Gallardo lp560 or Audi R8 V10 - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Gallardo lp560 or Audi R8 V10

Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #21
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78novacaine View Post
Sir, please put down the crack pipe, and slowly walk away. We will get you the help you so desperately need...
I don't smoke crack.

Show me an exotic rip-off car that will out-do an 800 RWHP ZR1......on the drag track, on the road track, anywhere you choose. And still be well under $135,000.

Lets see who the real crack smoker is.....

They mod ZR1's out here and in Dubai and they ***-RAPE every exotic car out here, and we have them all. With unlimited Arab cash to dump into them. There's street racing out here too. Even the moron Sheikh that brings his stupid Devel 16 out.....sucks.

There's a few properly modded UGR Gallardos and some GTR's. But you're talking $300,000++ for the Gallardo.......$150,000 for the heavy modded GTRs.

For less than $135,000....nothing can touch a modded ZR1.

LS6427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #22
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6427 View Post
I don't smoke crack.

Show me an exotic rip-off car that will out-do an 800 RWHP ZR1......on the drag track, on the road track, anywhere you choose. And still be well under $135,000.

Lets see who the real crack smoker is.....

They mod ZR1's out here and in Dubai and they ***-RAPE every exotic car out here, and we have them all. With unlimited Arab cash to dump into them. There's street racing out here too. Even the moron Sheikh that brings his stupid Devel 16 out.....sucks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzQ6qrzq-JI

There's a few properly modded UGR Gallardos and some GTR's. But you're talking $300,000++ for the Gallardo.......$150,000 for the heavy modded GTRs.

For less than $135,000....nothing can touch a modded ZR1.

He very clearly stated that he doesn't want a front engine, rwd car. He also already owns an R8, so he clearly likes the styling. He didn't ask for the fastest car for $135k, he asked for opinions on particular exotics. Might as well have just told him to buy a couple foxbodies and mod the **** out of them, one for drag and one for road course...
78novacaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #23
Douchebag On The Tree

Just buy 7 3rd gens and LS swap each of them sumbitches. Ain't no faggy, overpriced exotic touching that for the mone!
justin455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #24
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6427
I think the R8 is about the cheesiest looking sports cars out there. It has the clown car look like the Veyron.

Get a Supercharged Corvette....mod it a little bit.....be way under your $135K budget.....and *** rape any of the other cars, in just about every way.

And daily drive it for years and years.

Quote:
I'm here in Dubai.....there's a ton of used exotics for cheap out here. Almost anyone making just decent money....$125,000-$200,000 per year can own a 3-4 year old Lambo, Ferrari, GTR, etc.....

I'm considering getting Lambo. Keep it just 1-2 years, then sell it for a little loss. Then go for another type.

Also, a few GT 40's for sale....but they hold their value much better than the Lambo.

Lol. "**** all these exotics, get a corvette and mod the living **** out of it and beat down on all these idiots bringing exotics to the races. Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a Lambo".
'WHEELS' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #25
On The Tree

IMO, the R8 is a cool car that has class but I see them everywhere in LA, so I'm a little desensitized to them. I would absolutely love to own one though. Lambo's are always cool to see, the sound of them surprises me every time. Owning one would be a different story though, the attention could be both good and bad, and I'd be terrified to see the maintenance costs.

I know it's not in your list but I like the GT3 idea. I've always slept on Porsche, but after seeing this beautiful brand new orange GT3 parked in Beverly Hills, downloading the Porsche pack on Forza (lol) and seeing reviews on the GT3 and how it's such an amazing drivers car, I think I'm in love with it. Maybe throw one in the list and drive one just to see what it's like lol. I would have to either get it in the orange I took a pic of, or this purple.
Attached Thumbnails
Gallardo lp560 or Audi R8 V10-photo797.jpg   Gallardo lp560 or Audi R8 V10-photo699.jpg  

Last edited by 'WHEELS'; 03-14-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #26
Launching!

If I wanted a rwd american...why not get the viper instead of the vette???

I dont know if my sig shows but Ive owned 3 vipers.

I could get a 2017 and with just a few basic mods have a car that traps in the 136-138 mph range...

Except...Im not 26 anymore where its all about speed to me. Im 37 now and wayyyy more chill lol.

I just need a good 120 mph trapping car in a pretty rapper that valets move bmws and mercs to put in the best spot.

It is funny though how life works out..

3 years ago I would have given my left nut for a brand new viper/zr1

Nowadays I respect them but generally want somthing a lil more prestigous.

( but if I have enough cash I do plan on spending 37k in the future and adding a 2003 srt10 convertable viper to my R8 or Lambo.

Such an awesome looking and fun car for the money!!!!!
Killemall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #27
Launching!

I could get a 2017 and with just a few basic mods have a car that traps in the 136-138 mph range...

Except...Im not 26 anymore where its all about speed to me. Im 37 now and wayyyy more chill lol.

I just need a good 120 mph trapping car in a pretty rapper that valets move bmws and mercs to put in the best spot.

( but if I have enough cash I do plan on spending 37k in the future and adding a 2003 srt10 convertable viper to my R8 or Lambo.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #28
Launching!

Wheels...Cali and Florida is supercar heaven.

But here in Hawaii....

Well Ive seen 3 R8s in my life here.

Extremely rare and people flip out.

More Lambos here than R8. Ferrari is a VERY rare sight though here.

As to the R8 looking like a clown car...

Too each their own..

I wasnt sure if I had made the right move when I went from my 03 viper to 09 R8.

So I went to a car rental and parked the r8 next to a viper.

R8 hands down blew it away in exterior, interior, use of carbon fiber, fit and finish, engine placement and viewability.

That was good enough for me. I considered it an upgrade and it should have been because I paid double for the R8 that I did the viper.

But until I actually had the r8 up close and personal I was concerned that it might not be as pretty as the viper.

I was very very wrong.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #29
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'WHEELS' View Post
Lol. "**** all these exotics, get a corvette and mod the living **** out of it and beat down on all these idiots bringing exotics to the races. Anyways, I'm thinking about getting a Lambo".
Exactly.....why do people pay stupid money for these exotics....only to have less performance ALL AROUND. Its weird. And a lot of exotics are ugly as all hell, like the Audi and Veyron. Arabs out here in Dubai have brains....they buy Vettes and mod them to 1,000-2,000 HP.....drive them every day. Smoke every MODDED exotic there is. No GTRs with 1,500 HP touch these Vettes. Its pretty funny.......
There's a bunch of F-Bodys out here too.....I was going to bring my car out here after its tubo kit is installed and has roughly 1,100-1,200 RWHP.....but I need it in the USA when I come back for my OFF periods.

Nuff said: The exotic car murderer

Old 03-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #30
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killemall View Post

I hear ya....I'm 47 now. And now that I have a lot of money I want to buy the things I couldn't have when I was younger. But I want pure performance.
Exotics are great.....I actually might get a Lambo out here in Dubai. My friend flys (hes a pilot like I am for private billionaires) for the Sheikh that is in charge of all exotic cars abandoned at the airports. And they get abandoned every single day.....usually 3-4 each day. From Bentleys to Lambos to GTRs to Hyundai Accents. They are abandoned by people who have done something wrong....usually from going into too much debt. If you are in debt in Dubai....they take your passport and you settle your debt before you can leave...or you go to prison.
So these people just pack up and leave before they get busted....and leave their car at the airport.

This Shiehk can sell these exotics or literally give them away as gifts as long as the bank notes are paid off. Basically, he owns any abandoned cars. Its sick out here, but thats how it works.

I'm hoping to get a Lambo, 3-4 years old, for less than $50,000. Mint condition with almost no miles. But its a waiting list.......so I am patiently waiting for him to choose me. ((And no, its never allowed to leave the UAE, it must stay forever. If I move back home I can sell it only for the amount I paid for it.))

No way I would pay regular prices for an exotic like a Lambo, but $45.000 I sure will. No exotic car is worth anywhere near these ridiculous prices.....

Old 03-16-2017, 08:20 AM   #31
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6427 View Post
I'm hoping to get a Lambo, 3-4 years old, for less than $50,000. Mint condition with almost no miles. But its a waiting list.......so I am patiently waiting for him to choose me. ((And no, its never allowed to leave the UAE, it must stay forever. If I move back home I can sell it only for the amount I paid for it.))

No way I would pay regular prices for an exotic like a Lambo, but $45.000 I sure will. No exotic car is worth anywhere near these ridiculous prices.....

I like the way you can GET the car.. But I don't like the CATCH that you can't sell it for a profit and you can't export it.. I guess that's one of the many differences between the USA and other places around the world..
NewOrleansLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #32
On The Tree

Quote:
Exactly.....why do people pay stupid money for these exotics....only to have less performance ALL AROUND. Its weird.
Quote:
And now that I have a lot of money I want to buy the things I couldn't have when I was younger. But I want pure performance. Exotics are great.....I actually might get a Lambo out here in Dubai....
I'm hoping to get a Lambo
What???
Old 03-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #33
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'WHEELS' View Post
What???
Lmao.. Well at least he'd only be paying $45,000 for it the exotic and not stupid money..
NewOrleansLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:59 AM   #34
Launching!

I just dont believe anyone who says owning an exotic is stupid.

We are car guys or we wouldnt be posting here.

99% of the people here would give their left nut to own any 100k plus car.

Im not saying an american car cant be faster or a better value...

But theres also somthing special about owning somthing special.

In Dubai.....A corvette IS an exotic car. Its an American sports car that cost 55-120k depending on the model.

Its not exactly cheap. Especially the msrp on a ZR1.

Speed is irrelevant.

My last viper was 3200 pounds with weight reduction and 555 rwhp. It was most defiantly faster than gallardos, r8 v10s, porshe tts and any other 180-300k cars you can think of. Even pulled ony friends lp570-4 superlegerra.

BUT.....

I was also smart enough to know that anyone who could afford a 150-300k car could easily buy 3-6 of my vipers...or just one and tt the hell out of it for 1300 rwhp.

Thats the way I always see it.

An exotic is making a statement...

A guy in a 2004 Gallardo he paid 80k for, for example...

A LOT of cars on here will destroy a 2004 Gallardo in a straight line, on curves, the dyno, yada yada yada

But he could have bought whatever Chevy he wanted. Even C7z06s go for 70-80k

The same cant be said the other way around. Most of us cant afford an 80k car (or wed all have C7Zs lol)

Thats what an exotic brings to the table.

Ill never forget the time I was driving my black nsx back in like 2007.

I thought I was the **** lol....

Then this guy in a black Ferrari f360 spyder pulled up beside me...

We could make a lot of arguments about how my supercharged nsx was faster or handled better...Even how the nsx is consideted the superior car in many head to head reviews.....

But the bottom line was that his car cost double what mine did and suddenly my nsx didnt seem so awesome anymore.

If Im wrong or coming off as a deusche then so be it...

But id take a 200k exotic car any day over a 9 second gt500, gtr, z06, camaro ect.

You can make anything fast. But not any car can be special.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #35
TECH Fanatic

Guess I'm part of that 1% then

Even if I had the money I wouldn't own a 200k "exotic". All those cars are usually super fragile and crazy expensive to maintain/own. Plus I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving it parked somewhere afraid that some jealous douchebag will come around and key it (seen it happen to couple of my friends who own these kinds of cars)

As stated here I'd rather just mod the living hell out of a Vette or Viper or something. Or you could get a cool looking LS based kit car. There are some sick ones out there that can be stupid light and fast.
M4N14C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #36
TECH Fanatic

Just for my opinion. I would go with the Audi R8 v10. Not sure why but I've never really had a liking for Gallardos.

As you already have the R8 & love it. Getting the v10 would just make it better. Good luck man.
SoFla01SSLookinstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #37
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1 View Post
Lmao.. Well at least he'd only be paying $45,000 for it the exotic and not stupid money..
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4N14C View Post
Guess I'm part of that 1% then

Even if I had the money I wouldn't own a 200k "exotic". All those cars are usually super fragile and crazy expensive to maintain/own. Plus I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving it parked somewhere afraid that some jealous douchebag will come around and key it (seen it happen to couple of my friends who own these kinds of cars)

As stated here I'd rather just mod the living hell out of a Vette or Viper or something. Or you could get a cool looking LS based kit car. There are some sick ones out there that can be stupid light and fast.

To most people...an 90-150k viper (depending on base coupe with discounts
to craziest acr) is an exotic.

Ive never even seen a 2013 and up viper in real life. Probally crap myself.

You cant really lump viper and vette together like that. Ones an extremely rare hand built V10 that cost a minimum of 90k and has 640 plus hp.

The others a minimum 55k v8 with 4xx hp that they make 30k a year of.

On the average day you will see 2 or 3 C7 vettes that likely cost 55-65k

This is a awesome gift for a blue collared worker whos been working hard his whole life at 50 or 60k a year to get himself.

If you see a new viper.....Its a very rare sight and likely cost nearly double the vettes youve seen.

Also in head to head testing at the drag strip the viper was hitting 131-133 mph stock while the z06 was hitting 127-130 stock.

Im not saying the vette...eespecially in z06 foform isnt awesome.

But even that top line vette is far cheaper and not quite as quick as the viper.

So if you would want an viper....

You seem to like entry level exotics just fine lol
Old 03-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #38
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killemall View Post
To most people...an 90-150k viper (depending on base coupe with discounts
to craziest acr) is an exotic.

Ive never even seen a 2013 and up viper in real life. Probally crap myself.

You cant really lump viper and vette together like that. Ones an extremely rare hand built V10 that cost a minimum of 90k and has 640 plus hp.

The others a minimum 55k v8 with 4xx hp that they make 30k a year of.

On the average day you will see 2 or 3 C7 vettes that likely cost 55-65k

This is a awesome gift for a blue collared worker whos been working hard his whole life at 50 or 60k a year to get himself.

If you see a new viper.....Its a very rare sight and likely cost nearly double the vettes youve seen.

Also in head to head testing at the drag strip the viper was hitting 131-133 mph stock while the z06 was hitting 127-130 stock.

Im not saying the vette...eespecially in z06 foform isnt awesome.

But even that top line vette is far cheaper and not quite as quick as the viper.

So if you would want an viper....

You seem to like entry level exotics just fine lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok View Post
Just for my opinion. I would go with the Audi R8 v10. Not sure why but I've never really had a liking for Gallardos.

As you already have the R8 & love it. Getting the v10 would just make it better. Good luck man.

Thats what Im feeling too. Thanks
Old 03-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #39
TECH Junkie

Have you considered saving yourself a ****-ton of money and picking up a brand new 2017 ZL1? I know it's not an "exotic", but it will stay right with or outrun anything on your list.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #40
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
Have you considered saving yourself a ****-ton of money and picking up a brand new 2017 ZL1? I know it's not an "exotic", but it will stay right with or outrun anything on your list.

Theres sooooooo much more to a car than how fast it is in a straight line or around curves.

My 510 hp viper and 420 hp R8 for example.

They both get around a road course in nearly the same amount of time with the edge going to the viper.

0-60 is nearly identical with the viper being about 8 tenths in the quarter mile faster with an 11.8 at 122 vs a 12.6 at 114 for the v8 R8.

But speed is like 20% of it. Honestly

The R8 rides better, smoother, takes turns better, has a better fit and finish, turns more heads, sounds better, has a much nicer interior, has a much nicer engine display and location. Has much more carbon fiber and upclass feeling.

I get what you are saying.

Hey, for the money just buy this.

If you only care about speed and numbers then Im 100% with you.

But theres just SO MUCH MORE TO CAR WORSHIP AND OWNERSHIP THAN NUMBERS.

I really dont get why anyone wants an ashton Martin?????

Just looks ok to me and the performance is soso...

But man...These guys are passionate about the overall James Bond experience lol.

Im sure it is somthing that cant be explained in words.