Saturday - 12 Hours of Sebring (IMSA formerly ALMS)! - LS1TECH

Saturday - 12 Hours of Sebring (IMSA formerly ALMS)!

Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
Launching!

Default Saturday - 12 Hours of Sebring (IMSA formerly ALMS)!

Is anybody going or watching this year? It's in Sebring, FL... one of the most brutal race tracks in the world. (Partially because of the heat in this state.) When I was a kid I would always go with my dad and brothers to watch, back when it was still apart of American LeMans. Saw the Audi R8 win open-cockpit prototype victory like 8 years in a row, which is why they made the super car and named it after their race car. I got to sit in the prototype of the road car R8 before they released it the year the R10 race car debuted. Really a lot of great history at this track.

I don't like how they changed to IMSA, but I guess financially the merger was necessary. Things are starting to return to normal. I'm most excited this year about the GTLM class.

I think the C7.R Corvette and new Ford GT debut is going to be an AWESOME race in this class.
SouthernRex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:22 PM   #2
Staging Lane

****....I did not realize that this was tomorrow...I should have bought tickets, I was just thinking about this last night and how cool it would be to go since I'm only about 1 hour away.

Next year.
Eric Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Trujillo View Post
****....I did not realize that this was tomorrow...I should have bought tickets, I was just thinking about this last night and how cool it would be to go since I'm only about 1 hour away.

Next year.
Yeah, I wanted to go this year, but I couldn't afford tickets + new tent + food + taking time off from work etc.

I'm going to go next year, though. I'm going to try to get tickets around October or November, whenever they go on sale.

This year I'm going to watch it on TV/Internet, and have some brews.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
Launching!

Fox Sports 1 for anyone that wants to watch it live. One Corvette hanging behind in 2nd from Ford GT. The other Corvette started at back because of technical violation post qualification. The FoxSports GO also has a few cool permanent in cockpit streams.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:40 PM   #5
On The Tree

Year after year I still enjoy this race. Especially when it turns to night. Most cars were impressive as usual. Amazing road race machines.
*Corvette team overtaking Ford Racing GT for first was impressive
*Mercedes AMG team walked away with the GTD checkered. Lead most of the day. Great driving. First win at Sebring in 60 years.
*Cadillac finishing 1,2,3 in prototype as well.

On a side note, I really like how technology makes the experience even better. Not a super new idea.....but The digital placards on the side of each car that show position are a great idea. Also the blue LED number plates, and LED roof line markers. The ford gt's had some cool side scoop lighting as well. Glad there were other watchers lol.
black sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
Launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black sky View Post
Year after year I still enjoy this race. Especially when it turns to night. Most cars were impressive as usual. Amazing road race machines.
*Corvette team overtaking Ford Racing GT for first was impressive
*Mercedes AMG team walked away with the GTD checkered. Lead most of the day. Great driving. First win at Sebring in 60 years.
*Cadillac finishing 1,2,3 in prototype as well.

On a side note, I really like how technology makes the experience even better. Not a super new idea.....but The digital placards on the side of each car that show position are a great idea. Also the blue LED number plates, and LED roof line markers. The ford gt's had some cool side scoop lighting as well. Glad there were other watchers lol.
Absolutely. I loved the Ford GT, they were solid as hell. I think they said they were the only GTLM class car to not have any kind of mechanical problems? Just fuel and tire swaps. Proud of the Corvette boys pulling through.

Last edited by SouthernRex; 03-19-2017 at 08:22 PM.