How Do You Approach a Large Car Corral with Decent Size Cash Purchase? - LS1TECH

How Do You Approach a Large Car Corral with Decent Size Cash Purchase?

Old 03-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #1
On The Tree

Default How Do You Approach a Large Car Corral with Decent Size Cash Purchase?

Currently, I am looking to buy a 50's chevy truck or 60-72 C10. I plan on purchasing with cash and suspect the range will be $15K-20+. In Florida, we have a very large car show twice a year which also has a car corral with thousands of classic vehicles for sale. So my question is, what is the appropriate and best way to purchase a vehicle at such a show should the perfect vehicle be available?

I know you can likely get a better deal with cash on hand, but the idea of walking around an entire day with that much cash on my person is not very appealing for reasons that are self-explanatory. Do people typically agree on handshake deals and meet an a subsequent day? School me on the proper protocol. Thanks.
Count of Monte Crlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
Staging Lane

I would just drive to the bank with that person, I would never walk around with that kind of cash on me. Especially with all the Civil Forfeiture garbage going around these days.
Eric Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Launching!

How would anybody know you had the cash? Its not like you carry it in your hand... But yea,,,

If there is an auction, sometimes they offer escrow service for a small fee, that way if you find a car, you just go to the auction office and seal the deal and they cut the seller a cashiers check. At really big shows some offer title services and such as well..

I've also just checked to see if my credit union had a branch close by then call ahead that you will need a large cash withdrawal on such and such a day to close on a potential auction.
They have always handled it cheerfully..
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
TECH Junkie

In the movies, they just handcuff a locked briefcase to their wrist. Try that.
-Ross- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #5
On The Tree

Some additional details- It is not an auction and it is on Saturday and Sunday so using the bank is a tough option since they are mostly closed. Handcuff is seeming like the best option haha.
Count of Monte Crlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
Launching!

Get the money out friday, take ~10% with you Saturday, leave a deposit if you find something you like and return with the rest on Sunday. Or just leave Saturday and get the cash and finish the deal.
sw07gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
In the movies, they just handcuff a locked briefcase to their wrist. Try that.
Probably should hire Jason Statham too incase a couple hundred people try to rob you...
Subliminal Hit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #8
On The Tree

Take a deposit with you, have the money at your house in a safe. I would take a picture of the cash with you along with a picture of your license to show the people you do in fact have the money at home.
vwdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:58 PM   #9
TECH Fanatic

Money Belt.
Orange Juice is offline   Reply With Quote