Does your 4th Gen get alot of attention? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices

Does your 4th Gen get alot of attention?

Old 03-03-2018, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Does your 4th Gen get alot of attention?

I had to admit I'm quite amazed with how much attention my F-Body gets. Everytime I take it out side I get a compliment on it. I've had people coming the opposite direction literally stop, roll down the windows and ask me about the car. The past 3 times I've stopped for gas literally all 3 people have come up to me asking me about it or the gas station clerk would ask about it. Even today coming home on the Interstate I had a 370Z pull up beside me and give me a thumbs up.

On the flip side, while my 6th Gen gets attention and people say its a nice car, it doesn't exactly cause people to turn heads and ask "what is that?"
Old 03-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Village Troll

Yes. People looking at it like they have a plate of **** under their nose wondering how that hideous pile is still making noise and moving under its own power.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:52 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Not really, at least not outside of car shows and such. Once in awhile it will get noticed, but it always takes me by surprise because I don't expect it. To be fair, I don't drive the car often so it's not like there are many chances for anyone to see it. Compared to my '71, my '98 is almost invisible.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sure it gets noticed a lot but I have to wonder if it's more due to the fact that it's loud with a big cam vs the car itself. I get complements as well, but in all honesty my 16 V6 Mustang gets almost as many lol. I think most people care more what the car looks like vs how much power it makes. At least that's how I feel how they see it
Old 03-03-2018, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, it does, some at the track.... and on the street. But the reason is odd, it's mainly for the cheap vision star wheels that I put on it. People seem to like them over the fikse fm5s
Old 03-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Yeah, people always tell me that mine is the cleanest T/A they've ever seen, if not one of the cleanest. There are only a handful of WS.6's where I live and most are a bit rough and really loud.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:50 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Red SS with a black 4” cowl hood.... yes. It does.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

My WS6 convertible got way more attention than any of my others. My old 69 buick convertible on the other hand, that's a conversation at nearly every stop.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep mine does, Dark Navy with C5 wheels, people come and ask questions,
Old 03-03-2018, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by qweedqwag View Post

Yep mine does, Dark Navy with C5 wheels, people come and ask questions,
I like it lots
Old 03-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

mine gets so many damn questions when i take it out like "sir, do you know that tire size wont fit your year model?" and "does this headlight ever go down?" but my favorite is "so after its done, you gonna fixed this fubar paint and peeling clear coat?".

no. no i am not.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:12 AM
TECH Regular

Yes, all the time. I've had people chase me in traffic to compliment my car. Usually it's older people who approach me at gas stations and talk about their Trans Am "back in the day", but I get young people all the time complimenting it around town, and people making exorcist head turns when I drive by them. It's one of my favorite parts about driving the car.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

I would say mine gets a lot of attention. There are zero Trans Am's by me so that along with how clean I keep it and the color grabs the eye. I do paint corrections and ceramic coating and my paint just pops in the sun.

I also will roll through a parking lot or gas station with the cutout open and it just chops to all hell which usually leads to a random conversation.

Pulled into a gas station last summer with the girlfriend and had a 70 year old guy tell me the sound of my car really gives him a hard on lol !!

Old 03-04-2018, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A View Post
I would say mine gets a lot of attention. There are zero Trans Am's by me so that along with how clean I keep it and the color grabs the eye. I do paint corrections and ceramic coating and my paint just pops in the sun.

I also will roll through a parking lot or gas station with the cutout open and it just chops to all hell which usually leads to a random conversation.

Pulled into a gas station last summer with the girlfriend and had a 70 year old guy tell me the sound of my car really gives him a hard on lol !!

https://youtu.be/9xebZqPCZ0M
What he really should have told you is that your exhaust note is Ripping through his mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

Old 03-04-2018, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Ya sure pops wasn't looking at your girlfriend when he talked about his hard-on?
Old 03-04-2018, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah the stares i get with my cammed WS6...lol
Old 03-04-2018, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine doesn't at all on street. At the track since it looks stock,is quiet and goes 10s the people come over a lot.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If well maintained it should as it is an interesting body style different from what is seen now. Long, low roofline and wide. The Ram Air TAs especially with the beak nose.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Teching In

My 02 Black SS hard top gets a lot of attention from Subaru drivers all the time. It seems they all have something to prove. Not a fan.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JFsport02 View Post
My 02 Black SS hard top gets a lot of attention from Subaru drivers all the time. It seems they all have something to prove. Not a fan.
I've run into this alot too... I think what it is that alot of people base a stock LS1 is the barometer between if your car is fast or not. They feel that if you can beat a stock LS1, your car is fast. If not, its quick at best, but not fast.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: