another workout topic/discussion - Page 209 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices

another workout topic/discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

I got a new PR for deadlift at 405. Want to hit 500 so a metric **** ton of work to do lol. But also in a caloric deficents since in a weight loss challenge. So overall feel good about it.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Kleeborp the Moderatorô

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross View Post
I got a new PR for deadlift at 405. Want to hit 500 so a metric **** ton of work to do lol. But also in a caloric deficents since in a weight loss challenge. So overall feel good about it.
That's awesome...I was on my way to 500 a few years ago. Got to 465, ended up hurting myself shortly thereafter, and never tried again. I don't go much over 315 these days when doing reps, and I'm okay with that.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Had to take 10 days off for a ski trip but excited to get back to the gym next week. I didnít use to miss it so much, so I think that says Iím on the right track.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:27 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Holding strong at 243 here. Zero diet considerations and no planned exercise only what work is providing me so maybe 250 aint gonna happen. Feet are getting sore fairly often, cant say I like that much. Feel good, BP good, diet for *****. This hit my playlist at work today and theres some excellent ideas on fitness here that is sure to help some of us out.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm in a funk.......... Can't seem to get that drive to workout for some reason
Old 03-14-2019, 09:06 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Go to the gym, get inside, start with light lifts to warm up and keep an eye out for the first focused lifter and work out close to him/her to absorb energy for motivation. The funk "dont feel like it today" problem is very real for all of us and its for this reason alone I SWEAR the gym works so much better than lifting at home because you have to commit to get there and no one goes in and leaves unless they aren't feeling well. Riding bike is good fir this too because you put distance that must be returned and its always the return trip that brings all the gains. When I have time I ride as far as I can away ( 20-30 miles typically ) until I start to tire a bit then I take a break, eat as much as I can mostly carbs and I head back. 9/10 Im jelly when I get home but those kind of rides it only takes three months to get into super fit shape. The weight bounce back up from biking is much quicker and easier than lifting lean is though.

Sometimes mixxing it up helps too. Trying some outdoor activity to bring some thrills back into the exercise. Workout partners seem to work very well too although I have never had one theres a couple of teams at my local gym who are super ripped always working out together.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 AM
Village Troll

Stopped the strict keto and fasting. If I really had the motivation I'm sure I could get down to 205, but at what cost? I refuse to fast forever. Eating low carb it seems my body wants to stay between 215 and 220. So let it be written. So let it be done.
Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
I'm in a funk.......... Can't seem to get that drive to workout for some reason
You just have to go through the motions. Stop thinking about not going, turn your brain off and just go. Once you've gone, you won't regret it.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

part of it is Ive just flat out not recovered from beginning of the school year (wife became an AP) and since we have a tiny one gym time disappeared. Since the alternative was not hitting the gym till 9pm I decided home gym was the way to go. Fast forward 4 months got a nice piece of equipment that would allow me to do most of what I do at the gym. Then I got a new job which has been awesome but exhausting and ive just not landed on my feet yet. I know this, recognize it, just cant seem to get over the hump. which is sad and embarrassing because its literally "just a few steps away!!!" but ive not been doing my meal prep the same either so its on all fronts. Sad part is my weight didnt really change I just got back up to 214 my body seems to be happy there but I want to get back to under 200 14lbs doesnt sound like much, but just cant seem to shed the fat but I think its a consistency thing.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:41 AM
Village Troll

Even if it's for 15min to half hour it will benefit you. Hell I usually only work out for 45min 4 days a week and am perfectly happy where I'm at. Don't have to be a gym rat to experience gainz!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:10 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Sounds like getting started earlier in the am is your best option. Try waking 30mins early and doing 20 mins per day straight out of bed. You can do 7days this way and not over do it and its not much time. I think I might try this too actually, hmmmm
Old 03-15-2019, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

For lifting, I like to go for a solid hour, but sometimes it's shorter and sometimes the workouts are sh^htty because I am tired. I still get something out of it.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
I know this, recognize it, just cant seem to get over the hump.
blackbyrd im not much to listen to in regards to "motivate" other people, just ask cam.

but, he is right, getting up in the AM is the way to go that fits my blue collar curse. i do not dictate when i get home or how many days of the week i work. maybe when everythig goes electric, exxon, motiva, valero, total, huntsman etc etc will stop obliterating my weekends. the only control i do have i exploit. i get to control my mornings and what i eat for breakfast, that is the rock on which i build my church.

the hard part, of course, is forcing that extra 1 1/2 early wake up. it was easier when i was getting fucked by the green weenie. But now that i have no one to yell me awake, ive had to learn to do what you must as well. ya gotta learn to **** yourself.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam, my friend.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

People do smirk, laugh, etc when I tell them I go to bed at 9-930pm. Presume it is due to my age. However it goes away when the rest of the thought it is mentioned. Awaken at 430am to be at the gym for 530am to 7am workout.

It is true when in a rut, just going and starting a few weights brings on those aggressive hormones to do more and heavier and focus and poof! You are doing a full blown workout.

Last edited by Felix C; Yesterday at 01:22 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I think folks just need to figure out what works for their schedules. When I was younger I always got up at 6AM but now I'm more of a night owl.

Someone shared this article in our little 100 person car guy fitness group on FB:
https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...p8x-GI_hgNQBQw
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

If I work out at night I get too wired. Even in my hard partying days it was first am off to the gym because of this plus I was typically hitting the sauce at work eod typically by 7-9pm or so and lifting whilst saucing was never something I enjoyed, bleh. The most ripped friend I have lifts right before bed though, hes lifted that way for ten years so it can work and PSJ is right you have to work with your sched. Whatever it takes to get started which develops a rhythm which leads to increased motivation and your all set again. I'd say 1/3 days I would usually utter aloud "I dont feel like going to the gym today" but 99% of the time Id drag *** over there and I always felt great afterwards and often said things like "I cant believe I didnt want to work out this am, I feel great" etc.

Funny how the mind plays these games on ourselves. Its kinda like the brain is always seeking a reward for whatever its currently doing, and if indulged leads to a behavior pattern. Underneath all that active thought is where the instinct and motivation thoughts lurk around and its the good thoughts here that we need to bring to the top. This is work, and like anything the more work we choose for ourselves? The more wok we enjoy as we tend to work our way to autonomy by exercising these abilities. We typically recognize this by saying things like "I knew better" but our behavioral habits got in the way and its this process of mastering our time and focus that really brings the gains with fitness, and life in general.

Carpe diem gents
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seeing fit women in tights also strokes those T-levels. They notice. We all notice each other at the gym. Unspoken. Weird how so much communication can occur without dialogue.

There is genuine camaraderie respect among males. Do not need to lift big nos. Repeatedly putting in 100% effort at whatever weight one is at brings respect. Something rarely seen outside the gym as it is dog eat dog.

I love the gym going experience. Feel so great afterwards. I still recall when I was novice it was so strange.
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

^^100%. I love working out at the gym, for all those reasons. I get sometime motivated to go for it because I see another regular getting after it. And the scenery is a bonus.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another workout topic/discussion

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: