECH Regular

I do 3 heavy sets and 3 sets at 225 with as many reps as possible, with push ups after each set at 225. I focus on form and full reps. 20 reps at 225 is no bitch, but it's easier doing half reps like the two dudes in the video.
why87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #24
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by why87 View Post
I do 3 heavy sets and 3 sets at 225 with as many reps as possible, with push ups after each set at 225. I focus on form and full reps. 20 reps at 225 is no bitch, but it's easier doing half reps like the two dudes in the video.
half reps are bull **** lol
Old 07-06-2014, 06:55 PM   #25
TECH Senior Member

Smile

im probably older thAN MOST of you guys here and while im not shredded im getting there and imo look better than i have in quite some time.

since ive changed my routine as i described ive noticed a more defined upper body. i started training legs again after ignoring them for years. i used to squat heavy but got paranoid about getting injured but since ive been using a hack squat and leg press ive gotten some noticeable growth there also. smaller waist and flatter stomach too which really helps make your whole body look better overall.

changing gyms really got me motivated too. much better equipment and atmosphere.

you guys have posted some great info so far and if you have any helpful on getting my reps up please tell me.

any nutrition tips also would be nice. dont be uncomfortable mentioning PEDs because it comes with lifting so we dont have to pretend they arent a factor when it comes to reaching goals for some of us.

talking about MMA is cool too because i really enjoyed it and miss it a lot.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #26
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
i did notice rich and that other guy werent using the form i use but i wont give rich any **** because hes a ******* monster and knows his way around a gym.

also i get a little pain until im warmed up in one of my shoulders so possibly i could have got 1-2 more reps.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #27
TECH Addict

what exercises would you like to increase reps on ? 225 for x amount of reps ?
Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #28
TECH Regular

Quote:
That was the first thing I noticed in the video lol.

I'm no monster in the gym, but I do enjoy lifting as heavy as I can 3/4 weeks of the month. Probably should change it up for a bit as I've not gained much ground recently.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #29
TECH Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS View Post
i did notice rich and that other guy werent using the form i use but i wont give rich any **** because hes a ******* monster and knows his way around a gym.

also i get a little pain until im warmed up in one of my shoulders so possibly i could have got 1-2 more reps.

yea I love riches honesty I've seen every video twice or more lol
Old 07-06-2014, 07:01 PM   #30
TECH Regular

Quote:

Biggest thing that helped me with that was doing more low weight/high rep shoulder exercises and a lot of stretching.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #31
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
yea I love riches honesty I've seen every video twice or more lol
did you see where they suspended his account on you tube temporarily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by why87 View Post
Biggest thing that helped me with that was doing more low weight/high rep shoulder exercises and a lot of stretching.

stretching is also good and i try to between every set. im wondering if i should try 135 for 6-8 205.5-7 then get to it.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #32
TECH Addict

Quote:
yea I was pissed lol
Old 07-06-2014, 07:09 PM   #33
TECH Addict

you ever watch CT FLETCHER ?

I think pause reps help your strength
Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Half reps are a joke.... I see this sooooooooo often that I just wanna drop what im doing grab a plate and throw it at the guy or girl " people who load up the bench reguardless if its flat , incline , decline then go down 2 -3 inches and up and think they are the ****.

Since I started when i was 17 jr in highschool till now going on 33. I go all the way down and up as you're suppose to. Same rules apply to squats. If you can't do a full rep then lower the weight and you're ego and drop weight and do it right or dont do it at all This isnt the same thing as do compond exerices such as Skull crushers , french presses for example " For those of you who don't know what those are it's your tricepts. Movements like that the last thing you want to do is lock out you're elbows.

1 thing I havent mention or anyone else yet is this. If you wanna get you're bench up for whatever reason thats up to you, Dumb bells are the key.

Theirs alot of reasons as to why people dont use dumb bells for chest and im not referring to doing flys. You will not only increase you're strenth but will increase the size of your chest and form it so you have an all around chest.

DUMBBELLS > BENCH
Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #35
TECH Addict

Old 07-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #36
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
you ever watch CT FLETCHER ?

I think pause reps help your strength
a little. i think hes FOS about being clean though. but he has some good workout videos.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:

stretching is also good and i try to between every set. im wondering if i should try 135 for 6-8 205.5-7 then get to it.
Another good stretch you should try if you dont already is when you're laying down on the bench and about to pick the bar up before you do so grab the bar and pull your chest up and exhale 3-6 times then stop pause for a second then perform you're set. It works wonders
Old 07-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #38
TECH Addict

Quote:
Half reps are a joke.... I see this sooooooooo often that I just wanna drop what im doing grab a plate and throw it at the guy or girl " people who load up the bench reguardless if its flat , incline , decline then go down 2 -3 inches and up and think they are the ****.

Since I started when i was 17 jr in highschool till now going on 33. I go all the way down and up as you're suppose to. Same rules apply to squats. If you can't do a full rep then lower the weight and you're ego and drop weight and do it right or dont do it at all This isnt the same thing as do compond exerices such as Skull crushers , french presses for example " For those of you who don't know what those are it's your tricepts. Movements like that the last thing you want to do is lock out you're elbows.

1 thing I havent mention or anyone else yet is this. If you wanna get you're bench up for whatever reason thats up to you, Dumb bells are the key.

Theirs alot of reasons as to why people dont use dumb bells for chest and im not referring to doing flys. You will not only increase you're strenth but will increase the size of your chest and form it so you have an all around chest.

DUMBBELLS > BENCH
this is true ive been using dumbbells the last 6 months and I decided to max on bench one day using barbell and I haven't touched a barbell no **** in 6 months and I done 315 for 6 reps I was like DAMN !!!!! I was so surprised lol
Old 07-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #39
TECH Senior Member

Quote:

DUMBBELLS > BENCH

dumbbells no doubt are great for size and strength but they ****** kill my joints. my shoulders and elbows feel like they going to snap the **** off.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #40
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Another good stretch you should try if you dont already is when you're laying down on the bench and about to pick the bar up before you do so grab the bar and pull your chest up and exhale 3-6 times then stop pause for a second then perform you're set. It works wonders
funny, i do something like that i didnt think anyone else would LOL.