Notices

Can it be spring time already

Old 01-30-2019, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

It was so cold this morning, that with the car at full operating temperature, I went into the grocery store for 10 minutes, and when I came out and started the car, i got a cold start.

kidding, but MAN it was brutal this morning!!
Old 01-30-2019, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Out making pulls and logging hey might as well get it in now. When it's August someone can make a thread about how great the north is and the south sucks.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ddnspider View Post
When it's August someone can make a thread about how great the north is and the south sucks.
Dibs.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:12 PM
Launching!

The off season is 5-6 months here in CO, but the road courses stay open depending on weather year round. As long as that sounds, it goes by fast when you're trying to make improvements to the car and catch up on all the other projects that got ignored during race season. Got a high of 50 tomorrow, we really don't get much of a winter here. Just enough to be not warm for no reason and just enough snow to get your car dirty on the way into work and clear dry roads on the way home. And 45 minute car wash lines.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RPM WS6 View Post
Cold and winter has stooped to a new level here today. The -22F morning temp was quite a wake up call, but at least it's warmed up to a nice -11F for the afternoon.

There are absolutely no "fun" outdoor activities in these conditions, at least not for me, unless said outdoor activity is to travel to a different region with better weather.
It was hitting -32 here on them super cold days still aint really that warm but its not negative degrees outside anymore my diesel aint really too happy about the cold situation around here
Old 02-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Launching!

High of 44 here today if it makes ya feel any better. Sun's shining.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 02-10-2019, 12:24 PM
Launching!

Please. This is back home.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:55 AM

My Tahoe is in the shop until Tuesday for a list of repairs, leaving me with just the Camaro to drive today/tomorrow. Forecast shows a chance of snow. Well, when fate hears I only have the Camaro to drive, you can guaran-damn-tee the snow is real. Just over an inch. Only a big deal when trying to leave the neighborhood, which is never plowed and uphill at both exits... This is the first time the car has seen snow in about 10 years, and I hate it...
Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z Fury View Post
My Tahoe is in the shop until Tuesday for a list of repairs, leaving me with just the Camaro to drive today/tomorrow. Forecast shows a chance of snow. Well, when fate hears I only have the Camaro to drive, you can guaran-damn-tee the snow is real. Just over an inch. Only a big deal when trying to leave the neighborhood, which is never plowed and uphill at both exits... This is the first time the car has seen snow in about 10 years, and I hate it...
Man that sucks i would go rent a car no way the trans am or mustang would see the snow i would go rent a car or download the uber or lyft app
Old 02-12-2019, 02:17 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by tberg725 View Post
Man that sucks i would go rent a car no way the trans am or mustang would see the snow i would go rent a car or download the uber or lyft app
I don't even bother to clear the snow from in front of my garage during the winter as there is zero chance of anything that's parked inside coming out before the roads are clean.

Having said that, I used to have a second 4th gen specifically as a daily driver so it got used all winter. Snow tires were the key to making this a reasonable winter driver, they made all the difference.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:23 PM
teh PuRpL3z

I got 20" of snow at my place in Seattle this week... largest February snowfall in over 100 years. It's been around freezing or below here for a couple of weeks.

This is highly unusual for this area, usually it snows and melts away the next day or two. We're going on a week and a half of snow and freezing temps. I haven't been able to make it to my office for days, and the forecast calls for more of the same for the next 2 weeks.

So no. It's not spring time. This is the most wintery winter we've had here in a long time.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

It's blasted hot out today....willing to trade 20 degrees of hot for 20 degrees of cold...any takers???
Old 02-24-2019, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

It's blasted hot out today....willing to trade 20 degrees of hot for 20 degrees of cold...any takers???
yea, as long as you take the "rains every god damn day" with it
Old 02-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Launching!

It's blasted hot out today....
Just wait 'till the summer.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheUrbz View Post
yea, as long as you take the "rains every god damn day" with it
No deal....we get enough rain in summer.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

This is a fair deal. It's going back down to 8F tonight. That's much too cold for this region in the final days of February. And I see a high/low of 16/2F for next Sunday. That's extremely cold for the first week of March. This has been our worst winter since '13-'14.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

There should never be negative signs or single digits when reporting the weather....and it should never rain below 50 lol.
Old 02-24-2019, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

No deal....we get enough rain in summer.
i have a puddle the size of a coffee table in my backyard that has not dried in 5 months. ima wait 1 more month before i write to Austin and ask to commission it as the 2nd naturally made lake in Texas.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheUrbz View Post
i have a puddle the size of a coffee table in my backyard that has not dried in 5 months. ima wait 1 more month before i write to Austin and ask to commission it as the 2nd naturally made lake in Texas.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: