(Yawn)..So I finally seen the demon post real world times - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > WEBSITE ACTIVITY FORUMS > Racer's Lounge
Reload this Page >

(Yawn)..So I finally seen the demon post real world times

Notices

(Yawn)..So I finally seen the demon post real world times

Old 01-20-2018, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Default (Yawn)..So I finally seen the demon post real world times

And as predicted, not impressed. Yes, the thing was not on 100+ octane.... but in real world temps.... even with race fuel, I still don't see it running the claimed number. I'm sorry, but 85k just isn't justifiable here. Anyway, here's the vid.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah converted to 1/4 mile is like around 10.5 at around 130 or so. I can sort of understand the 10.5 if the driver is inexperienced but a 130 trap is not very impressive
Old 01-20-2018, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

I don’t think $85k is bad at all I can’t believe it’s under 100k. The new CTS-V’s are $100k+

On race fuel on cool nights I think high 9’s will be a regularity for them. It didn’t even sound like he was on the trans brake
Old 01-20-2018, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Yeah converted to 1/4 mile is like around 10.5 at around 130 or so. I can sort of understand the 10.5 if the driver is inexperienced but a 130 trap is not very impressive
Yup. And yes, I'm kinda bashing on the car.... but it's basically a brick on wheels, that sounds like a truck. That 103 1/8th mile trap, while on a tire is very telling.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Subliminal Hit View Post
I donít think $85k is bad at all I canít believe itís under 100k. The new CTS-Vís are $100k+

On race fuel on cool nights I think high 9ís will be a regularity for them. It didnít even sound like he was on the trans brake
See, that's the thing. It's going to take 40 degree weather while at sea level to run the number. Do it in average weather, 75-85 degrees.....
Old 01-20-2018, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

What were the track conditions when they did the 9.6 at 140? I know they had to be really good, but were they like -3000 DA and 40 degree temps or something lol
Old 01-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Launching!

There's another Demon owner who went 10.30s in the mid 130s with full interior and the full size front wheels with only a handful of passes. Anyone who thought Joe blow was going to run 9.60s in average or worse conditions is fooling themselves. Badass cars.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
What were the track conditions when they did the 9.6 at 140? I know they had to be really good, but were they like -3000 DA and 40 degree temps or something lol
Don't hold me to this, but I think they did it in Houston at near 40 degree weather. I read it somewhere a while back.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
Don't hold me to this, but I think they did it in Houston at near 40 degree weather. I read it somewhere a while back.
Gotcha. That makes sense, and I bet the DA was BIG TIME negative too lol
Old 01-20-2018, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

I know what youíre thinking OP...you think because you can buy a 5.3 or LQ4 and throw it in anything with an 80mm borg Warner and run 9ís for 20k that the Demon is a POS. Well, itís only that easy now because hundreds if not thousands of guys have done it before you and laid the groundwork and templates for everybody to follow. 10-15 years ago, a lot of us were putting $20-50k in our turbo f-bodyís to try to run consistent 9ís. Nasty T/A had the stenod guys in MI build his car that I think went a best of 9.29 back in I think 2006 and that was one of the baddest street cars on the forum. I bet he had $40k+ in it on top of what he paid for the car so figure 60k+ into the car, and it was barely a street car at that point, and needed constant maintenance. 9ís are only so easy with turbo LSís now because so many people have done it. But, after 4-5 years, tell me how much work and $ you have put into it, and youíll be probably needing a complete overhaul if youíve put 10-20k street miles on it with some strip use.

The demon will be like a new car still with 10-20k miles, with a warranty and A/C and all you probably will have done is put a new set of tires on. And youíll probably be looking to mod it and start knocking on the door of 8.90ís.

Iím no fan of dodges, but how many other 9 second cars can you buy brand new for 85k?
Old 01-20-2018, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

See, that's the thing. It's going to take 40 degree weather while at sea level to run the number......
Welcome to drag racing. ALL cars run their best times in low DA. Cold weather and low elevation are huge factors. Derp
Old 01-20-2018, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Here’s what 9’s used to take and looked like

https://ls1tech.com/forums/staff-veh...-turbo-ta.html
Old 01-20-2018, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

A shame when someone can’t even “drive” auto.

I don’t think all will be able to run what Dodge claims because of the conditions when they tested them but I still think with a competent driver they will post good times. For what you get I see that car as a bargain especially for some who’s really into drag racing.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
Welcome to drag racing. ALL cars run their best times in low DA. Cold weather and low elevation are huge factors. Derp
You're missing the point guy. It was and is smoke and mirrors, you'll notice that when they let press run the car down the track.....you never once seen a timeslip. Wonder why?.... because it simply wouldn't do what they claimed. Please understand that I'm WELL aware of the effect that weather plays on a car. The point is, they purposefully played a marketing trick.... run the thing in abnormally great conditions. The average person who buys that car will be pissed and confused when they can't get the car out of the 10s.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Subliminal Hit View Post
Hereís what 9ís used to take and looked like

https://ls1tech.com/forums/staff-veh...-turbo-ta.html
Looks like he had a kings ransom tied up in that car. Nice car that ran good, no doubt about it. I'll just say this, I told myself that I won't street race anymore.... but if I seen one of these on the street, I'd be forced to make an exception. Whether he's on his race gas and special key or not, it's curtains.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think it's cool that Dodge would even make a car like this. It's nice to see the big 3 still making muscle cars. Dodge needed something to compete with the Copo and the Super Snake so they took a hell cat and gutted it and turned it up.

With that said, most anything with reasonable high hp, the average Joe won't run the times that magazines/manufacturer claims. Cars like the ZR1 are good examples. Too many variables that must line up to hit the times that the MFR claims and only a handful of either ex pros or track junkies can match.

I also think the car is under priced, but could build a Vette, Fbody, and Ctsv for the MSRP lol.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
I think it's cool that Dodge would even make a car like this. It's nice to see the big 3 still making muscle cars. Dodge needed something to compete with the Copo and the Super Snake so they took a hell cat and gutted it and turned it up.

With that said, most anything with reasonable high hp, the average Joe won't run the times that magazines/manufacturer claims. Cars like the ZR1 are good examples. Too many variables that must line up to hit the times that the MFR claims and only a handful of either ex pros or track junkies can match.

I also think the car is under priced, but could build a Vette, Fbody, and Ctsv for the MSRP lol.
I would understand if it was a stick. But being automatic, and on DRs.... not really many excuses left.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

Old 01-20-2018, 08:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would understand if it was a stick. But being automatic, and on DRs.... not really many excuses left.
It was pretty obvious from the vid on his 1st pass he didn't have alot of experience drag racing lol. I'd like to see some times from experienced drivers with the car on full tilt with race gas. 9.6 prob not, but I do think it'll run a single digits in good air with a good driver. Everyones car runs better, sometimes significantly, in good air. DA don't lie.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1 View Post
Salty over an ugly tank of a car that cost 85k+, And isn't as fast as claimed?? Ok....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: (Yawn)..So I finally seen the demon post real world times

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: