How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally? - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

How do you guys deal with road rage, mentally?

Old 08-26-2016, 02:16 PM   #41
TECH Fanatic

What about BEFORE the video starts? It's unclear as to who the ********** is..... brake check guy for doing 27mph? Fish whale tailin SUV guy for doing 97mph??
AnotherWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #42
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 View Post
Doubt that happened, it's a dash cam not the Hubble Telescope. Regardless, you ARE allowed to use your brakes - even on highways!!!

That is the most epic brake check I have ever witnessed. Just sucks that the guy looks like he went a-zing-zong-zingity into oncoming traffic.
You can't brake suddenly on a highway with no one in front of you. Most states have statute's against "sudden" stop.
Jon5212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #43
Village Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon5212 View Post
You can't brake suddenly on a highway with no one in front of you. Most states have statute's against "sudden" stop.
Exactly this. One can be cited reckless driving or equivalent if it can be proven a driver did a purposeful brake check.

Quote:
What about BEFORE the video starts? It's unclear as to who the ********** is..... brake check guy for doing 27mph? Fish whale tailin SUV guy for doing 97mph??
They're both at fault for taking it that far.
SS RRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:29 PM   #44
TECH Fanatic

Never get that close. A good driver knows how fast a real performance car can stop... and keeps that in mind when driving behind vehicles in general. I NEVER get close to the bumper of a car in front of me, not in traffic, not out of traffic, not ever. I've seen people crash in front, and had ample time to gradually smoothly come to a stop. There is always a huge gap, probably 15 cars, even at moderate highway speeds. It can get you angry, when they try to deliberately pull in front of you unnecessarily, coming within inches of my car at high speed to get in front of me. Really you couldn't wait 0.458 seconds to get a couple of feet ahead instead of just inches? And then move right back out of the lane when you realize my car speed = the same speed as the car in front of me and there is no where to go. Get ice cubed! Hail is, after all, quite a natural encounter. Main thing to take away from all this is, random people can be unpredictable animals.

I we animal do crazy thing, need welder and paint booth just to drive confidently in normal traffic. If we had the space and time, support chassis with custom metal structure, learn to repair body panels, pick a demolition car and begin to care much less, craft with hiding purpose built frame/tube under what looks like OEM bumper material (cough spike was a good dog), but realistically as it is my car is almost an antique and still in good shape so I'd rather not crash it up right away.

Last edited by kingtal0n; 08-31-2016 at 11:29 PM.
kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:28 PM   #45
TECH Fanatic

In heavy traffic on the interstate, I just sit in the left lane and maintain a reasonable distance between me and the guy in front of me. Usually the left lane moves the fastest.

The people who drive me nuts are the ones who tailgate in heavy traffic. Back the **** off, there are 3000 cars in front of me doing the same damn speed. And you know how sometimes traffic can go from 75mph to a crawl in about 2 seconds where you have to stand on the brake.

Or the people who weave in and out in traffic, dude you got there 3 minutes before I did just chilling in the left lane doing the same speed as the guy in front of me. If I see somebody doing that, or trying to pass me on the right when I'm on the left and there are a line of cars in front of me doing the same speed, I always try to close the gap so they can't cut in front of me. Go **** yourself and chill the **** out, driving like an ******* and cutting everybody off is not going to get you there any faster.

Also the ******* who are in the far left lane in a 4 or 6 lane interstate, and then get over 800 feet before their exit. Everybody go **** themselves, I'm more important that I can't be in the right lane and have to cut everybody off and make them brake, thus making the 20 cars behind them slow down as well.

If I see people looking down at their phone and not paying attention, I honk at them every time. I don't flip them off or try to provoke them, but I cuss under my breath.

Last edited by AronZ28; 08-26-2016 at 11:34 PM.
AronZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:25 AM   #46
Village Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AronZ28 View Post
Usually the left lane moves the fastest.
When I had a long commute on the freeway it seems the right lane would move great when approaching an onramp. Everyone wanted to get over so they didn't have to yield to merging traffic. I did this all the time and would always find some mouthbreather 10 cars back pecking on their cellphone so I could easily get back into an inside lane when getting close to the onramp. My commute is now 10 minutes on residential streets. My soul has returned...
Old 08-31-2016, 12:13 PM   #47
TECH Senior Member

When I used to drive a lot for work in Columbus I'd have problems with idiots. Mostly I just handle it with yelling profusely at the person even though I know they can't hear me.

I was on the receiving end of road rage once (and I wasn't even involved in what originally happened that got the guy in rage mode) so I have no desire to be in that position again nor do I want to be that guy either.
SparkyJJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:15 PM   #48
TECH Fanatic

If you mean Columbus Ohio I know what you mean. I'm there every Friday and it never fails, 71 north between frank road and 11th street, I always get a moron who is in the wrong lane or 20 mph on the interchange ramp.
trilkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:48 PM   #49
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilkb View Post
My current favorite drive home from work song (best part is at ~2:14, really works the sub in my truck):

thunderstruck507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #50
TECH Fanatic

As I grow older, I internalize my road rage more. I tried the *thumbs up* approach, but found I was thinking more about the incident when I did that. So mostly, I just curse to myself or the immediate vicinity and forget about it within 5 minutes.

However, today, I got severely wound up. This guy's going 25MPH through a 30MPH neighborhood, and I'm following him on my '09 Harley Sportster the whole way... go figure he's going my way. It's a big F250 and he has a grill in the back of the bed with straps. I initially rationalized his slow driving that he was making sure the grill was secure. Alright, I feel better.

Then he throws a cigarette butt out the window. Strike two, litter bug.

Then he picks up speed in a 25MPH zone to 40MPH. Strike three.

Then, as I follow him down a portion of 40MPH road, I'm suddenly being peppered by something very fine. In no time, I realize it's a mist of water. I look forward, *** hole is holding down his windshield washer switch. Strikes four through ten.

Everybody knows it's ten strikes you're out. So I downshift, get up next to him and give him a long, hard look at my middle finger. And he's definitely looking back like I'm the idiot.

Still thinking about that incident 2 hrs later. But sir, you earned that one.
themealonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 AM   #51
TECH Fanatic

^^^^^Which leads me to a question I ask myself every couple of weeks as a the driver of a car 40 feet in front of me decides not only to clean his windshield with his washers, but mine as well. When the **** did auto manufacturers decide that the standard psi for washer squirters should fall between 85 - 98? With flow rates of several gallons per minute? I don't want your chemical asher fluid all over my windshield and paint.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:14 AM   #52
TECH Senior Member

Um, you do realize that when you spray liquid on the glass, it is going to splatter, plus wind blowing on there is going to also throw it around, right?

Seems like a really weird thing to get angry about
Old 09-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #53
TECH Fanatic

How much of a factor is wind when stopped at a light? Fluid hitting a windshield and then flying over an entire car or SUV, past my hood and onto my windshield is excessive. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 micro drops. On the highway the cars can be an 1/4 of a mile ahead.

I know my Silverado doesn't do that. Don't know about the TA, never used the squirters before.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:32 AM   #54
TECH Senior Member

Oh, I thought you meant when driving down the road.

My Silverado has the washers right on the arms, which helps with keeping the stuff on the windshield. My Camaro has squirted washer fluid enough to sprinkle the t-tops and the rear window a bit, but nothing too crazy.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:53 AM   #55
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
^^^^^Which leads me to a question I ask myself every couple of weeks as a the driver of a car 40 feet in front of me decides not only to clean his windshield with his washers, but mine as well. When the **** did auto manufacturers decide that the standard psi for washer squirters should fall between 85 - 98? With flow rates of several gallons per minute? I don't want your chemical asher fluid all over my windshield and paint.

you can adjust the nozzles on the hood with a pick. I had friend that aimed both of his at adjacent cars.
kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #56
TECH Enthusiast

two things that really get me going are when two (or three) cars are driving the same speed next to each other as has been covered already, the other one is the guy who will go the speed limit or a little under then when coming to a passing zone will speed up to make it impossible to pass. I was following a guy yesterday in a 55mph zone going between 50 and 55 for miles, we get to a passing zone and I pull out to pass and he floors it as I am overtaking him. I look over and he gives me the **** you look and I have to floor it as well to get around him, ended up going 75+ to get around him and then he rides my *** for a mile then backs off to his 50mph again. I just don't understand that at all.
hokeplaya05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:13 PM   #57
Village Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
I just don't understand that at all.
There are those who feel the need to control the actions of others.
Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #58
TECH Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeplaya05 View Post
two things that really get me going are when two (or three) cars are driving the same speed next to each other as has been covered already, the other one is the guy who will go the speed limit or a little under then when coming to a passing zone will speed up to make it impossible to pass. I was following a guy yesterday in a 55mph zone going between 50 and 55 for miles, we get to a passing zone and I pull out to pass and he floors it as I am overtaking him. I look over and he gives me the **** you look and I have to floor it as well to get around him, ended up going 75+ to get around him and then he rides my *** for a mile then backs off to his 50mph again. I just don't understand that at all.
I despise these ********.

What about the right lane drivers on a 4-lane road who decide to speed up just when you are about to be able to get into the right lane to pass the ******* retarded slow driver who won't get the **** out of the left lane? These double-tard incidents are becoming increasingly more common.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #59
TECH Junkie

Oh, and do they not teach that high-beams aren't supposed to be used 100% of the time while driving at night? I live in Texas, so maybe it's just our friends who have migrated here from south of the border? So many people do this **** around Houston. This is a "basic" rule most (I would think.) people learn before they even start driving.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #60
TECH Fanatic

Yes they are. People are ******* stupid. I nearly **** myself a couple of times a week doing my 400+ miles. 1 - out of fear of what just happened and 2 - out of shock from the **** I see.

Headlights - what about the people with no headlights on at night? I see that far too often. Again, people are ******* stupid.